John Schneider provides Injury Updates 3/26/24

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The big question of course, is whether Lucas can last a whole season. My guess is, no. I don't think he ever will. Parts of a season each year yeah, but not a entire season without sitting out a game or a few.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I'm hopeful with Lucas. They saw his issue last year and went after it in the off-season as soon as they could. Do we know what kind of injury to knee he has?

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet he might have had some meniscus tears or something. Basically, needed a good clean out and time to heal. It hit him last year in training camp. I'm betting he'll be good as new this year. :)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
He's a hell of a player, but we def. can't just ignore the fact that it looks like Lucas has a chronic knee issue. They will plan accordingly, imo.
According to a story I read this is something that has been dogging him since his time in the Palouse. So we're all praying this corrects the problem once and for all. If it does that could mean we might finally see the highly talented player we all hoped and knew he could be.

That said, JS needs to have a draft plan if it doesn't pan out, as you said. Preferably someone flexible enough to play multiple spots on the line, in case Lucas can make it back in a big way, so we can plug them in somewhere else in need.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Getting Abe and Uchenna back in time for the start of the year is huge. It makes the team stronger going into this year than it was coming out of last year. Those two are roster impact returns.

I just hope Jerrick is patient with his rehab and doesn't have a set back from rushing his return. He made a big 1st year impression prior to his injury. He could give them an in season boost.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
He's a hell of a player, but we def. can't just ignore the fact that it looks like Lucas has a chronic knee issue. They will plan accordingly, imo.
Seems to be they already have with Fant. I’m sure an o line or two in the draft.

I’m pulling for Abe though. Would be rad to see him rehab back and kick total ass

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. He's a hell of a player. And we need him. Fingers, Legs and everything else crossed (no pun intended)