Imagine watching this

Stud

Reaction score
and thinking RW was the issue .....

I've been saynig that. I'm a 49ers fan and I'm baffled at the resentment this board has for Wilson. You guys would've missed the playoffs a lot without him. He was literally setting records for Seattle. Mind boggling.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone who complained about Russell will soon understand what it is like not to have a franchise QB.

rcaido

Reaction score
I've been saynig that. I'm a 49ers fan and I'm baffled at the resentment this board has for Wilson. You guys would've missed the playoffs a lot without him. He was literally setting records for Seattle. Mind boggling.
The narrative now is that Wilson wanted out no matter what. Wilson haters are a joke and will be back peddling the whole season.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So far the issue with this team is the defense.

And I'm old enough to know better than to blame defensive issues on the offense.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Yeah but...this conversation is silly.
Wilson wanted out.
I was broken and never going to be fixed.
At some point we'll be able to move on.
Guess it's too soon.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Yeah but...this conversation is silly.
Wilson wanted out.
I was broken and never going to be fixed.
At some point we'll be able to move on.
Guess it's too soon.
Yes he wanted out. He was done playing for a horrific offense. If we were keeping PC then RW needed to go. Waste of money having an all-star QB in a HS offense

Smellyman

Reaction score
Imagine watching the first preseason game, in the first qtr no less, and making any assumptions

HawkFreak

Reaction score
True, small sample size, but its 100% not good. 14-0 first quarter, and we haven't even sniffed midfield.
Slow start.
Aren't we used to this even when RW was perfectly QB-ing the team.
Get ready for comeback.
We'll win it in the 4th.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The thing about preseason football is usually the first game is just a bunch of not really Seahawks.
We are playing guys we are probably going to play all year. Even the stuff that works makes me nervous.
Geno threw a few passes to the TE in plenty of traffic. Not sure the gain of 4 is worth the risk of the INT. But whatever.

So far, we look like the old Browns/Dolphins/Bucs whatever.

The Lions look like they have a lot better future than us right now. (Which is probably fair. The Detroit fans deserve some wins)

We look perilously like one of the pushovers in the NFL.

This is game 1. But usually you see a few flashes of stuff you are going to be excited about this coming season. Maybe Homer got better. I suspect Homer is just beating a rough Steeler defense, because they had an iffy defense recently. Which makes the struggles of Geno and the rest a bit more of a concern.

Yeah I know. We need to lose to get a good QB. It will still be hard to reconcile. Going to take a while to get used to being OK with that. Not sure I can, but know it is likely for the best.