Its all falling apart for Dangerwich...

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm in awe watching this. Of course I want him to fail this year for obvious reasons but wow, it's been so, so bad. I'm 52 years old and have watched sports my whole life. Manning fell off pretty quickly but he had major nerve damage in his neck and physically could not throw the ball any more.

When Seattle won the sb I remember listening to a Pete interview where he stated that there was more work to be done and that they couldn't get "fat and happy". Russ should have taken those words to heart.

StoneCold

Reaction score
He was just telling Russ, "Your sandwich is DYNOMITE!"

acer1240

Reaction score
I don't think Russ is a bad dude in the least. Disingenuous? Clueless? Not able to read the room? Absolutely.

But decent human being, yes.
Yeah he is. I've said it before but he visited my friend in the children's hospital and she still talks about it. Building a brand or selling out for a future in politics has to be considered but he made her happy so I can't hate him. That said, he's doing this to himself. I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten the Geno Smith locker room treatment yet. Those guys have to absolutely hate him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ said In his press conference that his attitude and work ethic were all he could control.

And one of those reporters should have said, “at 3-8, how’s that working for ya?”

toffee

Reaction score
Russ said In his press conference that his attitude and work ethic were all he could control.
What else can he said?

The question I would ask:

"Is the $$$ worthy of the abuses you are receiving from teammates, coaches, media, fans, and worthy of the damage being done to your legacy." followed with

"Why the Seattle system suited you so much better", haha,

"Do you miss the love from Pete, and the 12s?".

QWERTY

Reaction score
Yeah he is. I've said it before but he visited my friend in the children's hospital and she still talks about it. Building a brand or selling out for a future in politics has to be considered but he made her happy so I can't hate him. That said, he's doing this to himself. I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten the Geno Smith locker room treatment yet. Those guys have to absolutely hate him.
It's just a publicity stunt for RW to visit children's hospital.

I'm sure he loves kids, but he keeps posting it on twitter, just like he needs the attention.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hey, Russell is leading the league in an offensive stat! So get off his case already.
The stat Russell leads the league in is an absolutely key stat... 3-and-outs!
Wait, lower numbers are good on that one?
But at least he has the highest percentage of 3-and-outs, higher is better, right? ;)
3 and out of Seattle, leads the league in 3 and outs, and just may end up gifting pick #3

toffee

Reaction score
He looks so broken on the field. Like a totally different guy.
I think most of us would be broken too if we were in Russ' shoes, right?

The season blinded sided him, he truly bought into team3's narrative that he's in the same league as Brady, and he wasn't there only because Pete's antiquated system. He fully expect to excel with a offense minded HC that kowtow to him, such confidence or shall we say arrogance? Injuries to his OL, RB, and WR did have an effect, dropped balls and fumbles too, some might be his fault, some just luck. Amidst all these, couple things for sure:
  1. Wilson simply wasn't as good as he thinks, PeteBall helped instead of hurt his legacy.
  2. Mental strength, he couldn't handle this perfect storm. His performance is getting worse game by game.
If I were Hackett, I would organize a players' meeting, and make sure that at the end of the meeting, ALL players have Russ' back. Wilson needed that lift more so than anything else. He needs to know that he isn't facing the storm alone. Pete knew Russ so well, he made sure that Wilson will never have to face this type of stuff, because Pete knew that Russ will crack under social and media pressure.

As is, Russ lighted a match under his own legacy, it's burning fast and bright. His chance of Hall of Fame is burning as he went from media darling to village idiot in two months.

Seak

Reaction score
Only way the Broncos could get rid of him now would be to trade every player they can. Then trade the draft picks gained for future picks. After a season or two of clearly not trying to win anything maybe Wilson would come back to the table.

olyfan63

Reaction score

The season blinded sided him, he truly bought into team3's narrative that he's in the same league as Brady, and he wasn't there only because Pete's antiquated system. He fully expect to excel with a offense minded HC that kowtow to him, such confidence or shall we say arrogance? Injuries to his OL, RB, and WR did have an effect, dropped balls and fumbles too, some might be his fault, some just luck. Amidst all these, couple things for sure:
  1. Wilson simply wasn't as good as he thinks, PeteBall helped instead of hurt his legacy.
  2. Mental strength, he couldn't handle this perfect storm. His performance is getting worse game by game.
If I were Hackett, I would organize a players' meeting, and make sure that at the end of the meeting, ALL players have Russ' back. Wilson needed that lift more so than anything else. He needs to know that he isn't facing the storm alone. Pete knew Russ so well, he made sure that Wilson will never have to face this type of stuff, because Pete knew that Russ will crack under social and media pressure.

As is, Russ lighted a match under his own legacy, it's burning fast and bright. His chance of Hall of Fame is burning as he went from media darling to village idiot in two months.
Kinda makes me think Pete had the best handle on how to protect Russell, avoid damaging his fragile psyche. Russell seems to be rather fragile. Remember his reaction the fiew times Pete (gently) called him out on poor decisions? Russ staunchly defended his indefensible decisions and suggested he'd do the same (dumb) thing all over again.

Threedee

Reaction score

One thing we'll never know is the exact moment that Pete recognized the need to move on from Wilson. I'm guessing it was more than a year ago, and he simply waited due to their close relationship (the same way we had to suffer through Bevell and Cable beyond 2/2015).

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Another example of how far it's falling. The Ringer Fantasy guys would play a weekly game called "2 tight ends and a lie" to make light of how bad Kyle Pitts's numbers have been, where 1 guy lists 3 TEs who scored more than Pitts and the others had to identify the 2 real players and the fake name.

With Pitts out for the year, today they updated the game...naming tight ends who outscored RW on the weekend.

Rccently during Grey Cup week here in Canada, the Winnipeg starting. QB had injury issues as he got hurt late the week before. When one of his teammate was asked about the QB's health he said "he was doing exercise on the plane that would make Russell Wilson jealous".....yep CFL players are making fun of his schtick now.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I don't think any of his teammates can stand to listen to him talk like that any more. He has no credibility when speaking of "winning culture" and "winning habits" now because all he's doing is losing with historic levels of ineptness.
He has known that--it was in Seattle. Denver, with him, is the opposite.