If Seahawks make a trade it could be on offense-Rob Staton

ivotuk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks make a trade it could be on offense

Jason La Canfora noted on Sunday that the Seahawks were one of the teams ‘laying the groundwork’ for a busy trade deadline...

That feels realistic, too. Russell Wilson has been excellent so far and the running game has started to improve. The defense has struggled to create pressure, make plays and force turnovers. It has felt like a bottom-third unit so far.

On that note, let me argue the case for why a potential trade could come on the offensive side of the ball…

According to this tweet, the Seahawks have also shown some interest in Stefon Diggs:

Dan Sileo ✔ @DanSileoShow

We just got feedback from the .@Vikings on the @stefondiggs trade rumors.....They are true and 3 teams have reached out @Patriots @Seahawks @HoustonTexans

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

rcaido

Reaction score
That's a hard pass no pun intended. Rather have AJ Green for one season. Diggs it too expensive.

getnasty

Reaction score
Diggs is a very good player but he has a little Antonio Beown in him. Not sure how i would feel about that one.

massari

Reaction score
The Seahawks have had so much success with ex Vikings WR's....let's give up more high draft picks for another one making $15M a year who has always been the #2 behind Thielen.

getnasty

Reaction score
massari":3dwwa23y said:
The Seahawks have had so much success with ex Vikings WR's....let's give up more high draft picks for another one making $15M a year who has always been the #2 behind Thielen.

Nate Burleson and Sidney Rice?

massari

Reaction score
getnasty":7urepn6e said:
massari":7urepn6e said:

You're saying they were good for what they cost the Seahawks? You forgot Harvin.

getnasty

Reaction score
massari":blnjkg8t said:
getnasty":blnjkg8t said:
massari":blnjkg8t said:

You're saying they were good for what they cost the Seahawks? You forgot Harvin.

I'm saying Nate and Sidney were very good players for the Hawks.

toffee

Reaction score
Thought we will trade for D backfield help, OL help, and then WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
massari":36kztfb2 said:
getnasty":36kztfb2 said:
massari":36kztfb2 said:

Burleson and Rice were quality. Harvin definitely not.

massari

Reaction score
getnasty":2602iuwt said:
massari":2602iuwt said:
getnasty":2602iuwt said:
massari":2602iuwt said:

Rice had one decent season with a big contract and Burleson cost a 1st rd pick for 2 decent seasons. Likely lost Steve Hutchinson because of the Burleson offer sheet.

Seem like busts to me.

edit: thought Burleson cost a 1st but it was a 3rd. Makes it a bit better I guess.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
When the goal seems to be in reach, the Hawks seem to crave offense.. Harvin, Jimmy and it's just flopped everytime. If we go offense, lets get a bruising lineman.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Bobblehead":lyq3wubv said:
When the goal seems to be in reach, the Hawks seem to crave offense.. Harvin, Jimmy and it's just flopped everytime. If we go offense, lets get a bruising lineman.

This trade makes no sense. Receiver is literally the least of our needs. we need linemen and DBs

McGruff

Reaction score
massari":227c0z6b said:
getnasty":227c0z6b said:
massari":227c0z6b said:
getnasty":227c0z6b said:

Rice had one decent season with a big contract and Burleson cost a 1st rd pick for 2 decent seasons. Likely lost Steve Hutchinson because of the Burleson offer sheet.

Seem like busts to me.

edit: thought Burleson cost a 1st but it was a 3rd. Makes it a bit better I guess.

Also, Hutch came first, Burleson was our retort

Mad Dog

Reaction score
blazen2392":2l046llt said:
Bobblehead":2l046llt said:

This trade makes no sense. Receiver is literally the least of our needs. we need linemen and DBs

Not even sure we need DB's. Maybe a nickel guy and backup CB. I'm pretty comfortable with the starters at CB. The safeties are a work in progress with Thompson, Hill, Blair and Umadi all competing. Not sure throwing a 5th guy into that mix will help.

But I agree that WR isn't a big need right now with guys sitting on the bench every week.

It's like people want to toss our entire draft in the toilet with a couple trades. WR and DB were needs this offfseason and we drafted guys to develop. That takes some time.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Diggs might be a disaster here.

But he checks all the boxes for the kind of trade the Seahawks make every now and then that ends up being the equivalent of running with ankle weights on.

1. Expensive

2. Had an issue somewhere else that is likely to be an issue here.

3. Isn't a fit for what we do now.

So I kind of expect this to happen.

But

I will be pleasantly surprised if it works. Since I would expect that a WR upset that an offense with the best RB in the league is too run heavy, is not going to be tremendously excited to play here (where we pass even less). I am also curious about his blocking, because god knows, we love to make highly paid receivers into glorified blockers.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If we were going to trade for one receiver, I'm going with John Ross. not because he's a Husky, but he is under team control, costs less money, and would cost a FRACTION of what Diggs would in draft picks.

We have that big bodied WR in D.K now, a catch everything, squirmy WR in Lockett, what we don't have is a burner to take the top off the Defense.

McGruff

Reaction score
2_0_6":zobcbti2 said:
If we were going to trade for one receiver, I'm going with John Ross. not because he's a Husky, but he is under team control, costs less money, and would cost a FRACTION of what Diggs would in draft picks.

We have that big bodied WR in D.K now, a catch everything, squirmy WR in Lockett, what we don't have is a burner to take the top off the Defense.

Wait what?

Lockett runs a straight 4.4

Do ran a 4.33

Sure, Ross is faster than anyone ever (officially), but those guys are burners.

2_0_6

Reaction score
McGruff":22qbgrnq said:
2_0_6":22qbgrnq said:

Wait what?

Lockett runs a straight 4.4

Do ran a 4.33

Sure, Ross is faster than anyone ever (officially), but those guys are burners.

Are you confused?

Yes I know Lockett's a jitterbug, but Lockett is Russ' security blanket and rarely runs straight go routes these days with no ADB in the fold. Having someone like Ross to constantly take the top off the D is what we need, kinda like a poor man's, less crazy AB.

Also, having Ross back there to return kicks and punts would make me feel better than having locket do it.

Latest posts