KAMTRACK

ZagHawk

Reaction score
is there a video of the hit, I was in the stands and I don't get the close up views.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cartire":2fh10dop said:
I have to rewatch it when its available on game rewind tomorrow. But I almost thought it was a clear helmet to helmet. Does anyone remember? Could possibly see a fine even though it wasnt called.

I will say this though. For as bad as the preseason was. And for all the horror we heard of this officiating crew. They were great tonight. I didnt think they blew a single call. I dont remember the last time I watched a game where I said that.

The holding on Miller against Mathews flop was the only exception. But Clay sold it well, so Im not harping on the crew for that.

there was no targeting, Lacy wasn't defenseless. if you call that then you need to call every snap of the ball as olineman and dlineman butt heads....

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":370x0uoj said:
Kam had some awesome hits this game, and that Lacy collision was like watching a loaded freight train hit a loaded freight train! Wow, what a hit! Even to a casual NFL fan, that's a highlight reel hit.

That said, I thought Kam had a very off game. Seen a lot of praise tonight for him, but to me his tackling was very 2008 Seahawks-esque. A lot of big hits, bounces, and then trying to recover as the offensive player stumbled forward for another half dozen yards and a first down. Sloppy. Hard hitting, but sloppy.

The poor tackling came on Lacy. And even though he didnt have a good night, Im not holding it all against him. Their line was trash tonight. They were barely able to get some decent blocks in before the injury. After that, both pass and run were gone. But Lacy is a tough beast to bring down. If people havent recognize that by now, I dont know what will change their minds.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen this before, Earl Campbell made many tacklers look like rubber balls. Lacy if he runs with more lean and knee pump will drive thru tackles. Kam hit a brick wall and won.

Also Wagner and Kam and a few others have not been playing and are still getting in game shape, practice helps but games are the test, I am sure both teams were feeling it a bit, now that we're into the season they should get into game shape pretty quickly.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":ty9nb8xp said:
I'm not picking on the guy, but Lacy stonewalled him on one play.

Dude is slippin. He needs to take this year more seriously. :evil:

Hawks46":ty9nb8xp said:
sturg78":ty9nb8xp said:
They stone walled each other.... and lacy walked out with a concussion. You're slipping.

My bad. next time I'll use the sarcasm emote. I thought that was overly obvious.
Whew! Thought you had to be joking. [emoji1] Either that or Bjorn had cloned himself.

253hawk

Reaction score
Lacy needs to quit lowering his head when running into piles. It's even a penalty if done between the tackles, but I really haven't seen the NFL call it much since they were supposed to start doing last year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2slkstjp said:
Kam had some awesome hits this game, and that Lacy collision was like watching a loaded freight train hit a loaded freight train! Wow, what a hit! Even to a casual NFL fan, that's a highlight reel hit.

That said, I thought Kam had a very off game. Seen a lot of praise tonight for him, but to me his tackling was very 2008 Seahawks-esque. A lot of big hits, bounces, and then trying to recover as the offensive player stumbled forward for another half dozen yards and a first down. Sloppy. Hard hitting, but sloppy.

First game of the season. However, what stood out to me was the gang tackling didn't have any chemistry behind it. A lot of. Players were getting in each other's way, tripping each other or nullifying each other's tackle.

An example of a nullification was Kam's hit on Lacy, Maxwell kind of got in the way for Kam to properly execute a clean hit.

Another time both Kam and Sherman had Lacy or Starks dead to rights but both took opposite symmetrical angles for the tackle that impeded both their momentum and tangled them up which allowed the RB to bounce off and around them escaping for a big run.

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":o809k295 said:
Lacy needs to quit lowering his head when running into piles. It's even a penalty if done between the tackles, but I really haven't seen the NFL call it much since they were supposed to start doing last year.

It's a penalty if it's outside the tackle box, not inside.