It will be no cake walk this Sunday

jack_patera

Reaction score
cards will come to play but so will my hawks...they will not let up one iota and will run roughshod over the cards and take care of bidness...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I half expect another shutout this week. Cards are going to have a tough time winning when they can't score. Seriously, a hobbled Carson Palmer against our pass rushers? Fuhgedaboutit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's going to be a really good game. Both teams have something to play for. Arizona can play with the big boys. They may have lost to the Eagles but they crushed the Panthers. So they do have the ability. In the end, the Seahawks will prevail. As they always do at the Clink (Russell Wilson era).

grizbob

Reaction score
Knowing me like I do, I'll be on pins and needles until Tarvaris is under center :0190l:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
People keep saying "Cards have a lot to play for" as if it's just an act of will to stay in a game with the Seahawks at the Clink. That game against the Saints was absolutely VITAL to the Saints' Super Bowl chances, they fully knew that, and they couldn't keep up. It's been the case for a lot of teams this year.

When you're the inferior team, feeling motivated is simply not enough to outplay your opponent. You also have to hope that your superior opponent falters, and/or that a number of breaks fall your way. Is it possible for that to all come together for Arizona? Sure. Is it at all likely? No it isn't.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
No easy games anymore folks, for all intents and purposes... WE ARE IN PLAYOFF MODE NOW!!!

Hawks will win.

We will finish the regular season 14-2!!!

Polaris

Reaction score
There are no 'easy' wins in the NFL, and I am fully confident the Cardinals have the Seahawk's full attention. That said, this Cards team is not really any better than it was in week 7, and with Mathieu out, it's in many ways worse. Sure the Cards have a great winning percentage, but:

1. They've feasted on the cream-puff part of their schedule
2. They've hit opponents that were hard in other parts of the year at exactly the right time when they were the most vulnerable (like the Colts)

Yes the Cards did beat the Panthers, but that was in Arizona, and the Cards play much better in Arizona than on the road (if not to the degree of the Saints). Finally I note that winning or losing in Seattle has relatively little to do with Arizona's playoff chances (Carolina winning or losing matters more).

So I fully expect a dominant win, but I never expect an easy one.

A

Anonymous

In terms of matchups against the Cards, we have them covered. Game-planning will not be a problem.

As long as we don't allow any blocked punts for TD's (or similar freaky plays to occur), we beat them in straight up offense vs. defense, plays-from-scrimmage type football. Special teams play will need to be air-tight.

Seafan

Reaction score
It seems you never see cake walks anymore. I used to love those when I was a kid. Beat the heck out of musical chairs.