Jason Myers.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Considering the margin, and the fact that the Vikings kicker missed an extra point, I just want to recognize Jason Myers performance last night. He made all 7 of his kicks, and even better, he hasn't missed since the Bucs game. With the recent kicking struggles of seemingly every kicker in the league not named Justin Tucker, it's nice to see Myers steady out a bit. His kicks still drift towards the goal posts more than I like, but at least they're going between them right now! :irishdrinkers:

Edit- Also, keep in mind, because he hit that last field goal, it allowed us to kick off, which he sqibbed masterfully, and set up the game-ending fumble.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. It seemed that his kicks were a bit more centered the last two games which tells me he is working on his early season struggles.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm really glad that Myers has been a bit more consistent lately, but his kicks were pretty much all chip shots.

I do hope that they help build his confidence, but he needs to start consistently hitting from 45+ for awhile before I can get more comfortable sending him out there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Credit was due to him as he has improved recently. I still cringed when it was time fo him to kick a FG or an XP after the past two seasons of comparative futility from the kicking game it's hard to be optimistic, given his early struggles this season. He does have a strong leg.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":17sp1wqh said:
Considering the margin, and the fact that the Vikings kicker missed an extra point, I just want to recognize Jason Myers performance last night. He made all 7 of his kicks, and even better, he hasn't missed since the Bucs game. With the recent kicking struggles of seemingly every kicker in the league not named Justin Tucker, it's nice to see Myers steady out a bit. His kicks still drift towards the goal posts more than I like, but at least they're going between them right now! :irishdrinkers:

Edit- Also, keep in mind, because he hit that last field goal, it allowed us to kick off, which he sqibbed masterfully, and set up the game-ending fumble.
Good points. We need the missed kicks in the past. He will be needed to win games in the future.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Had this conversation after the game about Myers. He hasn't missed a single kick since that TB game. Considering all the pressure, he's showing a ton of poise. Glad they stuck with him, just like Penny. Sometimes we need to trust Pete and his ability to get the most out of a player and/or motivation.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It is why you stick with people through hard times, and one of the reasons why Pete is awesome.

It is a stark contrast to when Jim Mora publicly threw Olindo Mare under the bus and lost the locker room that he already had a tenuous at best relationship with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point. That whole Mora(n) thing was pathetic. The team flat out sucks, in large part BECAUSE of Mora. But let's blame it all on a kicker.

sutz

Reaction score
Jeez, guys! Shut up! You're gonna jinx him!

:twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
The whole league has struggled almost, worst season of kicking I can remember seeing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This entire team had the yips early in the year. They've all come out of it.