Julian Love on players smoking cigars

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I think the timing is poor. They couldn't wait an hour and go somewhere private to do that?

sutz

Reaction score
Agreed it's a bad look...but consider.

It's the end of the season. Is there any guarantee they'll be together again anywhere, anytime soon?

Wait and "find somewhere private?" It's a road game. Next stop airport and that plane ride home. Then it's clean out your locker for the offseason and maybe head for some other state, perhaps with no chance of returning.

Timing was bad, but maybe there won't be a better time. 🤷‍♂️

hangumhi

Reaction score
Not surprised to see Woolen right smack dab in the middle. I guessed earlier in the year that he got a little money and lost focus. This makes me think I was right. It's not the right time for a bunch of third string guys and a starter who repeatedly let himself and his team down, to be whooping it up and acting like you just won something big. You "barely" beat one of the worst teams in the league. Get the cigar out your mouth and show respect to the teammates, the ownership and the fanbase who you let down all year.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Agreed it's a bad look...but consider.

It's the end of the season. Is there any guarantee they'll be together again anywhere, anytime soon?

Wait and "find somewhere private?" It's a road game. Next stop airport and that plane ride home. Then it's clean out your locker for the offseason and maybe head for some other state, perhaps with no chance of returning.

Timing was bad, but maybe there won't be a better time. 🤷‍♂️
Today at vmac as they clean their lockers

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Those pictures hit social media for a good hour or two before we heard the "cause of Love's baby" excuse.

It's like the players saw that they were getting kicked in the nuts over the cigars after not making the playoffs, and then came up with this lame excuse.....even though all their team leaders like Bobby said "nah, not gonna participate."

Whatever, it's a microcosm of the defense. Soft, a little entitled, not on the same page.

rcaido

Reaction score
I once worked with a friend who once worked with the Seattle Supersonics. He described them as a bunch of punk thugs who didn't give a crap about the team. They just wanted theirs. I'd hate like hell to see this team become that. The LOB would never stand for this. Veteran leadership needs to step up and teach how to act like a pro.
What year was this?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lame is people who contributed not a damn thing to the season yet have the audacity to tell grown men who battled together all season long how to welcome a friend into fatherhood.
"FATHERHOOD"?!! YEAH MAN!!, I gotta tell ya, there hasn't EVER BEEN anything as mind blowing as when my first AND second child were born...At both those occasions, I was in absolute heaven, and NOTHING positive that's happened since will ever come close to matching that feeling.....Only thing that has ever come close to my soul crushing? was when I lost one of my children to CANCER.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And it’s being reported that multiple current players weren’t thrilled by it either. I don’t think it’s a massive deal but it is a bad look. In hindsight they probably should’ve waited a bit to do it
Hell NO, IF there were a chance that they'd never be together in a team setting again?...SMOKE 'EM & to hell with the folks who are set on misconstrueing....Entertain on the Field, but DON'T ALTER YOUR PRIVATE LIVES for the naysayers who don't have your best INTERESTS at heart.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Love had a son, and played his ass off in the game against Tenn, and well against AZ.

He was given some nice cigars by a friend or friends on the team, the team won the game, and they smoked the cigars.

We are trying very hard here to find reasons to be upset with a team that had a winning record but blew their chances to make the playoffs and who played horribly on Defence, and inconsistently on Offence. Were they being intentionally tone deaf? I doubt it, they were celebrating the birth of Love's son.

Sure the optics looked bad but scratching for a reason to be PO'd with the team, and of course indirectly the father of all evil, Pete Carroll, is really stretching things.

i thought it was incredibly stupid of them to be seen doing it, but some folks have incredibly thin skins about winning and losing.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Love had a son, and played his ass off in the game against Tenn, and well against AZ.

He was given some nice cigars by a friend or friends on the team, the team won the game, and they smoked the cigars.

We are trying very hard here to find reasons to be upset with a team that had a winning record but blew their chances to make the playoffs and who played horribly on Defence, and inconsistently on Offence. Were they being intentionally tone deaf? I doubt it, they were celebrating the birth of Love's son.

Sure the optics looked bad but scratching a reason to be PO'd with the team, and of course indirectly the father of all evil Pete Carroll, is really stretching things.

i thought it was incredibly stupid of them to be seen doing it, but some folks have incredibly thin skins about winning and losing.
1000% As well as people seem to want to keep using the ONLY GOOD safety we have as the whipping boy lol. Maybe because Adams was Ir’d who tf knows

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
"FATHERHOOD"?!! YEAH MAN!!, I gotta tell ya, there hasn't EVER BEEN anything as mind blowing as when my first AND second child were born...At both those occasions, I was in absolute heaven, and NOTHING positive that's happened since will ever come close to matching that feeling.....Only thing that has ever come close to my soul crushing? was when I lost one of my children to CANCER.

My condolences to you

Ozzy

Reaction score

Sure the optics looked bad but scratching a reason to be PO'd with the team, and of course indirectly the father of all evil Pete Carroll, is really stretching things.

This is where I’m at. It was overblown by the media but I’m willing to bet Wagner who hinted at it and others were probably a little irritated by it and they probably should’ve waited as the optics look bad. Just because people were irritated by it doesn’t mean they think it was the worst thing on the planet either. In today’s binary culture it seems like that’s how everything is taken.

They probably got talked to and will learn from it, not a huge deal

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Guy threw a td in the nfccg...he got the right to bitch.
ROLLY-EYES ^^^ Because he said what fit's your frame of mind on what went down?? BULLSHIT!!^^^
Exactly, they could have coordinated a meet up in the hawks locker room and smoked a toast to the baby boy. No one would have said a thing if that had happened.
So hmmm, that would have made >>YOU<< Feel better??????????I mean who gives a SHIT about the guys who were in the moment with Jullian Love??....GET A CLUE Canadian hawk fan, it ain't all about YOU and your perceptions of these Seahawks Brethren.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My condolences to you
Thank you...It makes me appreciate AND TEMPER the >>REALLY IMPORTANT<< letdowns/hardships/& little HAPPYNESS' that life can AND DOES throw at ALL of us.
Take nothing for granted guys, squeeze in as much happy as you can.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
ROLLY-EYES ^^^ Because he said what fit's your frame of mind on what went down?? BULLSHIT!!^^^

So hmmm, that would have made >>YOU<< Feel better??????????I mean who gives a SHIT about the guys who were in the moment with Jullian Love??....GET A CLUE Canadian hawk fan, it ain't all about YOU and your perceptions of these Seahawks Brethren.
Wow, you know it all don’t you. it is called respect and class but I guess you would not know that as you have neither