How would we like to organize this forum?

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Hello fellow Xs and Os fans,

Want to get a feel for how everyone would like to see the topics organized. Should we do a thread for offense, defense, and then a catch-all thread? Or would it be better to be more position specific (QB thread, D-line thread and so on)? Or, a combination of the two? I'll be happy to create the folders, but wanted to see if anyone had a preference.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Message boards tend to work best when there isn't strict organization within the subforums. Ensuring certain threads are moved to the correct subforum is great, but micromanaging individual threads so that every type of topic is in one thread within those subforums is a lot of work, and it tends to limit the amount of traffic and discussion they get.

This is because people have different tendencies to when they think something justifies a new thread. Also, when you allow more threads to open up, you are allowing more threads to allow the discussion to evolve in it's own way, creating more conversations within a certain topic.

This makes message boards feels like more of a community to discuss things as opposed to an encocyclopedia.

Just my opinion.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hello fellow Xs and Os fans,

Want to get a feel for how everyone would like to see the topics organized. Should we do a thread for offense, defense, and then a catch-all thread? Or would it be better to be more position specific (QB thread, D-line thread and so on)? Or, a combination of the two? I'll be happy to create the folders, but wanted to see if anyone had a preference.
I was wondering if it would be easier to cover some of the arts of the game. For example the Cover2 would be a topic. Cover3 a topic or post. Cover 1 a post. THey could then have sub posts on how the other positions use a cover 2 or cover3 in their position play. Like the corners and Lbs.
I dunno. Also some links to address after the discussion to backup your intelligence. I am quite ignorant of quite a few things.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
It's a forum, not a Ted Talk. The idea is to allow people to start and hold conversations organically. Creating specific topic areas dissuades any conversations outside those areas and may well kill this media of a bygone era altogether.

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
It's a forum, not a Ted Talk. The idea is to allow people to start and hold conversations organically. Creating specific topic areas dissuades any conversations outside those areas and may well kill this media of a bygone era altogether.
Interesting take. That's what we tried with the one pinned post and it seems like people wanted to split out the topics. Good point to consider though.

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Message boards tend to work best when there isn't strict organization within the subforums. Ensuring certain threads are moved to the correct subforum is great, but micromanaging individual threads so that every type of topic is in one thread within those subforums is a lot of work, and it tends to limit the amount of traffic and discussion they get.

This is because people have different tendencies to when they think something justifies a new thread. Also, when you allow more threads to open up, you are allowing more threads to allow the discussion to evolve in it's own way, creating more conversations within a certain topic.

This makes message boards feels like more of a community to discuss things as opposed to an encocyclopedia.

Just my opinion.
Fair point as well. Maybe I'm just too OCD with how the main forum looks from time to time. I'm good to just let this run wild and see where it takes us, if that is what encourages people to post.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's almost like some want a webzone type deal - Just create a topic in the correct forum
and run with it.

Latest posts