Jackson Jeffcoat waived

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3f8s82d4 said:
Wonder if the Cowboys would take a flier on him since they have been decimated at that spot.

He will probably get a phone call from Dallas.

I think Thomas definitely gets a job quickly.. He played decent..

OP
OP
N

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
You won't see Jeffcoat on the practice squad. If they wanted him on the PS they wouldn't cut him now and have him miss all of this valuable camp/practice time, never mind giving him a chance to latch on someplace else while rosters are still at 75. His time here is done, and he was horrid on the field in the three pre-season games thus far.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":252xveyx said:
You won't see Jeffcoat on the practice squad. If they wanted him on the PS they wouldn't cut him now and have him miss all of this value able camp/practice time, never mind giving him a chance to latch on someplace else while rosters are still at 75. His time here is done, and he was horrid on the field in the three pre-season games thus far.

I disagree. If you already know that you want him for the practice squad, why waste a roster spot and let the somebody who is on the bubble take his place..

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Gone-zo.

I never saw anything that remotely suggested that he would be a Seahawk this year.

McGruff

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3sewyhw4 said:
A lot of people were high on Jeffcoat. That's a disappointment.

Jeffcoat was a productive college player with intriguing athletic ability, but he didn't pass the eye test at all. He was soft muscled and even softer on the field.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
All the Jeffcoat tape from the preseason game shows him being too slow to be an LB. We've got a dearth of LB talent and Jeffcoat isn't worth a PS spot at this point. He's best suited to be a Leo imo and he's behind Avril, OBS, Mayowa, Irvin... etc. Need more time to evaluate other positions. Hope for the best for the kid. Great pedigree. I think the Dallas musings above might have some merit. We'll see.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I hope Jeffcoat clears waivers and spends the next several months getting bigger and stronger to play that LEO position in case they lose Avril or Schofield after this season. He'll never be an adequate SLB, but his pass rushing ability is intriguing.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1u3x5wz3 said:
A lot of people were high on Jeffcoat. That's a disappointment.

He just wasn't good in run coverage. He just wasn't. I was high on him, but he underwhelmed by a lot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Neither showed much at all, thought Jeffcoat would look better. Oh well, this is a tough team to make as it is, gotta' take it next level to crack that roster.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The players who get cut after the last preseason game are the ones who usually make the practice squad.

hawknation2014

Reaction score

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1raouavs said:
hawkfan68":1raouavs said:
I looked but no one is reporting the Seahawks cuts at this point. Nothing on Seahawks.com either. What source did the OP get the info from?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381516/article/cuts-tracker-player-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

Originated with USA Today's Tom Pelissero and was re-reported on Fieldgulls.com and some other Seahawk blogs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/503696559243292673[/tweet]

Ok. I was looking in the wrong places... Thanks for the heads up :)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jeffcoat was extremely underwhelming in all the plays I saw him in during preseason. I was surprised; I hoped for at least a little flash here and there. I don't see Seattle being in the picture for him, going forward.