How Much Impact Will Tavon Austin Have for the Rams?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":z46dk2r4 said:
You guys cant get enough of what I say, but you have a very sour way of showing your admiration. You feel you need to reply, because I'm amazing, and yet all you wanna do is crucify me with your babble. It's all good, I understand.

LOL its funny because you say you're amazing, yet you probably chose to live in St. Louis. Hahahah

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":qo9wkthe said:
Austin is savvy. At least he was as a college player. He presents himself as one who is likely a stable guy in the community. He has elite speed and elite athleticism. Qualities that should have been prized perhaps more than they were on this guy in the draft. I think there will be teams that regret not drafting Tavon Austin.

I'm not gonna lie... I wanted the Hawks to draft him when he was being talked about in the mid-20's range of the first round early on. I was hoping that wasn't a smoke screen, but didn't believe for 5 seconds that he wasn't "the" elite talent to be had in the draft. I felt the Hawks did the right thing picking up Percy Harvin when JS probably realized Austin wouldn't be within the reach of the Hawks. In the short term, I felt PH was the better get (if he could manage to stay healthy. Sigh.)

Anyway, Austin has always been honest about his capability and I think he is smart in that he knows what roles he can fill. Before the draft, he laughed when they asked if he could play RB in the NFL. He knows he's a slot receiver. In a more recent interview, he said the biggest adjustment to the NFL is the playbook instead of relying on signals. That will be key for his rookie year. Not sure how much improvizing will happen in the first season trying to get on the same page. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training- ... o-NFL-life

I have had my sons watch Tavon Austin highlights to compare some of his moves to Walter Payton because they play skill positions in their youth tackle leagues. (One of them is athletic enough to benefit from utilizing that stutter stride in the open field with one defender to beat - which is what he needed. It helped.) Not as much detail and quality video on YouTube of Walter Payton. Not a complete comparison, but I can see some of the same athleticism.

I have a high view of Tavon Austin which isn't very pleasing being that he plays for a divisional opponent. He comes across as a player that is tough to root against. I trust the Seahawks Defense will be able to account for Austin. They better.

Go Hawks.

Good stuff right here

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":uadpi801 said:
mr.stlouis":uadpi801 said:
You guys cant get enough of what I say, but you have a very sour way of showing your admiration. You feel you need to reply, because I'm amazing, and yet all you wanna do is crucify me with your babble. It's all good, I understand.

LOL its funny because you say you're amazing, yet you probably chose to live in St. Louis. Hahahah

Yeah sure... except I've never lived in STL. :curious:

Thread Killer

Reaction score
I'd say a HUGE impact. Has to given what they gave up to go get him.

He'll probably give the Rams the return game the team hasn't had since Az Hakim and Tony Horne during the Great Show on Turf days.

They'll probably move him all over the place making him a matchup nightmare for most teams as he has rare quickness and speed. Many have one or the other, but few have both.

But, where he'll probably help most is the attention that he will draw from opposing defenses which should free up other players.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":2jtkwgjf said:
therealjohncarlson":2jtkwgjf said:
mr.stlouis":2jtkwgjf said:

Yeah sure... except I've never lived in STL. :curious:

Yet you choose to be a Rams fan. Even worse

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Yet you choose to be a Rams fan. Even worse[/quote]

Could not be a Chiefs fan, I've never liked them.

The GSOT era was like football at its penical! How could I not be a Rams fan? I was born a STL Baseball Cards fan to start.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Thread Killer":3mqfix5h said:
I'd say a HUGE impact. Has to given what they gave up to go get him.

He'll probably give the Rams the return game the team hasn't had since Az Hakim and Tony Horne during the Great Show on Turf days.

They'll probably move him all over the place making him a matchup nightmare for most teams as he has rare quickness and speed. Many have one or the other, but few have both.

But, where he'll probably help most is the attention that he will draw from opposing defenses which should free up other players.

Heck yeah! Well done! He does make one heck of a distraction, see Bailey.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":36pxewk0 said:
mr.stlouis":36pxewk0 said:
YThe GSOT era was like football at its penical! How could I not be a Rams fan? I was born a STL Baseball Cards fan to start.
That's a rather Freudian slip, there.

OK

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with him. I remember some real jock straps on those teams. :p

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rfcvzta said:
Lady Talon":2rfcvzta said:
mr.stlouis":2rfcvzta said:
The GSOT era was like football at its penical!

This explains so much.
He'll probably claim it was a typo. As if you can accidentally turn "pinnacle" into "penical" by hitting the wrong key once or twice.
:D ... can't get nothing by you sharp devils.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
At least he didn't say pinochle, that would have been really embarrassing.