I'm really starting to believe Pete is no longer the right H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
For this team. I have loved some of the things he has done for this team and will never forget the SB win. I just worry that he is holding us back. There are so many things that happen even in games we win where I feel like he is just playing a game that no longer suits today's NFL. It makes me worried that we resigned him as I believe this roster right now has the talent to win a super bowl this year or over the next few years. I dont want to see us lose this opportunity. I 100% think he decided to play a reserved game plan today instead of playing to this teams strengths, I really believe he gets stuck trying to coach a team he no longer has and makes his decisions like he still have that 2013 team.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I come to that conclusion myself. We are stuck with this for 5 more years.

Elemas

Reaction score
Wasn't sure I'd ever agree...even a few months ago.

But, I agree. Sans a 180, the staff is really stinking it up.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Totally agree with this. Can’t believe he’s here for five more.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
I know I'm just a fan, and this would probably never happen. That being said, I would be very happy with Pete continuing to run this defense and being hands off and handing control of the O mostly over to Russ. If we did that and Pete appointed someone else to handle clock management & making calls like if we go for it on 4th down over to someone else I think we would be in great shape. That way we could keep him as head coach. I just honestly think Russ can run this O extremely well if Pete will get out of his way. The other huge flaw in Petes game at this point in his career is his decision making on clock management, taking field goals vs. Punts....things like this. I believe he is still a great defense coach and what he is doing there is still good enough to make a deep run. This year I was wondering if he had lost that earlier in the year, but I really credit that to Ken Norton and not so much Pete. Maybe Pete would step down and be our DC haha. Hey I can dream right?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
8-4 division and 1 seed still on the table. You can put the stones down. Would you like Pete to play RT instead of the guy they had to grab of the street. They had a bad game, we all noticed every deficiency. But at the end of the game the ball was in the hands of Russell Wilson with a chance to win and all you want is to run Pete out of town. The Giants are a professional team fighting for a division just like Seattle. Yes their O is weak but their D is respectable. I hate when they lose..probably dropped more f bombs than most homes but damn have some perspective, winning is hard and the playoffs will be a bloodbath in both Conferences . Only true Winners will emerge...we have one of those

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Hawkfandrew":3tcqyi96 said:
I know I'm just a fan, and this would probably never happen. That being said, I would be very happy with Pete continuing to run this defense and being hands off and handing control of the O mostly over to Russ. If we did that and Pete appointed someone else to handle clock management & making calls like if we go for it on 4th down over to someone else I think we would be in great shape. That way we could keep him as head coach. I just honestly think Russ can run this O extremely well if Pete will get out of his way. The other huge flaw in Petes game at this point in his career is his decision making on clock management, taking field goals vs. Punts....things like this. I believe he is still a great defense coach and what he is doing there is still good enough to make a deep run. This year I was wondering if he had lost that earlier in the year, but I really credit that to Ken Norton and not so much Pete. Maybe Pete would step down and be our DC haha. Hey I can dream right?

They had 1:48 and 2 TO at the end of the game. How is that mismanagement?

groundchucklives

Reaction score
When you win a Super Bowl for a org that has NEVER even sniffed one before, you get a long leash and the fans who were horny as hell for a Super Bowl will forever regard u as the greatest coach ever. That is why PC is here for as long as he wants to me. With that having been said, he has always been an overrated HC with obvious limitations. He has never been in the same class with the elite coaches in the league. He is damn lucky that idiot Krapernick chose not to throw the ball to a wide open Frank Gore in the flat for an easy TD and win in the NFC title game, and that he got to go up against Peyton Choke Artist Manning in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2qyp7pgl said:
Hawkfandrew":2qyp7pgl said:

Sure, but then he called a time out for no reason when the offense was moving the ball well and the Giants D had no answers. That killed the momentum right there, we should have stuck with the hurry up. There was zero reason to call that time out.....thats bad game management once again by Pete. This was just one game though, it has been a constant problem for him for a while now.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Hawkfandrew":2rpvl5el said:
Flyingsquad23":2rpvl5el said:
Hawkfandrew":2rpvl5el said:

Sure, but then he called a time out for no reason when the offense was moving the ball well and the Giants D had no answers. That killed the momentum right there, we should have stuck with the hurry up. There was zero reason to call that time out.....thats bad game management once again by Pete. This was just one game though, it has been a constant problem for him for a while now.

I must of missed the explanation on TV for that one. Can you break down what occurred during that sequence that caused that terrible t.o.?

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Last drive of the game we are moving the ball really well there is about 1:10ish left on the game clock and we are almost to midfield. Why would you call a time out there instead of staying in hurry up and not allowing the Giants D to catch a breather? That is in my mind a questionable decision, I just don't understand. We didn't need to take a timeout and it stole all the momentum he had built from the previous 4 plays. Then the entire offense stalled after that and looked like crap. I watch alot of football. All I'm saying is I understand why alot of coaches make certain decisions in situations. There is alot of stuff that is just kinda par for the course in a certain part of the game with this much time left on this part of the field ect. Pete always seems to make decisions that leave me confused, like he thinks he is smarter than everyone else in the league. I just can't figure it out. There are stats for those types of things that tell you what is most effective in a certain situation. Im simply saying I think he makes alot of the wrong calls as our head coach and instead of making our guys job easier he makes it harder. You don't have to agree with me, but thats my opinion. I would rather roll the dice with a new HC at this point.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The problem with questioning the t.o. is we don’t know what the problem was. Unless you were in the huddle or on the sidelines how would you know why the t.o. was called? I agree that he does waste some but so does every single coach in the league, today though... the game didn’t hinge on that t.o.

mrblitz

Reaction score
for awhile now, i've been thinking that pete took the league by surprise in the earlier years. 2012-2014 seasons he could have had a 3-pete if things had gone a bit differently. after the 2015 super bowl (2014 season), even though the great defense lingered for awhile longer, it seemed like the league had caught up with pete.

i agree that pete assembles powerful overall rosters, but on a tactical level he seems vanilla.

that's why a guy like bilichek is on another level; he not only assembles the roster, but he also makes in-depth tactical moves from week to week.

sometimes, it looks like pete does make a custom game plan, but most of the time it looks like he just mails it in.

LTH

Reaction score
LMAO!!! here we go.... I'm going to remember these days in the days we don't have Pete... look at detroit look at cleveland look at more than half the NFL... Pete is a blessing and when he is gone I will come on this board and read how much this fan base misses him... as it unacceptable not to make the playoffs and blah blah blah blah blah....

if I was a DR I would subscribe Prozac to half of this fan base...in fact when this team loses lets call the following monday prozac monday...

guys its gonna be ok just breathe through it LMAO!!!

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It’s always a comparison to Belichick, someone has to be the Goat and that is Bill, but the stretch Pete has been on is second to only to the Goat. That’s tough to compete with. Pete mailing it in....how can you say that with a straight face. He is without one of the most driven competitive men I have ever seen in sports... all sports. Maybe you would like Pete to start filming opponents sidelines to get an edge. What happened to the master planner in his 6 loses this season?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is the best we got.

For a while, I thought that Wilson could be great enough to overcome the liability that Pete has become on gameday.

Now I know that isn't happening.

But this is it. This is our coach.

He isn't changing. He won't get better. Over time, he will likely get worse.

He is old and we were lucky to get all the success he brought here. For now, it makes no sense to expect anything more.

We are a wildcard team. We will make the playoffs.

We aren't winning anything more than a wildcard game, and it would be weird to expect it. If we play the Bucs, I doubt we even win the wildcard game.

Just be thankful for what Pete has done for this team. We don't have alternatives. Our coordinators are either inconsistent (Schotty) or garbage (Norton). Pete just signed a new deal, he isn't going anywhere and he is too stubborn and old to change. He is also too stubborn and old to let someone else help him.

When Pete leaves, we are going to get worse. But we also need to realize that Pete and the Seahawks have their best days behind them. There is no reason to expect anything more from this team than it has done the past 5 years.

Enjoy the regular season and the opportunity to get into the playoffs. Not all teams get that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":ndtn1cen said:
... look at detroit look at cleveland

Those teams won today

I wouldnt shed a tear if Pete took a hike. Team needs a change. With Wilson, the Hawks are guaranteed 9 to 10 wins a season. Let somebody else have a shot while Russ is still effective. Seriously, I would rather take a chance and lose than accepting early playoff exits every single year with no hope of advancement. Some people still think that Pete is somehow going to change things up and the Hawks are going to reach that promised land again and thats where they are wrong. The last 5 years with Pete is going to be the exact same as the next 5 years. I wont be sorry when he goes.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete will never change.

He is too old to change or to come up with new ideas.

This is it.

Pete will do what he has always done, unless threatened otherwise (see Let Russ Cook), and even then he will slowly revert back to his old, bad habits. He not only will never change, I doubt he can.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Be honest Pitt, you’ve never been and never will be happy with the Hawks.

W

Welshers

So who would you people rather have? There are very few coaches in the league capable of having the sustained success Pete has had and they are all taken. There's nobody better out there. Pete won't be fired but when be retires we will most likely be worse for a while. Hes that good of a coach