Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

SonicHawk

Reaction score
My source told me that Finley is one hit away from being dead on the field so the Seahawks are just trying to write up a contract that limits their liability.

I hope he retires. Love his skills, hate his health.

Penman96

Reaction score
SonicHawk":q1v6gb42 said:
My source told me that Finley is one hit away from being dead on the field so the Seahawks are just trying to write up a contract that limits their liability.

I hope he retires. Love his skills, hate his health.

So is any player I suppose.

However if he's really that fragile (like where normal contact could hurt him), he will not get medical clearance to play

Seaswab

Reaction score
he hasnt been reported to visit anywhere else yet, so there's that.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Clayton thinks the Hawks don't want to offer him a contract because they would prefer Miller.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet·3 mins
Jermichael Finley is leaving Seattle today & there is mutual interest in him signing with #Seahawks, per source. Waiting for clearance tho

Ozzy

Reaction score
Can't understand why anyone would be against this signing. It has almost no risk and a high ceiling for reward. The guy was a top 5 threat at the position when healthy and add an element that this offense hasn't had before, a TE who can stretch the field. If he doesn't pan out whats lost? He is a difference maker, red zone target and a match up nightmare for teams. I don't get it. Literally zero risk in this.

Would I bet on him staying healthy and having a big impact? Probably not but thats not the point. I hope we give him a shot

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Xarbx425":3hab4jdz said:
Jermichael Finley is leaving Seattle today & there is mutual interest in him signing with #Seahawks, per source. Waiting for clearance tho

Clayton said he passed his physical so what is the clearance?

Xarbx425

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1pqe0csn said:
Xarbx425":1pqe0csn said:

I know he passed Greenbay's - maybe Seattle is waiting to run their own?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If PC and JS think he's worth it, good enough for me. I'll leave it to the guys who know exactly what they are doing. Should be interesting.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Xarbx425":8waj094t said:
seahawk12thman":8waj094t said:
Xarbx425":8waj094t said:

I thought Clayton said he passed it here in Seattle; he sounded very pessimistic that Seattle would offer him a contract.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":18g6iz03 said:
Xarbx425":18g6iz03 said:

He's not cleared for full contact yet. Passing a physical is only half of it.

G-Money

Reaction score
I've seen nothing published that Finely has been "cleared"..........everything I've read (up to today) says he has NOT been cleared yet.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks will be free agent Jermichael Finley's first visit.

Finley has still not been medically cleared but seems likely to play in 2014. Turning 27 later this month, Finley is at the top of a weak tight end market, but is unlikely to receive anything more than one-year offers due to his health concerns. Still, his unique athleticism as a pass-catcher gives him special upside. Mar 11 - 5:08 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seahawks will put free agent Jermichael Finley (neck surgery) through a vigorous physical Wednesday.

Finley isn't just going to be chatting with coaches and living off his old game tape. The Seahawks are going to want to see if his neck is healed and what the risks will be in signing him. It will be a telling physical as if Finley is truly 100 percent, he'd immediately become one of the hotter free agents still available. There aren't many tight ends with his skill set. Mar 11 - 8:00 PM

Seaswab

Reaction score
Clayton also claimed Miller was definitely getting cut over a week ago.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2ty2g20w said:
Xarbx425":2ty2g20w said:
seahawk12thman":2ty2g20w said:
Xarbx425":2ty2g20w said:

I thought Clayton said he passed it here in Seattle; he sounded very pessimistic that Seattle would offer him a contract.

Then Pete and John must have slept on it, personally I love Clayton but hes not always right. Jermaine Kearse says Finleys a Seahawk yesterday, havent heard anything today however.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Seaswab":1q6f4kz7 said:
where did Kearse say that?

Truth be known I have a friend that went to UW with Jermaine and theyre still friends and I was forwarded a text. I dont understand why this is so unbelievable. Football players know civilians lol.. My family went to church with Mark Bruener, remember him, the blocking tight end of the Steelers in the 90s who Im still friends with to this day.

Talk about inferiority complexes.

Cant wait for Finley to sign or not just to drop the subject.

Seaswab

Reaction score
BlueBlood":20ev3jno said:
Seaswab":20ev3jno said:
where did Kearse say that?

Truth be known I have a friend that went to UW with Jermaine and theyre still friends and I was forwarded a text. I dont understand why this is so unbelievable. Football players know civilians lol.. My family went to church with Mark Bruener, remember him, the blocking tight end of the Steelers in the 90s who Im still friends with to this day.

Talk about inferiority complexes.

Cant wait for Finley to sign or not just to drop the subject.

Its all good, I believe you. There's a suspicion of people with "sources" on this board due to past bad info.