How would this change the draft ?

bileever

Reaction score
After having traded Justin Fields? I think there would be a fan revolt.

The Bears better choose wisely. They have #1 and #9, but by #9, Harrison and the top QBs will be gone. Unless they have decided to go with JJ McCarthy.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If the Chicago Bears selected : Marvin Harrison jr with the first pick. ?
Poles would be fired on the spot. It’s Caleb Williams at #1. The only thing we talk about anymore in Bears world is what to do with #9.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yup. Caleb is a done deal. Do they go WR at #9 or otherwise is the only question.

So basically this thread is kind of an imaginative waste of time, like what if pigs could fly.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
In Chicago's defense drafting Harrison is a more "sure" of a pick, and is more cost effective route to go. Maybe I'm wrong, but the possibility still exists

NoGain

Reaction score
In Chicago's defense drafting Harrison is a more "sure" of a pick, and is more cost effective route to go. Maybe I'm wrong, but the possibility still exists
No it doesn't. There's no chance of this happening. Zero.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The bears should trade the 1 for multiple picks. Draft the top D. The only way Chicago has ever won a SB was with a great D and average to below average QB.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The bears should trade the 1 for multiple picks. Draft the top D. The only way Chicago has ever won a SB was with a great D and average to below average QB.
Moore, Allen, Odunze. The best WR group we’ve ever had. If Williams can’t produce with that group, Poles drafted the wrong QB.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Moore, Allen, Odunze. The best WR group we’ve ever had. If Williams can’t produce with that group, Poles drafted the wrong QB.
When in Chicago history has anyone put up big numbers in December and January? You need D and a running game. Basically Chicago needs to copy SF.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
When in Chicago history has anyone put up big numbers in December and January? You need D and a running game. Basically Chicago needs to copy SF.
In Chicago, we call that “Lovie ball” but it’s not 2006. We are still going to run the ball, but the passing game (I hope) will be the best I’ve ever seen.

toffee

Reaction score
Yup. Caleb is a done deal. Do they go WR at #9 or otherwise is the only question.

So basically this thread is kind of an imaginative waste of time, like what if pigs could fly.
Draft: I agree that Caleb would be picked #1, yes, it's a done deal.
Future: I don't think it's a done deal that Celab will be a top-ranked QB in 5 years.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
One could maybe argue the wrong offensive coordinator. That’s a possibility
My main issue with Waldron last year was the red zone offense. With Williams, Swift, and a stellar WR group, he has no excuse for not getting more creative this year. We’ll see.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Barring something spectacular happening (e.g. him getting a career ending injury or being arrested for murder) Williams will go number one. Even if that does happen they will draft Daniels, Maye or McCarthy.

Before they got rid of Fields there was a possibility they would trade down (and possibly get Harrison) but neither Bagent nor Rypian are a planned starter so they need to get a rookie QB who can staret immediately and that means they have ti use the No1 pick to do so.