Kaepernick won't be watching...

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":jyr8dhcj said:
I swear, you guys post more stuff on Kap than Niners fans do.

You beat him. You beat the Niners. Let it go people. You WON.

I could have sworn you were going to leave the forums never to return...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Barakas":19e34lgg said:
Marvin49":19e34lgg said:
I swear, you guys post more stuff on Kap than Niners fans do.

You beat him. You beat the Niners. Let it go people. You WON.

I could have sworn you were going to leave the forums never to return...

Some things change. Some things don't. :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
TruHammer07":zn55rwyt said:
loafoftatupu why do you have a pic of Kaepernick as your avatar?

Because I am too lazy to change it and I am convinced that he is holding a turtle hostage. Free Sammy!

nanomoz

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":170ruq1t said:
What's more, his comment about "If I had thrown the ball a foot deeper into the end zone, we'd be in New York right now playing in the Super Bowl"... If he'd thrown it deeper, Sherm would have taken another half step before going up and making the play.

I was thinking the same thing. He's going to a lot of lengths to defend his decision. He had Patton wide open on the other side of the field. The INT kind of reinforces the notion that the dude is kind of a one-read-then-run QB in crunch time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
nanomoz":k0pder7e said:
E.C. Laloosh":k0pder7e said:
What's more, his comment about "If I had thrown the ball a foot deeper into the end zone, we'd be in New York right now playing in the Super Bowl"... If he'd thrown it deeper, Sherm would have taken another half step before going up and making the play.

I was thinking the same thing. He's going to a lot of lengths to defend his decision. He had Patton wide open on the other side of the field. The INT kind of reinforces the notion that the dude is kind of a one-read-then-run QB in crunch time.

Well, on that play he DID make the right decision. It's easy to say that Patton was wide open, but on that particular play call the decision on who to throw to is made before the snap. Crab 1 on 1 with no safety help on a double move. The ball is thrown right when the double move is made so there is no way to know if Crab will break open or not when the ball is thrown. The ball just wasn't thrown far enough, Sherman made a great play on the ball, and the LB made a great hustle play by trailing.

If you don't like the call, that's on the OC. Thats where I'm at. With that much time and 2 timeouts I'd rather they ran a draw or something. Even if they score there there is still time on the clock for the Seahawks to try and get enough for a field goal.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vp3ipp3 said:
nanomoz":3vp3ipp3 said:
E.C. Laloosh":3vp3ipp3 said:

Well, on that play he DID make the right decision. It's easy to say that Patton was wide open, but on that particular play call the decision on who to throw to is made before the snap. Crab 1 on 1 with no safety help on a double move. The ball is thrown right when the double move is made so there is no way to know if Crab will break open or not when the ball is thrown. The ball just wasn't thrown far enough, Sherman made a great play on the ball, and the LB made a great hustle play by trailing.

If you don't like the call, that's on the OC. Thats where I'm at. With that much time and 2 timeouts I'd rather they ran a draw or something. Even if they score there there is still time on the clock for the Seahawks to try and get enough for a field goal.

Did you just join the "if he threw it further, it's a TD" club? Don't be that guy, Marvin...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I hate the defense of throwing it one foot farther because it eliminates the notion that Sherman would have changed his position. There is this thing called cause and effect.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2pwr5g0l said:
Marvin49":2pwr5g0l said:
nanomoz":2pwr5g0l said:
E.C. Laloosh":2pwr5g0l said:

Did you just join the "if he threw it further, it's a TD" club? Don't be that guy, Marvin...

Missing the point.

He didn't throw it a foot farther. Niners lost. Seahawks won.

My point was that I didn't have an issue with the DECISION by Kap. I had an issue with the playcall to begin with (which was DESIGNED to have a presnap read when Crab got one on one with no safety...IE Sherman was all by himself out there), Kap himself admitted he could have made a better throw, and 3 defenders for Seattle made great plays.

This isn't an excuse...this is breaking down what actually happened and complimenting the Seahawks D the play.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawk fans seem to want to forget the following facts:

A) The NFCCG was a GREAT game by BOTH teams.
B) Kaepernick played well enough to win, the one pick to Kam was really his only seriously bad play.
C) The 49ers could have just as easily won the game, and if they did, they would have deserved it.

I have no problem with anything Kaepernick has said, other than really over stating Crabtree's numbers but is that really a big sin considering he's talking off the cuff and defending his teammate?

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- my respect for the 49ers, Kaepernick and Harbaugh has gone way UP in the last 2 weeks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2dvxnjzd said:

B) Kaepernick played well enough to win, the one pick to Kam was really his only seriously bad play.
C) The 49ers could have just as easily won the game, and if they did, they would have deserved it.

I have no problem with anything Kaepernick has said, other than really over stating Crabtree's numbers but is that really a big sin considering he's talking off the cuff and defending his teammate?

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- my respect for the 49ers, Kaepernick and Harbaugh has gone way UP in the last 2 weeks.
Marvin, he threw two picks and fumbled the ball. That was not his only bad play.

He did show better overall composure compared to his first two games at C-Link, but he still lost it when his team needed him the most.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He too dumb to know that he could learn a thing or eleventy billion from watching and emulating either or both of the QBs that will be playing. He probably has some cartoons he needs to catch up on anyway.

Marvin49

Reaction score
sc85sis":10pmp89o said:
Hawkstorian":10pmp89o said:

Marvin, he threw two picks and fumbled the ball. That was not his only bad play.

He did show better overall composure compared to his first two games at C-Link, but he still lost it when his team needed him the most.

Uh...That wasn't me. LOL. I agree with him, but that wasn't me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":7jslwomm said:
https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/412018530889244672

He'll be using Twitter to trash talk the Hawks while they play in the Super Bowl and he keeps making excuses and telling everyone his team is better.

Man...

...OK, you are going to take it any way you want, but that is not and has never been what he was saying. This was about defending Crab. Period. If Sherman doesn't say what he said then these conversations never happen. He never gets a direct question about Sherman. He thinks it was his fault they lost. Period. Not Crabs.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hce6r4l said:
AbsolutNET":2hce6r4l said:

He'll be using Twitter to trash talk the Hawks while they play in the Super Bowl and he keeps making excuses and telling everyone his team is better.

Man...

...OK, you are going to take it any way you want, but that is not and has never been what he was saying. This was about defending Crab. Period. If Sherman doesn't say what he said then these conversations never happen. He never gets a direct question about Sherman. He thinks it was his fault they lost. Period. Not Crabs.

Flip it so it was last year. And if Sherman was talking about how bad the Niners WRs were while they were in the SB and he was at home. My guess is you would take the other side of the debate. Period.

Polaris

Reaction score
Marvin49":2wkojh3t said:
AbsolutNET":2wkojh3t said:

Man...

I might be with you except Kaep also went on to claim that Sherman is afraid of his receiver (which frankly is laughable). So no, I don't think it was (entirely) defending a teammate and certainly not entirely so almost two weeks later. It seems like sour grapes to me.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":hvdv0bq3 said:

:34853_doh:

I am tired of Kap. Niners are a fantastic team, and after the game I respected what he told Wilson. Unbeknownst to me he was full of it and a week later took the opposite position. Opening his mouth and defending Crabtree not necessary. His comment that if Sherm is so great why does he have to state it, and then proceeds to state why Crabtree and the niners are the best. If he would just move on and not behave like Sherm and the hawks are camped out in his head I would have a positive outlook on the young man. Total shame because I liked him when he was playing college ball and after the draft.

There is not a niner fanatic in the world that will change my opinion of Kap. Lucky for him opinions don't mean squat. :16:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sounds like the Kraepper has a severe case of sore loser syndrome. He needs to STFU and do what he does best, knocking the dust of of some turtles!

Latest posts