Kenneth Walker III - Great video profile

kf3339

Reaction score
That was a great video and really makes you want to root for him to succeed. Even getting him at the same pick as Jonathan Taylor in 2020 seems ironic to me. It's kind of makes those who say don't waste a high pick on an RB seem rather lame. If he is good and can carry the load you go get him.
This kid can carry the load!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You know, one thing that really stood out to me was one of the announcers in this video and how excited he got when K9 would turn a few yards into big gains/touchdowns, the sudden jump in octaves of "WalkERRRRR!!!!!"...I can already feel the excitement that would come when he does it for us.

Jac

Reaction score
It's not hard to imagine him being one of the next "big things" across the league this fall.

Boohman14

Reaction score
On NFL network they were comparing him to a faster Lynch. Do any of you old-timers remember Lydell Mitchell of the Baltimore Colts in the 70's that's who he reminds me of. I think we're going to love this kid. And if Penny can play at the level he did at the end of last season I think our offense will be a force.
If we can operate on 2nd down and 2 or 3 consistently it will open up the passing game and take pressure off the QB. Pete-ball.

James in PA

Reaction score
This is one of the picks I'm most excited about and I mentioned this guy multiple times prior to the draft. I still can't believe there are any Seahawks fans who are down on this pick. First of all, it's not like we took him in the 1st round, we picked him in the 2nd. And we had TWO second round picks, using the other selection on a very good Edge.

Some experts had Hall as #1, others had Walker. But they all seemed to be in agreement that there was a significant drop off after these two guys. Pounding the rock is such a huge part of what the Seahawks do. And with Carson's very uncertain status and Penny's injury history, this was a no-brainer.

GemCity

Reaction score
First touch as a Spartan = TD. Sheesh.

This guys change of direction is nuts.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Given the high attrition rate of RBs AND the importance of the running game to team success, it seems to me that just increases the need to bolster that position with the best talent you can get your hands on. I wanted Taylor last year and Walker was one of my fave RBs this year. I am really excited about the prospects of our RB rotation and the way they will help cover for whatever deficiencies we have at the QB spot.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Most of the complaints are of the "don't pick an RB in Rds 1-4" or some such nonsense.

Hey, if the guy is there and the team likes him, and you think he might not be available later, you go for it.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Yeah. Lynch, Warner and Alexander. The team's best 3 RB's of all time. All first rounders.
Good backs get taken in late rounds. Great backs get taken in the first couple rounds. There is some value to a great back. Not the same as a great QB, but if you want to succeed without a great QB, you better have a great RB.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I said this same thing about Russ when drafted and got banned for it..... Walker is going to become the greatest RB in the history of this franchise.

He reminds me of thicker Napoleon Kaufman.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yup. In 2021 he led all running backs with 1,168 rushing yards after contact, 89 forced missed tackles and 46 runs of 10 or more yards.
If this doesn’t walk a fan back off the ledge, nothing will. The kid has natural ability and a brain. Special.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yup. In 2021 he led all running backs with 1,168 rushing yards after contact, 89 forced missed tackles and 46 runs of 10 or more yards.
Wow!! That’s a lot of YAC. Loving this pick!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The only time the Seahawks have been dominant is when they have a star running back. Warner, Alexander, Lynch.

Hopefully this young man will lead the Seahawks back to dominance