Kenneth Dixon

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cover-2":3hmmfmcj said:
I like Dixon a lot but I don't know if he has the size that they seem to like in their RB's. Dixon is 212 lbs and 215 lbs seems to be the minimum requirement for them at RB.
Waldman reported he was 217 at the Senior Bowl, IIRC.

cover-2

Reaction score
firebee":frc0xpq2 said:
cover-2":frc0xpq2 said:
I like Dixon a lot but I don't know if he has the size that they seem to like in their RB's. Dixon is 212 lbs and 215 lbs seems to be the minimum requirement for them at RB.

I don't think they value weight as much as they value weight per square inch. At 5'10", Dixon is stout at 215. It's not like he's a lengthy 6' guy coming in at 215 or 220 or an average 5'10" - 5'11" coming in at 200-210 lbs. He's built a little thick, but not so thick that he sacrifices his agility and speed. I like his combination of speed, power and balance.

Yeah to be more specific, I kind of agree about the weight per square inch. I questioned Dixon's weight because watching him he did not look stout at all, he had borderline skinny legs with a small bubble for a RB. He does have that "dog" in him that the Seahawks like, so I do still like him. I'm assuming he could easily get up to 220 lbs without losing too much quickness or agility. I wouldn't be surprised if put on some muscle on his lower body for the combine.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know if body type matters all that much. With the team gravitating away from a pure power scheme, the phenomenal success of a shifty back like Rawls has likely created a paradigm shift within the coaching staff and front office.

Rawls himself is top heavy, but still plays with good balance and strength. Dixon isn't even as top heavy as Rawls is, and runs like a sturdy back.

cover-2

Reaction score
kearly":1qi0ebef said:
I don't know if body type matters all that much. With the team gravitating away from a pure power scheme, the phenomenal success of a shifty back like Rawls has likely created a paradigm shift within the coaching staff and front office.

Rawls himself is top heavy, but still plays with good balance and strength. Dixon isn't even as top heavy as Rawls is, and runs like a sturdy back.

We have used the zone blocking scheme for awhile now and not a "pure power scheme". I think the Seahawks have always wanted a creative runner, for their zone blocking scheme, that runs with physicality. Up to this point John & Pete have only signed or drafted so called bigger RB's. I would be a little surprised if they drafted a smaller/lighter RB, in the first three rounds, that is more of a finesse runner. But, I could envision them seeing value with finesse RB's like Kenyan Drake or a C.J. Prosise in the 4th round.

titan3131

Reaction score
He is the penultimate 3rd down back, He is as fast as a reciever, moves silky smooth and blocks with great effort.

If he's there in the 3rd I need him in my life. Picks arent garenteed to even make the roster but I would bet everything in the world he would be our starter 3rd down back and kill it his rookie season. Remember when Mike Rob was a threat from the back field as a reciver? it slaughtered SF and then through the 2012 playoffs.

The more weapons we surround russell with the better.

pehawk

Reaction score
MB12":327290mf said:
He had a pretty good combine

I read opposite. Can't remember specifics, but I thought he had bad 40, cone, small hands. Still interested given a few minds I respect like him (OP included).

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
pehawk":3h5qk08s said:
MB12":3h5qk08s said:
He had a pretty good combine

I read opposite. Can't remember specifics, but I thought he had bad 40, cone, small hands. Still interested given a few minds I respect like him (OP included).
37.5inch vertical (fourth highest amongst running backs I think), 3rd in the 3 cone (6.97), 10foot 1inch broad jump and 9 and 1/2inch hands,
Forty was 4.58, but his first go was 4.54.

Seems pretty good to me

pehawk

Reaction score
I totally could've misinterpreted the takes yesterday. I also got shook on a youtube video...nothing makes sense.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Dixon and Keith Marshall were probably the two RBs I like the most in this draft. I feel like either could work wonders as a 3rd down back for us.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've soured on Collins and like Dixon even more now. Would be an interesting pair with Rawls.

penihawk

Reaction score
He is perfect for us but im thinkin it could take a 2nd to get him. Hope he falls in our lap in the 3rd tho.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
penihawk":1bo61li4 said:
He is perfect for us but im thinkin it could take a 2nd to get him. Hope he falls in our lap in the 3rd tho.
I think he'll be a scary Patriot

Latest posts