Jason Myers

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think he's good. He chokes. Wish they'd spend one of those 5th rounders on a kicker next year instead of some guard that can't block

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think he's good. He chokes. Wish they'd spend one of those 5th rounders on a kicker next year instead of some guard that can't block
Which guard was that? Lewis had a stellar game.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The missed FG was on the Coach, he should have allowed them to kick without his distracting actions on the sidelines. The holder can SEE the play clock, and call for the ball at any time they are set. They were set, and Pete distracted them.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Myers has the 3rd most made fg with 4 of his 6 misses over 50.

He is100% on pat

The Dallas kicker has 1 more made fg and has only attempted 6 kicks 40+ compared to 18 attempts 40+ for Meyers

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Dozens of kickers better than he. He's grossly overpaid. Missing a 42 yard FG indoors. I hope they leave him behind in Dallas.
Dozens? Really?!! There are 32 teams in the NFL. If there are truly dozens of kickers better than Myers then why do some teams have trouble finding them?

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
“It’s not the kicker’s fault, FIRE PETE NOW!!!”

I was ripped on .NET for stating the obvious by saying the reason we actually lost against the Rams was because Meyers missed the field goal…

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
“It’s not the kicker’s fault, FIRE PETE NOW!!!”

I was ripped on .NET for stating the obvious by saying the reason we actually lost against the Rams was because Meyers missed the field goal…
Missing a 55 yard FG outside (open air stadium) is different than missing one 42 yards indoors. Different circumstances but the same result though.

Edit: AT&T stadium has a retractable roof like Sofi stadium so both games may have been indoors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dozens? Really?!! There are 32 teams in the NFL. If there are truly dozens of kickers better than Myers then why do some teams have trouble finding them?
Yeah, dozens. https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/field-goals/2023/REG/all/kickingfgpct/desc

I made no mention of their availability. However, there are some better than him still available - Robbie Gould and Ryan Succop to name a couple of them.

Jason Myers is paid as a top 5 kicker. He is underperforming relative to what he is paid to do.

Last edited:

Latest posts