Just wanted to say............

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Some may wonder "who the hell is this guy?" Well, I've been around since almost day one on this board. Live in N.J. and I am loved and hated at the same time!(kinda like that). Anyway, looks like a good season, but I am not "sold" on Wilson like most people are. A tall QB he is not and that's what wins in the NFL. Can Wilson "pull it off"..?? I dunno, we'll see. I am glad Jackson is back on this team as a backup QB. We can win with him at the helm. Not sold on our LB's this year and I am not sure about a consistent pass rush to increase sacks. That killed us in Atlanta last year.

Just a few thoughts from an old-timer.....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fudd??? THE TABS??? What's next? Steve Harper?? I must be off my meds.

(PS..Nice to hear from ya Fudd! It's been years!)

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
I've probably watched more Seahawk games than you watched cartoons.......LOL. I don't believe hype and homer BS either from fans or the media. Maybe you should both read posts clearer, too.

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2n5kirp1 said:
Fudd??? THE TABS??? What's next? Steve Harper?? I must be off my meds.

(PS..Nice to hear from ya Fudd! It's been years!)
Ha.ha.ha...Steve Harper..?? Haven't heard that name in a long time. What's next..Killian?

I've been reading the board for years, just don't post(as you can see).

mikeak

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":3tmkgz82 said:
Some may wonder "who the hell is this guy?" Well, I've been around since almost day one on this board. Live in N.J. and I am loved and hated at the same time!.....

Don't know you but welcome and don't understand why you would be "hated"

Fuddhawk":3tmkgz82 said:
not "sold" on Wilson like most people are. I am glad Jackson is back on this team as a backup QB. We can win with him at the helm.

Ah - thanks for explaining the hate :D

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":2p88o9hk said:
Some may wonder "who the hell is this guy?" Well, I've been around since almost day one on this board. Live in N.J. and I am loved and hated at the same time!(kinda like that). Anyway, looks like a good season, but I am not "sold" on Wilson like most people are. A tall QB he is not and that's what wins in the NFL. Can Wilson "pull it off"..?? I dunno, we'll see. I am glad Jackson is back on this team as a backup QB. We can win with him at the helm. Not sold on our LB's this year and I am not sure about a consistent pass rush to increase sacks. That killed us in Atlanta last year.

Just a few thoughts from an old-timer.....

Wilson is a great QB no matter his size, this team can win with Jackson now that is some funny stuff. For winning QB's must be tall I think you should watch that little Saints QB.

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
"Wilson is a great QB.".......he's played 21 games and "greatness" is thrust upon him..?? Have we won anything yet..?? I prefer to let history play out b4 "greatness" is tatooed on Wilson's forehead. I wasn't implying that Jackson was better suited to be our starter. I was saying if he plays we can with him, too in case Wilson gets hurt.

mikeak

Reaction score
Many of us say that he isn't great but he has the tools to be great and he is damn good when you look at his game overall

themunn

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":h9cjz9xk said:
"Wilson is a great QB.".......he's played 21 games and "greatness" is thrust upon him..?? Have we won anything yet..?? I prefer to let history play out b4 "greatness" is tatooed on Wilson's forehead. I wasn't implying that Jackson was better suited to be our starter. I was saying if he plays we can with him, too in case Wilson gets hurt.

you're forgetting his 8 preseason games!

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":34422t94 said:
Many of us say that he isn't great but he has the tools to be great and he is damn good when you look at his game overall
He has been good..I've seen every game. Just not "convinced" as some are, that's all. I've seen QB's on the Seahawks play great until a "real" team plays the Seahawks and turns the table on the hype. I'm just cautious!!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Hello Fudd the pessimist.

I suppose we need some of you just for balance purposes.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":3gtjcnjw said:
mikeak":3gtjcnjw said:
He has been good..I've seen every game. Just not "convinced" as some are, that's all. I've seen QB's on the Seahawks play great until a "real" team plays the Seahawks and turns the table on the hype. I'm just cautious!!

Are you doubting that we would have beat the Colts at Seahawk Stadium?

drdiags

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Raider Jon to come back and drive Les bananas. I came onto the board a little later after most of the old-timers moved on, back in 2004. But I have heard of the returnees. Welcome back,

HawkWow

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":1hy2f0kw said:

There's always the eye test. Greatness doesn't always show up in stats, wins or losses. I know you know this.

I think Andrew Luck is a great QB. I can reference every game he's played, college and pro, to form that opinion. Wilson played great at NCS, UW and he's played great, all things considered, with the Seattle Seahawks.

I do believe you have valid concerns with Wilson. I do too. There are throws he will not be able to make on a consistent basis. But there's also things, great things, that he is capable of that taller QBs are (typically) not. "Great" is a very subjective term. If someone sees greatness in RW, "Kool-Aid" likely has nothing to do with their perspective.

You suggest the fact we haven't won anything yet (with Wilson) detracts from this anointed greatness. Since we've won (road) play off games, I assume you mean he's not great because we've not yet won a SB. What are your feelings regarding Dan Marino, if I may ask?