John Schneider wearing WWE champ belt

mistaowen

Reaction score
Capture8.jpg

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet..... AWESOME. I wish I was in NYC to party with them afterwards.

godawg

Reaction score
When do they give the award for executive of the year? There should be no doubt. Oh yeah, The Chiefs won that. Guess settling for the Lombardi provides a little consolation.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":12ok9qft said:
Capture8.jpg

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet..... AWESOME. I wish I was in NYC to party with them afterwards.

That was before the game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkMeat":2w7reu4n said:
He is a champ. Need to give John and Pete contract extensions

John already got one, actually. It was very under the radar, but he is locked up for a few more years.

Pete needs one, though.

amill87

Reaction score
godawg":gmxt78b2 said:
When do they give the award for executive of the year? There should be no doubt. Oh yeah, The Chiefs won that. Guess settling for the Lombardi provides a little consolation.

Executive of the year is kinda of a joke IMO. It's not about which GM is that best that year, it's which GM started with a bad team and got them to at least mediocre to slightly good. It's like on draft day when they grade everyone's draft the same day, the teams with high draft picks generally get really good grades.

I think John prefers this.

BTW- how awesome is it that not only is our team that close, but the GM gets in there with his shirt off and wears a championship belt?

HawkGA

Reaction score
godawg":953g9dml said:

I wonder if it is common for the team with the best record in the NFL and Super Bowl Champions to be shutout of any post season awards. No MVP, no Offensive Player of the Year, no Defensive Player of the Year, no Coach of the Year, and no Executive of the Year. Heck, the 9ers had more people voted to the Pro Bowl. Really is amazing.

amill87

Reaction score
HawkGA":12rdw6i8 said:
godawg":12rdw6i8 said:

I wonder if it is common for the team with the best record in the NFL and Super Bowl Champions to be shutout of any post season awards. No MVP, no Offensive Player of the Year, no Defensive Player of the Year, no Coach of the Year, and no Executive of the Year. Heck, the 9ers had more people voted to the Pro Bowl. Really is amazing.

Everyone gets a trophy? Manning won MVP though and had a chance (ha) at a super bowl ring.

I've officially given up on caring about any of those awards. I've come to realize they are not about who the best is, it is who stands out the most. The Colts GM winning executive of the year last year. Does anyone think the Colts GM is the best in the league with that garbage roster he has outside of Luck and Hilton?

RiverHawk

Reaction score
John Schneider says "Well you know Mean Gene, get on my back and I will swim the English Channel, brother!" No wait, I think that was Hulk Hogan that said that one. However, I did think that it was bush league when you have the owner, coach, qb, mvp hoist the Lombardi on stage with a brief speech and not give him a chance to say something. I thought it must have been awkward for him.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
godawg":1uiymuym said:

That was awarded to John Dorsey of the KC Chiefs this year. Schneider and Carroll have been overlooked for Exec and Coach of the Year for 3 years in a row now IMHO.

getnasty

Reaction score
This kind of thing is why people want to play in Seattle