Is anyone already making SB plans?

canhawkfan

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":2qrzm9ed said:
I am not planning to go to Arizona, but I am going to plan a trip to Seattle. I actually think it will be a better atmosphere there, and a lot cheaper.

I am hoping to get some good ideas about where to go for a ticketed Super Bowl party. I read that Spitfire was the best place to watch the game last year, but I do not know if it is first come first served, or if you pre-buy tickets.

I went to spitfire before the game Saturday and it was great!
just be forwarned that it is THE boston sports fans bar. If its Seattle New England it will be awesome.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":y1cgupwm said:
Uncle Si":y1cgupwm said:
Uncle Si":y1cgupwm said:
E.Lacy27":y1cgupwm said:
The way you justified it before was ridiculous by acting like hardly beating a good Dallas team makes the Packers not good.

Also, The Packers just ran the pall down the throat of the best run defense in the league. Then just defeated one of the smashmouth teams you just listed. The Packers are not as finesse as you think.

Cam Newton is a turnover machine with an offense that is okay. The Packers and Panthers are not nearly the same level of team, regardless of matchups vs. Seattle.

119 total rush yards is "running the ball down the throat" of another team?

ffs... get a grip kid. dont call people out for exaggerating one thing and do the other yourself.

you were an unfortunate rule away from needing a 2 minute scoring drive to win, at home, with two weeks rest.

Dallas is not the best run defense in the league. Detroit was, who gave up 70 a game and the Packers got about 150. I figured saying best run defense in the league would be a big enough indicator that I was talking about Detroit, considering they were the only best run defense in the league.

Also, as I've said to another poster. Dallas is a good team, something Seahawks fans definitely should know. It's not like beating them in a close game is awful by any means.

you said "just", so you can see some confusion. 152 yards of total rushing is good against that D... "running it down a team's throat" though?

you seem to be hanging on the hyperbole of posts as some sort of indication of a lack of class or respect of knowledge.

people are trying to have some fun as well as talk. its exciting, for both teams.

the game will hinge on whether Green bay can run. if they can, Green bay will score. If they score, Seattle will have to match. I believe the Seahawks superior run offense, balanced passing attack and #1 D is enough to win a game at home.

and Dallas sucks. not because they arent good, but because they are Dallas. surely you understand noone is going to acknowledge that. I would imagine 125% of this board was rooting for the Packers on Sunday just because the Cowboys were a bad matchup for the Seahawks

enjoy it, throw a little back.

Yeah, more than doubling a team's average rushing against is running it down the throat to me. You can disagree if you want.

Teams that suck do not go 12-4, win in Seattle, and have a close game in Green Bay.

really missed the point on the "Dallas sucks" thing didnt you.

amazing how tightly wound our Packer visitors are. oh well...

tell you what. the Packers are good. Happy?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tu4z1f97 said:
How about we keep the NFCCG stuff in the appropriate threads?

Thank You.

plans about attending the super bowl kind of rely on the team winning the NFCCG...

embrace the madness Mizzou.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, same as last year. Party at my house with world class food, drinks, dancing and mayhem, all in the comfort of my living room for about $150.00.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Stop. Now. Focus on going 1-0,not finding ways to look ridiculous if the packers happen pull a win out of their....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwilightError":292swpso said:
Stop. Now. Focus on going 1-0,not finding ways to look ridiculous if the packers happen pull a win out of their....

calm down slappy...

its all in fun

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
TwilightError":1ysivv8q said:
sorry if we are cramping your superstitious ways. what is wrong with "look that those jerks....planning a parade before the game..." its the Internets in case you forgot...no one cares what is on there and nothing we say matters unless you think we have an impact on GB. i am sure they are reading this and they are saying, that jerk YYZhawksfan...let us beat their asses for this....

Hawknballs

Reaction score
What's weird about the Detroit game that people keep bringing up as far as GB's run game is that 100+ of the yards came in the first half. Then Rodgers got hurt. Looks to me like DET was selling out to defend the pass. When Rodgers went out they didn't have too.

Before Rodgers injury:

17 rushes for 110 yards / 6.5 yards per carry

After Rodgers injury:

20 carries 40 yards / 2 yards per carry

StoneCold

Reaction score
Yes I have. I'll be firing up my WSM's and cooking some awesome ribs and chicken just like last year.

Go Hawks!

Attachments

• YummyRibs1 - Copy.jpg
    YummyRibs1 - Copy.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 500

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'll be back in Hawaii, poolside for the game, but if I win the lottery I'll sell the tickets to the highest bidder and add the profits to my butler's meager pension for when he retires....assuming I let him retire, that is.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
A group of us are going to Vegas for Super Bowl Weekend.
We booked seats on the Bowl Bus that drives us from the venetian to the game and back.
There is a one week full refund policy with them.

We're probably not going if we dont win the lottery but, IF WE DO?
It will mean 2 straight years of going to the SB.

I never thought I'd go once in my lifetime.

GO HAWKS and pull my name!

peppersjap

Reaction score
My buddy and I usually do an annual trip so we ended up just going for it and booking the trip. We will fly in Friday afternoon and head back Monday evening. We fully expect to win and be there but if the sky actually falls and we don't make it we figure we have a weekend in Arizona in late January and a whole lot of drinking and of course checking out the Super Bowl festivities (and unfortunately at that point I would become a Packer fan).
I will never get over confident when you have to face a QB like Aaron Rodgers but when I really think about the game all I can think about is our "D" which is playing out of this world right now and the thought that how can they let us lose.......they can't. it seems like just yesterday when Sherman made the tip.........and now we are back! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TwilightError":2ld0wweg said:

The Seahawks are in a world of hurt if posters from this board are playing on Sunday.

OP
OP
Jebediah-Hawkfan

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good hotel chain? Is there any hotel chain I should avoid?

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
Jebediah-Hawkfan":2rv2u1rg said:
I already booked flights out to AZ and eager to buy SB tix. I dont expect any challenge from the Packers at all Sunday. The Panthers were more worthy of a fight than these jokers coming up. As the Panthers had a pretty good D. Rodgers he has one leg and they barley beat the cowboys on the stupid rule of a catch.

Packers beat Carolina by 5 tds

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":156wodio said:
E.Lacy27":156wodio said:
Jebediah-Hawkfan":156wodio said:
I already booked flights out to AZ and eager to buy SB tix. I dont expect any challenge from the Packers at all Sunday. The Panthers were more worthy of a fight than these jokers coming up. As the Panthers had a pretty good D. Rodgers he has one leg and they barley beat the cowboys on the stupid rule of a catch.

A team with a losing record but still made it in and the Packers beat badly this year were a better challenge?

And hardly beating Dallas also means they aren't good? You mean a 12-4 team that also won in Seattle was not a good team?

This post is ridiculous.

It's not really ridiculous at all. Certain teams matchup better with the Seahawks than others. The Panthers have given us fits for the last 3 seasons because they're a very physical team with an imposing front 7.

The Packers are not that type of team. Take it as a slight if you wish, but the more finesse pass happy teams typically don't fare nearly as well as the physical, smashmouth teams do. That's why the 49ers were so imposing until they self destructed this year, the Panthers, the Rams, even the Cowboys with their offensive line.

You guys also caught the Panthers at a different time than Seattle just did.

I will say writing the Packers off as some garbage team is also woefully off.. but teams like the Seahawks are not the ideal matchup for you guys

GB runs the ball better than Carolina-- stats are stats bro

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
119 total rush yards is "running the ball down the throat" of another team?

ffs... get a grip kid. dont call people out for exaggerating one thing and do the other yourself.

you were an unfortunate rule away from needing a 2 minute scoring drive to win, at home, with two weeks rest.[/quote]

We ran the ball for 152 vs Detroit. Please stop making up statistics... thanks