If I told you the Hawks were about to go .500 at home.....

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yes.

I wouldn't have believed they would have made the playoffs though.

Why wouldn't i have believed you?. Our homefield advantage has been gone for so long i can't remember it mattering anymore.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
You have to have a amazing team for home field to matter. Fans help but they help the faster,stronger better players.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Why are you so good on the road this year but less good at home than normal? I've seen some of your games. But not all of them. So I'm asking you guys what you attribute the difference to?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks haven't played well at home this season. It may be better they don't get HFA in the playoffs as it hasn't been much of an advantage for Seahawks to play at the Clink.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
hawkfan68":dh964ccf said:
The Seahawks haven't played well at home this season. It may be better they don't get HFA in the playoffs as it hasn't been much of an advantage for Seahawks to play at the Clink.

You seem incredible on the road. So maybe that's the best route for you this year.

kf3339

Reaction score
Going 4 and 4 at home is an insult and slap in the face to every fan who uses their hard earned dollars to pay for those seats. Just saying....

Scorpion05

Reaction score
^^ Would be great if the tickets prices weren’t astronomically high. Maybe this is hyberbole, but the stadium doesn’t seem to have the same “juice” as it did in years past. The rabid, middle class fan base that used to be able to go to the games

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2h1dk239 said:
Cyrus12":2h1dk239 said:
Like Deon said...the 12s dont mean $h!t...
Truth hurts. At the very least homefield to us this year doesn't mean crap.
The home field "noise" thing only works if you have a REALLY good defense. The crowd can only get "up" so many times only to be immediately let down by the defense giving up a big play. If the defense doesn't reward the crowd consistently, the crowd loses it's juice as a game or season or seasons go along.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Truth. Is it any coincidence we have lost our home field advantage since the LOB Era ended? We can't blame our lack of home field advantage on us, the fans. We still do our parts every gameday. We can all argue about decibels but it's still one of the loudest stadiums in the league by a landslide.

It's the defense that needs to step up, use that noise and take advantage. It's not the 12's fault if the defense gives up chunk yardage or big plays.

Great players use the noise to their advantage. Average players don't as much.

We have a lot of average players on defense compared to the LOB days. Truth hurts.

Fade

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1whhz640 said:
The home field "noise" thing only works if you have a REALLY good defense. The crowd can only get "up" so many times only to be immediately let down by the defense giving up a big play. If the defense doesn't reward the crowd consistently, the crowd loses it's juice as a game or season or seasons go along.

Naw, Holmgren years prove you wrong.

It's 2 things, well mostly 1 thing.

1) 95% A bandwagon, yuppie crowd has taken over the stadium.

2) 5% Pete Carroll's play not to lose decision making sucks the juice right out of the stadium. The stadium is flat, the team plays flat. Imagine being 4th and less than 1 on the opponents 33 and not going for it in your own stadium. Vibe killer for sure.

Holmgren also did a really good job of making sure the fans needed to bring the noise every week, and consistently mentioned it. Pete hardly ever brings it up, and it has just kind of died out. The Stadium was louder in 2008, 2009, & 2010 with horrible defenses, more worse than the current one.

The 12th man is dead. I hope it comes back one day, but it died after they won the Super Bowl and is gone for the foreseeable future, it has only gotten weaker since 2013.

Fade

Reaction score
Aros":8kgk1rgl said:
Truth. Is it any coincidence we have lost our home field advantage since the LOB Era ended? We can't blame our lack of home field advantage on us, the fans. We still do our parts every gameday. We can all argue about decibels but it's still one of the loudest stadiums in the league by a landslide.

It's the defense that needs to step up, use that noise and take advantage. It's not the 12's fault if the defense gives up chunk yardage or big plays.

Great players use the noise to their advantage. Average players don't as much.

We have a lot of average players on defense compared to the LOB days. Truth hurts.

Why was it louder in 2008, 2009, and 2010 then with even worse defenses?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fade":3ks8gbii said:
Why was it louder in 2008, 2009, and 2010 then with even worse defenses?

Says who? I have been a season ticket holder since 1997 and I couldn't tell you one year was louder than another year. Sure there is ebbs and flows but are you using some decibel metric to support your theory? My point is, it's not the fault of the fans like some want to suggest. Like we aren't doing as good a job or something which to me is laughable. It's still freaking LOUD there every single gameday.

stang233

Reaction score
Plain and simple. It is not loud there anymore......
Not even half the fans bring the noise anymore. On more than one occasion they have shown the field volume and it is in the 115 dB range. Not loud enough to alter the game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
stang233":28ylqc1w said:
Plain and simple. It is not loud there anymore......
Not even half the fans bring the noise anymore. On more than one occasion they have shown the field volume and it is in the 115 dB range. Not loud enough to alter the game.

Yes 115 dB is just pathetic. :roll: :roll:

knownone

Reaction score
Scorpion05":8plcqlzd said:
^^ Would be great if the tickets prices weren’t astronomically high. Maybe this is hyberbole, but the stadium doesn’t seem to have the same “juice” as it did in years past. The rabid, middle class fan base that used to be able to go to the games
The crowd has felt rather tame over the last few years, but it didn't quite hit home with me until the Vikings game when they kept showing a decibel meter on 3rd downs and we were barely cracking 100dBs. In 2013 we set the record at 138 dBs and routinely clocked in over 120. The lack of juice seems to be a very real thing.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree with Fade for the most part as a fellow long-term season ticket holder. I think it is partly due to ticket prices, but mostly due to the bandwagon fans with unrealistic expectations.

Those of you that went to bad but loud games in the Kingdome will remember the feeling that we were underdogs and needed a ton of noise to give ourselves a chance to win. And we did beat better teams fairly often. I was at the '91 game against the 49ers team where we almost pulled off the upset and it was deafening. I agree that 2008-2010 was much louder and it was for the same reason; we felt like it had to be loud to have a chance to win.

The crowd can still get loud if they feel that same level of urgency, but it has grown increasingly rare each season as expectations have become less realistic. In our Super Bowl season the crowd was completely dead for the first half of the Bucs game where they felt it should have been an easy win, and it wasn't until the second half that it finally woke up after realizing the game would be lost if the defense didn't make every single stop from there on.

Today, the crowd was dead for most of the game. We were down early to a "bad" Cardinals team that people didn't think the team should need a loud crowd to beat, and it only woke up for about 2 minutes after the Blair fumble return. Not being able to punch it in for a TD took the wind out of the crowd's sails again and there were noticeable boos.

Crowd noise definitely won't be a problem next week or against top opponents in the future, but IMO we have absolutely lost our home-field advantage against "inferior" opponents. I do think it will self correct once we go through some years that are actually bad and the bandwagon fans get a sharp reality check.