Can I say it?

TraderGary

Reaction score
View attachment 58293Secondary will be solid
As I recall, Tre Brown in his rookie year looked like a potential shut-down corner before he got hurt. Since his injury, no one is talking about him any longer and he seems like a forgotten man. Is he completely out of the picture now?

I loved what I saw from him in his rookie year. Very aggressive corner in both coverage and run support. If healthy, I hope he gets another chance to compete for the starting CB spot opposite Tariq. Why is no one talking about him?

sutz

Reaction score
As I recall, Tre Brown in his rookie year looked like a potential shut-down corner before he got hurt. Since his injury, no one is talking about him any longer and he seems like a forgotten man. Is he completely out of the picture now?

I loved what I saw from him in his rookie year. Very aggressive corner in both coverage and run support. If healthy, I hope he gets another chance to compete for the starting CB spot opposite Tariq. Why is no one talking about him?
Actually I think John Schneider has brought him up as someone they hope to contribute this season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wait and see for me. The defense against the raiders was some of the worst I've seen and I've been a fan since hasselback got the start position.

AgentDib

Reaction score

Hopefully nobody is forgetting about him, but people aren't talking about him probably because we don't have access to medical information. Brown's recovery is a complete unknown unless you have information from inside the building. Modern medicine has grown in leaps and bounds, but players used to never be the same after patella tendon injuries like Brown suffered. Now it's a higher chance that he can recover but still far from a sure thing. The overall rate of return to play was 79.4 percent in a 2016 study and of those not many returned to the same performance heights as before the injury.

I'm obviously rooting for him, but the coaching staff didn't try to get him back onto the field last season after he cleared medicals and was full go in practice. This off-season is an enormous milestone and if he can stay healthy then we'll get much better information on Tre once training camp gets underway and we get a look at him.

Own The West

Reaction score
I like that we can field a full team right now, over a month before the draft. Last year at this time we had no idea who was going to play OT, CB, DE, WR...

We're in BPA-mode entering this draft, which is a pretty good feeling.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Hopefully nobody is forgetting about him, but people aren't talking about him probably because we don't have access to medical information. Brown's recovery is a complete unknown unless you have information from inside the building. Modern medicine has grown in leaps and bounds, but players used to never be the same after patella tendon injuries like Brown suffered. Now it's a higher chance that he can recover but still far from a sure thing. The overall rate of return to play was 79.4 percent in a 2016 study and of those not many returned to the same performance heights as before the injury.

I'm obviously rooting for him, but the coaching staff didn't try to get him back onto the field last season after he cleared medicals and was full go in practice. This off-season is an enormous milestone and if he can stay healthy then we'll get much better information on Tre once training camp gets underway and we get a look at him.

Incorrect, he took snaps on both defense and special teams.

Screenshot 20230317 170327

evergreen

Reaction score
Eagles were close. Very close. Chiefs can be beat. Bengals almost did it if not for another lucky Chiefs break. Put Geno on the niners and they are better.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I think you mean correct, he took just 42 snaps on special teams and defense combined unless I'm missing what your argument is.

I mean, read your post. You say they didn't try to get him back on to the field; they did. We've already seen him after his injury.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The wildcard with 49ers is the QB. Jimmy G. is gone, so Purdy and Lance no longer have a safety net. Is Purdy the real deal? Is Trey Lance really a bust, or too soon to tell (my view of him)? The rest of that team is solid, but Seahawks can beat them, if one of these QBs doesn’t step up.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I mean, read your post. You say they didn't try to get him back on to the field; they did. We've already seen him after his injury.
We're going to have to disagree if you really think that's what 42 snaps in 2022 indicates. To me, it couldn't be clearer that they were trying to be careful with his re-entry mid-season and that this preseason will tell a much more complete story.

The wildcard with 49ers is the QB. Jimmy G. is gone, so Purdy and Lance no longer have a safety net. Is Purdy the real deal? Is Trey Lance really a bust, or too soon to tell (my view of him)? The rest of that team is solid, but Seahawks can beat them, if one of these QBs doesn’t step up.
Sam Darnold isn't exciting but they picked him up this week for a replacement safety net. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up starting at least a couple of games next year.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We're going to have to disagree if you really think that's what 42 snaps in 2022 indicates. To me, it couldn't be clearer that they were trying to be careful with his re-entry mid-season and that this preseason will tell a much more complete story.

Sam Darnold isn't exciting but they picked him up this week for a replacement safety net. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up starting at least a couple of games next year.
I guess you could call Darnold sort of a safety net, but it would be good news for the Seahawks if it gets to that point.

GGotskill

Reaction score

That I agree with. I inferred from your other post that you thought he hadn't seen the field at all. Sorry if I misread it.

Rainger

Reaction score
Wait and see for me. The defense against the raiders was some of the worst I've seen and I've been a fan since hasselback got the start position.
LOL. Which means you admit you were not a fan and did not watch the team in the 70s 80s or 90s. Matt became the starter in 2003. So you admit that your experience of bad defensive games only goes back to 2003.

Even with that sample I have watched some far more horrendous defense they played prior to the Raiders game. Enough of the hyperbole!.