Just wondering if these were make up calls

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't have much respect for the idea that you should just play better in the first place so that officiating calls do not matter. Games are tight in the NFL and officiating calls will always matter, and they matter MORE when your team hasn't been playing it's best and so a few bogus DPI's here or there give the other team the win.

It's sort of like saying "ignore play #72 because of what happened on play #44" when the reality is that all plays matter equally. It's possible to not like Janikowski's missed XP or the special teams breakdown that led to a TD, and also not like a bogus DPI at a critical moment in the game.

I do agree with MM that bad calls that benefit the Seahawks are also annoying. I'd rather win clean and one of the best parts about 2013 was how little doubt there was about that Superbowl game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":3euqne10 said:
I don't have much respect for the idea that you should just play better in the first place so that officiating calls do not matter. Games are tight in the NFL and officiating calls will always matter, and they matter MORE when your team hasn't been playing it's best and so a few bogus DPI's here or there give the other team the win.

Bold is where I'm at.

Yeah some bad calls yesterday, but those bad calls are compounded immensely when you're playing so sloppily, as we were.

- KO return for TD
- terrible tackling
- terrible coverage mistakes
- 2-3 times to win the game, and couldn't do it

If our D plays clean and tackles like they did last week, then we're not complaining about the refs. But when you shoot yourself in the foot the entire game, then the bad calls are magnified and win killers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3rje1e09 said:
After Wagner's hurdle and admitting it should have been called was this a make up game call to offset that win?

Yes it's conspiricy theory stuff but there was so much talk about it and the fact Wags thought he got away with something and it was in the media as such, the NFL Officials do not like to be made to look bad, and showed up. They fine for critisim of them by players and coaches, Wags didn't call them out but made them more look like fools.

Think about it from that perspective.

Add in that everybody knows beyond a shadow of doubt, that the sniveling Shannawhaaa whaaan protested to the NFL for being flagged for a 15 yarder two weeks ago at the CLINK, and wanted some make-up calls to go his way yesterday.

evergreen

Reaction score
minormillikin":127aam3x said:
I don't like bad calls for or against the Seahawks. Muddies up everything and gets people all angry over something they have no control over.

I've talked to Steelers fans and they're not proud of XL like they would be without all the ref interference. And I think Seahawks fans would have been way happier with an obviously clean catch than "fail Mary."
Dude I freakin love the Fail Nary! That play is lodged so far up Erin’s prostrate it’s never gonna come out. That made us hated nationwide. We are in opponents heads again too. Love all national anti Seahawks blabber. It’s so great for the sport.

evergreen

Reaction score
minormillikin":384j0d04 said:
I don't like bad calls for or against the Seahawks. Muddies up everything and gets people all angry over something they have no control over.

I've talked to Steelers fans and they're not proud of XL like they would be without all the ref interference. And I think Seahawks fans would have been way happier with an obviously clean catch than "fail Mary."
Dude I freakin love the Fail Nary! That play is lodged so far up Erin’s prostrate it’s never gonna come out. That made us hated nationwide. We are in opponents heads again too. Love all national anti Seahawks blabber. It’s so great for the sport.