In MY opinion the ONLY teams which can possibly beat ya'll

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
The offense is still sputtering. I'd say at this point, a team like Houston would give us trouble. A team that is physical with a good defense. Realistically speaking, Carolina was one big play away from taking that game. Our defense rose to the occasion in both wins in a big way. But if we were to get into a game where the opponent could string a couple first downs to keep the field position game honest -- and also have the ability to make a big strike on a couple occasions, then I could see us having some difficulty.

Offensively, we just aren't quite sharp. Wilson missed on a couple different occasions to make touchdowns. That and the fact we are still having far too many penalties means we still have things to work on.

I do see the Houston game as being problematic if we don't tighten up on our offensive efficiency and our penalties. They have a defense that can make it tough to score points on. While I expect we'll get a light test with Jacksonville -- I'm not sure it'll prepare us well for the game in Houston.

They play a lot like we do. They'll be at home. And we're not playing effectively on offense yet. One or two plays is likely all the Texans would need to seize a win from us.

As stated before, we will be the ones to beat ourselves. Thus far, we've tried pretty hard to do just that. Houston is a balanced club who typically start the seasons hot. And this year is no different. It would be hard to get a win playing offense the way we are right now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's odd that you would select a bunch of pass-heavy "high octane" offenses. If anything, those types of teams are the least likely to beat us. You can make a very strong argument that Seattle has the deepest, most physically dominant secondary in the history of the NFL. You will not beat us through the air. Many have tried, and many have failed.

Teams that scare me are ones that can run the ball and have a strong balanced defense. Chicago is on that list. Houston scares me a bit. Denver would be an interesting game, but I think we'd win, they just don't have the run game or defense to shut us down.

New Orleans and Green Bay make me laugh. We'd destroy them. Easily. At home or on the road. It would be fun to watch the Legion of Boom force another 4-5 turnovers though.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2cwzc8kw said:
are (in no particular order)

1-Denver-elite QB/TON of receivers

2-New Orleans -elite QB/TON of recievers

3-New England -Never underestimate Brady and Belichick.

4-Chicago - Because they are my team.

Sooooo....anyone got a beef with that?! :mad: :141847_bnono:

LOL New England? What a joke. They barely beat shitty teams Jets and Bucs. NE is terrible. Did you watch TNF? That was one of the games where I seen Brady suck so bad.

Hawks beat the Bears at Soiler field. What did Chicago do to improve their offense this season?

NO has ton of recievers? Graham/Colston/Moore. I didn't know 3 is TON. DID YOU KNOW THAT MANY TEAMS HAVE TONS OF RECEIVERS?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I was sad to leave Chicago just as they cleaned out the Lovie Smith regime because I think the Bears will be better for it, but until Cutler solves the turnover problem that's plagued him his whole career, they'll never make it to the big game. I know it's fun to call him a gunslinger like Brett Favre, but Favre also won like 4 MVP awards and a Superbowl.

tl;dr I'm not scared of the Bears.

The only team on that list that concerns me at all is Denver. Manning's made it look easy through two weeks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2dsggtp6 said:
Scottemojo":2dsggtp6 said:
CaptainSkybeard":2dsggtp6 said:
There's 31 teams that can beat us.

We are getting cocky. Lets come back down to earth, a little. Expect at least one surprise loss this year, happens to every great team.
Don't be thick. Fans can talk all the shit they want. You have no way, zero, of knowing if the actual players are over confident. And that is all that matters.

I suspect the players are appropriately confident. I think if you asked them this same question most of them would give an answer close to what I said, probably not Sherm but that's why we love him.

I am seeing a lot of these number one rankings go to folks heads a bit, hell its not something we have been used to hearing for a long time so I get it.

I'm with Pete On this one, telling Brock and Danny to "settle down" that it's only game two of a long season.

I just feel like its a little early to crown ourselves. Not week 2.

where's the fun in any of what you just typed? if fans arent being self loathing whiners they are being obnoxiously over confident and grandiose. its part of the internet.

come on man.

lukerguy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2gq0ase4 said:
At home, none of the above.

On a neutral field, Denver will be pretty tough. Although if you jam Peyton's receivers and throw the timing off he hasn't always been great. And we certainly have the CBs to do that.

Couple that with a cold site for the Superbowl...Manning has never played well in rain/snow. Our style would fit a rainy/wet superbowl vs the Broncos a heck of a lot better.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
After watching the SNF game, this Seahawks team is everything and more that has been said about them. Not just because they trounced the 49ers in the 2nd consecutive matchup of the two teams. (By the way... if the Hawks would have kicked a Field Goal on 4th and 2 at the 2 minute warning... does everyone realize the score would have surpassed the previous game point differential? 29-28. For such slow developing game... they still put the beat down on Niners. Yeah, that last TD in December was garbage time, though. Anyway...) Sarlacc83 pointed out this mistake. I was thinking 41-13. For my punishment for lapsing on such an important, historic team score... I will post 42-13, 29-3 everyday until the Seahawks @ 49ers game. ;) Anyway, the gist of my point remains. The 2nd slow developing game was just as much of a trouncing as the previous game.

I'm usually very cautious with so much optimism, but the Seahawks gave me something Sunday night that I didn't quite have before... a belief that this team may actually be even better as a complete team than we can even wrap our minds around. The Seahawks really are the team to beat this season. (I think the OP is rightly suggesting that by the title.) For anyone to still be saying otherwise is simply madness at this point. It's their year. I'm not trying to sound like a homer and there's no need to say, "Well, it's early." Yeah, it's early. But, it's even more optimistic that they're playing this well so early while missing some great players they're going to get back and add to equation. Usually when someone wants to point out that "it's early" is that there is a surprise team doing something unexpected. Not the case with this team.

I realize it was home field advantage, but man... this team really showed a lot on the field - in both games thus far (regardless of the scores.) The Defense is simply outstanding and (we all know) they expect to get Chris Clemons back as well as Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner. The fans don't play the game on the field. The Offense has some new pieces, but with the leadership of RW... they are already fitting in well and should get more comfortable in the offense that will continue to improve... and add Percy Harvin at some point.

Another thing that occurred to me is that Russell Wilson is a great Football Player. (I know, not trying to be Captain obvious. Hold on, hear me out.) He's not simply a great athlete playing the sport (which I would tend to respectfully put the other QB we saw get shut down on SNF more in that category. He can play and not knocking him, but he just doesn't possess many of the qualities that sets RW apart as an elite QB. Anyway...) The comparisons to current and former NFL greats are legit. Seeing him take hits from the likes of Ahmad Brooks and get up so fast (even was grabbing Brooks to even help him up as both players were rolling over each other on that tackle, quickly pat Brooks on the back and quickly got back out onto the field)... shows me this is no typical QB that can't take hits. The talk of RW not being able to take hits - esp due to his size - are rubbish. He not only understands the game, but understands what it takes to play the game and has a combination of qualities that perhaps hasn't ever been seen. He has a bit of that RB toughness in him, too. Definitely don't want to see him taking a bunch of hits because I agree the less the better and gives every player (regardless of position) a better shot at a longer career. But, man... Russell Wilson has more to his game than some might think because of typical logic like that (ie: RW is a QB + QB's can't take hits... therefore, RW can't take hits.) He defies logic in that regard.

I would be remiss to not include that Marshawn Lynch probably doesn't get enough credit. He is most definitely a needed and welcomed key component to a championship team.

Yeah, I'm talking up my team... but, they deserve it because of play on the field and not b/c of lofty predictions. I don't think I fully comprehend how good this team is. They proved that to me by shutting down players like Boldin, Kaep, Davis, Gore with that line, etc. - and moving the ball effectively on a team with a highly praised defense. The Seahawks are unspeakably impressive... built to win in all phases of the game - Defense, Offense, Special Teams, Coaching, Management, Home Field Advantage, etc. It's not just one aspect. It's an insult to this team to suggest that the only reason they beat the 49ers is due to the 12th man. It's not even the primary factor. That and the business about the hypothetical "neutral field" matchup with that team - which will never happen making it very convenient for some to suggest that this Hawks team couldn't take care of business in such a situation. Rubbish. And that's not taking anything away from the importance of the 12th man as Pete Carroll knows and even said after last years' playoff loss. Just saying fans can't will a bad team to a victory over a good team. That sort of thing. Every team has the same opportunity to have that home field advantage. This team just is in such a better position to take full advantage of the home field. Still, the game has to be played. The league doesn't simply put add a number in the win column when the schedule says Centurylink Field.

Are they beatable? Yup, it's a game with a ball that can bounce in unexpected ways. But, that would be just it... unexpected with this team. The road challenges are just that... a challenge for various reasons (and perhaps extra challenging in some ways.) But, thank you JS/PC for building a team that will be able to tackle all that which will be a challenge season after season for this team with greater travel considerations, etc.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":lvvs57jd said:
All 30 teams (no Jaguars), any given Sunday.

Nope. I wish we played the NFC LEast this year, because we would go 4-0.

The teams that could beat us, IMO:

Rams, Cardinals. - Throw out the record when it comes to divisions. No the 49ers are not on that list. We are in their heads.

Saints (in NO.) - They don't travel well, but I'd hate to play them in the Superdome. Atlanta would be on the list if they had a healthy Roddy White, but they don't.

Denver - Regular season only. Manning chokes hard in big games. They're the only AFC team that would have a chance against us, IMO.

That's it, right now, and only barely. I agree with kearly that if Seattle plays to its potential, it's killing time for everyone.

TeamoftheCentury":lvvs57jd said:
By the way... if the Hawks would have kicked a Field Goal on 4th and 2 at the 2 minute warning... does everyone realize the score would have surpassed the previous game point differential? 29-28.

42 - 13 = 29. It would have matched it.

Jayburd14":lvvs57jd said:
This week we are going to find out if we can handle the hype.

You mean the 29th, right? Because Jacksonville on the road isn't testing the Hawks.

Perfundle

Reaction score
HansGruber":aj95vvst said:
It's odd that you would select a bunch of pass-heavy "high octane" offenses. If anything, those types of teams are the least likely to beat us. You can make a very strong argument that Seattle has the deepest, most physically dominant secondary in the history of the NFL. You will not beat us through the air. Many have tried, and many have failed.

New Orleans and Green Bay make me laugh. We'd destroy them. Easily. At home or on the road. It would be fun to watch the Legion of Boom force another 4-5 turnovers though.
You mean like when New England and Green Bay were destroyed in Seattle last year? Have you watched them play? They don't need to test the secondary. They throw quick short passes to running backs and tight ends, which happens to be Seattle's weakness. Many teams don't have the patience to keep it up for an entire game, but these teams do. The best passing offenses don't air it out deep really that much, and they certainly wouldn't against Seattle.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sarlacc83 wrote:
42 - 13 = 29. It would have matched it.

TeamoftheCentury":34oo2xfn said:
By the way... if the Hawks would have kicked a Field Goal on 4th and 2 at the 2 minute warning... does everyone realize the score would have surpassed the previous game point differential? 29-28.

Yeah, my mistake. I was thinking 41-13 for some reason. Hey, at least S.F. fans (and even some Seahawks fans for some reason) can't accuse me of saying 42-13! Loved that thread where everyone was saying "42-13" after the poster took issue with it. Perhaps I should have chimed in so I wouldn't have made this mistake. I'm slipping. Make sure you keep me sharp! Anyway, thanks for the correction. Still, the gist of my point remains: The Seahawks trounced the 49ers in 2 consecutive meetings of the two teams. This recent game may not have seemed like the point differential made it so (which was also more the point being made.) The previous meeting was perhaps in more dramatic, early, and thrilling fashion. This meeting was like a controlled, slow, execution. I would have hoped that the 2 strung together would put to bed at least some of the uppity attitude of 49ers, their fans, and the media that desires to fuel that garbage. But, that seems to still be alive and well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete will have this team ready to play EVERY game... book it.

We may lay an egg a Sunday or two... but at this time, I don't see it.

If, and that's a HUGE if, the Hawks are undefeated going into their bye week, then the last hurdle is the Giants in NY regardless of their record at the time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Carmon1274":cqfpn4xo said:
BuddyRyans46":cqfpn4xo said:
are (in no particular order)

1-Denver-elite QB/TON of receivers

2-New Orleans -elite QB/TON of recievers

3-New England -Never underestimate Brady and Belichick.

4-Chicago - Because they are my team.

Sooooo....anyone got a beef with that?! :mad: :141847_bnono:

LOL New England? What a joke. They barely beat shitty teams Jets and Bucs. NE is terrible. Did you watch TNF? That was one of the games where I seen Brady suck so bad.

Hawks beat the Bears at Soiler field. What did Chicago do to improve their offense this season?

Do you forget how close the Bears game was? To say they couldn't beat us is just ignorant.

And NE took us to the brink as well. TNF is not a good judgement for teams. The short week messes up a bunch of teams. When was the last time a team looked good on TNF?

NINEster

Reaction score
Gotta say as a Niner fan I'm liking this overconfidence by the Seahawk fans, and would be nice if it rubbed down into their players too. On the flipside it makes the worst Niner fans thinking SF would stomp SEA and now they think their own team is terrible.

I'll acknowledge an excellent performance by the Seahawks the other night but concede the win a lot more on being outcoached than an insurmountable talent gap. The current Seahawks may be unbeatable at home, but still don't think they are 25+ points better at home against the 49ers, even if that's the result of the last two games.

When the Seahawks win at Candlestick Park and/or take the NFC West, it will be cause for real concern for this year's postseason. And of course there's the potential playoff meeting between these two. Another thing is seeing the Seahawks actually have a good enough road record to clinch the west....8-0 at home didn't get it done last year, and its possible they only go 7-1 at home this season.

Centurylink done for the regular season for SF, way better now than December 23/24 two years in a row. They have all season to get the offense in sync. Their 2011 and 2012 offenses didn't evolve fully until late in the year.

I'm more concerned about the 49er personnel and strategy more than what other teams are doing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NINEster":18sqr04o said:
Gotta say as a Niner fan I'm liking this overconfidence by the Seahawk fans, and would be nice if it rubbed down into their players too. On the flipside it makes the worst Niner fans thinking SF would stomp SEA and now they think their own team is terrible.

I'll acknowledge an excellent performance by the Seahawks the other night but concede the win a lot more on being outcoached than an insurmountable talent gap. The current Seahawks may be unbeatable at home, but still don't think they are 25+ points better at home against the 49ers, even if that's the result of the last two games.

When the Seahawks win at Candlestick Park and/or take the NFC West, it will be cause for real concern for this year's postseason. And of course there's the potential playoff meeting between these two. Another thing is seeing the Seahawks actually have a good enough road record to clinch the west....8-0 at home didn't get it done last year, and its possible they only go 7-1 at home this season.

Centurylink done for the regular season for SF, way better now than December 23/24 two years in a row. They have all season to get the offense in sync. Their 2011 and 2012 offenses didn't evolve fully until late in the year.

I'm more concerned about the 49er personnel and strategy more than what other teams are doing.

Keep on believin'. It won't matter if it's home or away, Seattle will make Kaepernick look like Mark Sanchez.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Denver on a neutral field could give the team a run, along with the other high octane passing teams. At least until I see more of how the DL rotation will improve the pass rush. Sunday was a good showing for Avril and the gang. Denver was pretty competitive here in the pre-season sans the turnovers. Manning will get his.

The Saints game this year will be a game to keep an eye on and the Texans in Houston. BuddyRyan is a master manipulator. Even saw him post a "we" thread referring to the Seahawks. It's all good fun though. If he wants to test my football knowledge he has to tell me the Bears defensive lineman that former ND coach/turned CBS local sports announcer Leahy hated with a passion. Jack Concannon and Dick Gordon were my early intro to Bears football, along with the usual big names.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":224eyuzh said:
NINEster":224eyuzh said:

Keep on believin'. It won't matter if it's home or away, Seattle will make Kaepernick look like Mark Sanchez.

Jesus H Christmas. It hasn't even been 2 whole days since they got a savage beatdown and they're back here talking all that nonsense... Get a grip man!