Is is just me or...

chris98251

Reaction score
Team is struggling, people are now off the wonder float and starting to question this teams ability to win, we are still winning a majority of games but not the same way.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Game by game it's pretty easy to justify.

Reporters were clearly focused on Earl and Sherman in the two wins. They got blown out for the first time in forever against GB and the TB game was really meh.

2_0_6

Reaction score
With everything that has happened over the past 4 games, what coach even one as positive as Pete wouldn't show just a little frustration?

OP
OP
PlinytheCenter

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, this is no criticism of Pete at all...this season has been the worst since Russ got here so I get it. It's just odd and kind of troubling to see him so bummed out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We currently hold the #2 seed in the NFC, and control our own destiny, while our remaining games are against the 5-8-1 Cardinals and the one-win 49ers. We're division winners, and on track to have essentially the fourth best season in Seahawks history.

And the sky is falling. :229031_shrug:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
PlinytheCenter":1w9fq3xj said:
Not saying the sky is falling at all; that wasn't the point of this thread.

No, Pliny, that wasn't directed at this thread per se, just at the in-general attitude regarding the 'Hawks. There's just a lot of noise this year that there hasn't been in previous years, and we're doing actually pretty decent record-wise.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
According to some here on .net, the Hawks were supposed to "walk" over the rest of their opponents after the beatdown of the Panthers, and then they lost to Tampa Bay and Green Bay, so nothing is a given, even against losing teams like Arizona and SanFran. Any given Sunday, or so they said.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3et21ir2 said:
We currently hold the #2 seed in the NFC, and control our own destiny, while our remaining games are against the 5-8-1 Cardinals and the one-win 49ers. We're division winners, and on track to have essentially the fourth best season in Seahawks history.

And the sky is falling. :229031_shrug:

It's good to be the Patriots West.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Let's throw out the team record for this discussion..cool?

Cool. With that out of the way, there are some CLEAR CUT concerns about several aspects of THIS year's particular 'Hawks team. Top to bottom. I don't feel the need to list even ONE of them.

So, considering Pete's age (yes, I know Pete is alot more youthful than his age suggests), but, there isn't a 65+ year old person that I've ever met/known that shits rainbow colored cupcakes and takes long, relaxing walks with unicorns to watch the sun set every day. I feel like we are finally seeing the "Old Man" PC that's just tired of the ENTIRE TEAM under performing/ not executing in the matter that he KNOW'S they should be with the legitimate weapons he has on the roster.
And is probably just tired of doing the same 'ol "Coach Speak" song & dance week in and week out.

Also, beyond Sherm's antics, *I really believe there is some type of in house negativity that us fans are not privy to that he is just plain tired of.

Add that to the zika-esque injury bug that has undeniably hamstrung our team & I'm sure he just want's to drop F-Bombs to every question asked by the media. Also, who knows, there may just be something he's dealing with in his personal life that we have NO idea about.

Anyhow, yeah, We are **NFCW CHAMPS! :2thumbs:
But only those that only take a peek at the final score of games & our record would TRULY have the "But, look, We're Winning" and that's ALL that matters!" attitude.

Add ALL of that up and it = FRUSTRATION and PROBABLY, to some degree, SELF BLAME.

* PURE speculation.
** Can't be ignored

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2tuafjjf said:

Cool. With that out of the way, there are some CLEAR CUT concerns about several aspects of THIS year's particular 'Hawks team. Top to bottom. I don't feel the need to list even ONE of them.

So, considering Pete's age (yes, I know Pete is alot more youthful than his age suggests), but, there isn't a 65+ year old person that I've ever met/known that shits rainbow colored cupcakes and takes long, relaxing walks with unicorns to watch the sun set every day. I feel like we are finally seeing the "Old Man" PC that's just tired of the ENTIRE TEAM under performing/ not executing in the matter that he KNOW'S they should be with the legitimate weapons he has on the roster.
And is probably just tired of doing the same 'ol "Coach Speak" song & dance week in and week out.

Also, beyond Sherm's antics, *I really believe there is some type of in house negativity that us fans are not privy to that he is just plain tired of.

Add that to the zika-esque injury bug that has undeniably hamstrung our team & I'm sure he just want's to drop F-Bombs to every question asked by the media. Also, who knows, there may just be something he's dealing with in his personal life that we have NO idea about.

But only those that only take a peek at the final score of games & our record would TRULY have the "But, look, We're Winning" and that's ALL that matters!" attitude.

Add ALL of that up and it = FRUSTRATION and PROBABLY, to some degree, SELF BLAME.

* PURE speculation.
** Can't be ignored

Great post. You have tuned into a fundamental split on this board.

Some only look at W-L, others look deeper.

This team is flawed, no question. But, it also has the talent to win it all.

It will be interesting.

hawker84

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1or5w5gu said:
hgwellz12":1or5w5gu said:

* PURE speculation.
** Can't be ignored

Great post. You have tuned into a fundamental split on this board.

Some only look at W-L, others look deeper.

This team is flawed, no question. But, it also has the talent to win it all.

It will be interesting.

Exactly.. Great posts from both of you....

Largent80

Reaction score
In December were all used to this team playing it's best ball and while some of that has happened, the team is not as consistent and I'm quite sure all the coaches are putting in extra time.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Just worried about the inconsistency. On any given day a legit defensive front can render this offense completely ineffective. One clunker like that in the playoffs and it's adios. Makes for uneasy times.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b8v9f44 said:
I'm sure Pete would like to just coach the team and not have to deal w/drama every week.

I think it's the true character of this team, operating on the razor's edge. Unfortunately it means that if conditions aren't perfect, all will not be happy in Mudville. So I think the question for fans is, would we prefer this incarnation with its frequent drama in the media, or the team that the country does not pay any attention to?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They do a great job of keeping the team together, no doubt. Shoot, I enjoy being the team that's hated. That just means they have been good for a long while. In fact, knowing how many people hate the Hawks' success, derishus

chris98251

Reaction score
This team since Pete has been here plays best when they feel disrespected or are being called out, when they get comfortable the level of play seems to start to slide. So drama I guess is good on that level, may not be good for Pete.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Maybe he's upset that Russell isn't playing well and spends all of his off time in LA. Down there hobnobbing with his celebrity wife's friends, instead of focusing on football during the season... I can see where that would upset a coach, even one as laid back as Pete.