Interesting - from Hawkblogger

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":w36tx3yt said:
You mean like the way you did Hasselbeck?

Yeah I guess hypocritical works better when it serves your agenda.

I only ever argued that we shouldn't re-sign Hasselbeck, so I guess it actually works better to make things up when it serves your agenda.

Twisted

Reaction score
pehawk":3nzsu715 said:
Spin Doctor":3nzsu715 said:
I feel with Wilson his main problem is his stature in this regard. I noticed he has trouble seeing the middle of the field, and a few other areas depending on where he is in the pocket. This is something that can be migated, but only by one thing, and that is pocket presence. I would say 80% of Drew Brees's successs comes from his ability to manipulate the pocket. He is always aware of where the pass rushers, and where his blockers are. He uses this knowledge to not only clear defenders, but read defenses, and if you notice he is always moving around the pocket, but in subtle ways. If Wilson wants to be succesful in the NFL this is the only way he will do it.

Umm, nope. Brees will admit he cant see 50% of what's going on. His receivers know this and run to spots, like spots within a few inches.

exactly, everyone working together, aka team work, breeze also gets plenty of protection and thats something you cant say about Seattle's QB..

give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball..

man, what game are some people watching?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Twisted":2si6fofv said:
give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball.

The receivers definitely aren't making it easy on Wilson right now. Teams are just stacking the box with 8 or 9 defenders and blitzing the hell out of Wilson on passing downs. This all means our receivers HAVE to beat one on one coverage and run good, clean routes. Neither of which they're doing well.

If we start burning teams downfield, then it'll stop the blitzes.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":182iik2p said:
Twisted":182iik2p said:
give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball.

The receivers definitely aren't making it easy on Wilson right now. Teams are just stacking the box with 8 or 9 defenders and blitzing the hell out of Wilson on passing downs. This all means our receivers HAVE to beat one on one coverage and run good, clean routes. Neither of which they're doing well.

If we start burning teams downfield, then it'll stop the blitzes.
What if they are getting open and Wilson just isn't seeing them? These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much? Of course Carroll doesn't help either... I'm not seeing many jump balls thrown which is odd since Edwards, and Rice specialize in those kind of plays. I noticed our short passing game is lacking too -- we're having Wilson take 5-7 step drops (probably because of his size) and the ball isn't getting out fast enough. I want to see more plays where our receivers are in position to make YAC, why aren't we getting the ball to Tate in space? Why aren't we utilizing the shotgun more often -- without 5 receiver empty set. Where is Miller? He is a probowl player.. before he came to the Seahawks he was considered one of the best young TEs in the game. Good players dont just "regress" like Miller has.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3vabzdzv said:
These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much?

Where is this idea coming from? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":cn59wqbs said:
Spin Doctor":cn59wqbs said:
These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much?

Where is this idea coming from? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.
Well, Sidney Rice through 4 games last year had 17 receptions for 264 yards with a 17.1 average and he had 1 TD. Also bear in mind that WHITEHURST was QB for one of these games.

In 4 games this year Rice has 12 receptions for 132 yards with a 11.0 average and one TD.

Doug Baldwin had 88 yards through 2 games (i'm using his first two) for 1 TD with an average of 12.4, this year he has 4 receptions for 23 yards with a 5.8 average and zero TDs.

Golden Tate had 35 yards for a 5.3 average and a TD, this year he has 113 yards for 16.1 yards with 2 TDs. Tate was our 5th receiver on the depth chart at this point.

Zach Miller had 62 yards for 8.5 while this year he has 90 yards for 10.1. I won't comment on how many times he goes out to catch a pass this year vs. last because I don't know.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2whxz8ir said:
MontanaHawk05":2whxz8ir said:
Spin Doctor":2whxz8ir said:

Well, Sidney Rice through 4 games last year had 17 receptions for 264 yards with a 17.1 average and he had 1 TD. Also bear in mind that WHITEHURST was QB for one of these games.

In 4 games this year Rice has 12 receptions for 132 yards with a 11.0 average and one TD.

Doug Baldwin had 88 yards through 2 games (i'm using his first two) for 1 TD with an average of 12.4, this year he has 4 receptions for 23 yards with a 5.8 average and zero TDs.

Golden Tate had 35 yards for a 5.3 average and a TD, this year he has 113 yards for 16.1 yards with 2 TDs. Tate was our 5th receiver on the depth chart at this point.

Zach Miller had 62 yards for 8.5 while this year he has 90 yards for 10.1. I won't comment on how many times he goes out to catch a pass this year vs. last because I don't know.

More of this? First, lets be accurate. Rice missed the first two games last year and had 11 catches in next two. So, after 4 games, he had, not 17, but 11 receptions.
In those 4 games, Tarvaris had 136 attempts to Wilson's 100, and was playing from behind in 3 of those 4 games. Second, TJ and Rice WERE TEAMMATES in Minnesota, I hope they had some continuity together.
Other pertinent stats: TJ had more turnovers after 4 games, almost twice as many sacks, and we were all wondering if we were going to be picking Luck first in the draft.

Results based analysis means nothing unless you consider the process as well.