Hurtt shouldn’t get on the plane

TOPHawk

Reaction score
That TD is on Ryan. He completely bit on the fake toss and let Samuels come completely open.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hurtt is not on the field missing tackles!
He’s also not been able to coach a single end on containment.

The entire season containment is our problem. If the end plays contain instead of drifting for whatever F’n reason purdy is pressured on that throw to deebo instead of in the rollout and alone by fifteen yards.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Pretty sure 9 of the 11 starters shouldn’t be here next year. Completely void of talent. Cody Barton shouldn’t be more than a special teams coverage man and he’s playing every single down.
I’d only keep the CBs. The rest can go.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As long as we have Hurtt, it doesn't really matter who we have at QB.
A lot of irony about the refs missing calls and steering the game.
Because with this DC, we were assured to lose. No need to steer anything.

Lots of bad calls and one-sided officiating. But even a clean game wouldn't matter. We have Hurtt, they don't.
So we had no chance.

James in PA

Reaction score
The sad thing is now that we made the playoffs, its almost assured he will be back next year, suckier than ever.

Fade

Reaction score
As long as we have Hurtt, it doesn't really matter who we have at QB.
A lot of irony about the refs missing calls and steering the game.
Because with this DC, we were assured to lose. No need to steer anything.

Lots of bad calls and one-sided officiating. But even a clean game wouldn't matter. We have Hurtt, they don't.
So we had no chance.
Like I said, anything JS, the offense does. Gets undone by this joke of a defensive coaching staff. 8 years... and it just gets worse. I don't need to see anymore.

But apparently others are completely fine with this. Looking completely hapless in the playoffs year after year is disgusting and unacceptable.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The roster excuse does not wash. Hurtt is the worst DC against the run ever. EVER.

There was a game where we knew the other team had to run the ball, we had to stop it, and they were still getting 7 yards a carry. SEVEN.

That does not happen in the NFL. 4 is bad. 7 is something that shouldn't exist. (Panthers?)
Trust me. As bad as our roster is, and bad as our LB group is (and they are a steaming pile of used condoms) - there HAVE been worse rosters in the history of the NFL.

I've watched those teams with worse rosters. Like those old Lions teams. The Bucs (when they didn't have Hardy Nickerson). Others.
NONE gave up 7 yds a carry to teams that were just running up their throat like that.
I've NEVER seen a worse run defense. Not even counting the tackling as the other problem.

Hurtt is not only not a competent DC, he might even be ANTI-competent. Maybe brutally worse than even an average hire.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Pretty sure 9 of the 11 starters shouldn’t be here next year. Completely void of talent. Cody Barton shouldn’t be more than a special teams coverage man and he’s playing every single down.
More than 2 starters are good but the D needs to be the absolute focus of the offseason. Neal, Nwosu, Woolen, Bryant, Diggs at least. Woods and Harris are solid if there's enough depth to rotate them but there is little enough to like in the front 7.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The roster excuse does not wash. Hurtt is the worst DC against the run ever. EVER.

There was a game where we knew the other team had to run the ball, we had to stop it, and they were still getting 7 yards a carry. SEVEN.

That does not happen in the NFL. 4 is bad. 7 is something that shouldn't exist. (Panthers?)
Trust me. As bad as our roster is, and bad as our LB group is (and they are a steaming pile of used condoms) - there HAVE been worse rosters in the history of the NFL.

I've watched those teams with worse rosters. Like those old Lions teams. The Bucs (when they didn't have Hardy Nickerson). Others.
NONE gave up 7 yds a carry to teams that were just running up their throat like that.
I've NEVER seen a worse run defense. Not even counting the tackling as the other problem.

Hurtt is not only not a competent DC, he might even be ANTI-competent. Maybe brutally worse than even an average hire.
When you don't have the players to match your scheme, but doggedly refuse to adjust to your strengths, this is what you get.

Personally the only part of this I put on Pete is is silly loyalty to coordinators that fail to scheme well and field a winning team.