Ifedi to get top dollar?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Article says $12mil per for Ifedi? :shock:

Would that take us into 3rd round comp pick territory?

Tical21

Reaction score
Rumor has it we are in negotiations with him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This is why the game has fallen..Paying high $ for garbage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12M per year seems insane to me, that'd put Ifedi at #3 for RT's.

https://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/'

Where he is now is where he belongs (in the 20's), I'd never give him more than 6-7M per year. I have no idea what team would watch tape of Ifedi and think he's their answer at RT for the next 4-5 years.

He's a hard worker, above average run blocker, and no locker room or personal issues. But he's a liability in pass pro, and has at least 3-4 brain farts a game.

knownone

Reaction score
Ifedi's PFF rankings don't make any sense when you dig into them.

He's technically an above average pass blocker when you remove pass blocking efficiency which tends to punish lineman who play with mobile QBs.

His run blocking grades are below average according to PFF, yet Seattle averages their highest YPC (5.7) behind Ifedi and the next closest is Fluker (4.3). This isn't a sample size issue either. They ran towards Ifedi the 2nd most times of anyone on the team.

I wouldn't feel great about paying Ifedi $12M. I do think he's worth keeping around if they can keep his number under $8M.

hburn21

Reaction score
Offensive tackles get a good amount of money. Ifedi isn’t great but he’s better than a lot of right tackles, young and the cap is only going up. He’s going to get a good contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hburn21":2slxzve4 said:
Offensive tackles get a good amount of money. Ifedi isn’t great but he’s better than a lot of right tackles, young and the cap is only going up. He’s going to get a good contract.

He's not better than a lot of RT's, he's worse.

D

DomeHawk

Draft an early-round rookie RT, he will be just as good for a lot less.

Largent80

Reaction score
Just read this....from the article...He STINKS....Pro Football Focus ranked Ifedi 53rd out of 60 tackles who played at least 50% of their team's snaps in 2019. PFF gave Ifedi an overall grade of 56.2, a pass blocking grade of 60.3 and a run blocking grade of 55.6. He was also penalized 13 times, tied for fifth-most among tackles.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ifedi's advantage is that there is a dearth of Offensive Linemen in the NFL. Add to that, the Spread system's popularity in the College game, legit prospects are few and far between. So an average OLineman is going to be paid more than his positional value.

sutz

Reaction score
ivotuk":16ikpycp said:
Ifedi's advantage is that there is a dearth of Offensive Linemen in the NFL. Add to that, the Spread system's popularity in the College game, legit prospects are few and far between. So an average OLineman is going to be paid more than his positional value.
And the typical rookie takes a year or more to get up to speed.

xray

Reaction score
He should get close but not top. He was better this year than last . He didn't suck as much. He seems to be healthy to play most weeks ; and this year was all about injuries and conditioning ...something is off in that dept. IMO

AgentDib

Reaction score
We previously declined a 5th year option on Ifedi which would have paid him $10.3 million for 2020. That sets the ceiling on his price tag here and if somebody is offering more then we'll take the comp pick instead.

In his four seasons with the team Ifedi has started 65 games; more than 16 per year due to playoff games. His availability has been outstanding and that's a valuable trait in the NFL.

Jville

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could reliably handicap a number for Ifedi.

I am guessing he could realize a bigger contract in a different offense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think the team could do better at the position than with Ifedi, otherwise known as the drive killer.

I did think he improved this season towards the end of the season but he still takes a lot of bad penalties at critical times and has earned his otherwise known as moniker.

Fant would be cheaper if anyone was stupid enough to overpay Ifedi and I suspect would ultimately do a better job.

Ifedi's not worth a big contract and any deal he'd make with the team would like be very short term for a lot less than the 5th year option numbers.

If he gets a big offer in FA I wish him luck wherever else he's going to play.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"Fant would be cheaper if anyone was stupid enough to overpay Ifedi and I suspect would ultimately do a better job."

I believe that. In addition to that if we get a good rookie project that proves out Fant can do a lot of different things, while waiting for Brown to decide he's had enough. Wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't make a fine blocking fullback. Fridge did it...