How KC won SB

QWERTY

Reaction score
If you guys look at KC's WR core,
They had, JuJu, Marquez Valdes Scantling, Kadarius Toney, and a bunch of scrubs.

That's like a total of 18MILL a year salary just on WR. Sure Kelcie is a beast, but he's just 1 man show.

Now WR's are easy to find, and they can be obtain at a very cheap price. Like Juju and Odell also Antonio brown.

But look at Seattle, they have 2 one of the highest paid WR's in the league Lockett and DK. And some people are saying we need a #3? Maybe the problem is the QB doesn't look at #3. When Seattle played the Chargers, and DK was out, that's when Geno looked at #3 and continuously threw the ball at Goodwin in the endzone.

I honestly believe that if you want to go to the playoffs and win the championship, you have to sacrifice money in some positions. If Geno is good as he is, then he should be paid as good as he is which is 35mill +. But also the pieces around him, RB and WR should be way less. I don't think it's plausible to pay QB WR and RB high money.

Also look at the Rams they had 1 Elite WR in Kupp, no running game, and their remaining WR/TE's are all scrubs. They later got Odell at 3mill.

This is why I was against that DK extension, and wished JS had traded him for picks.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't think Seattle had much of a choice in resigning Metcalf. They would have ended up needing to sign a veteran for a decent sum of money or risk going into the season with both of their starting receivers under 5'10. So I guess it would have depended on what the return for Metcalf would have been.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seattle needs another WR on this roster. Lockett will be 31 this season and there's a reason he avoids contact.
"scrubs" is your opinion, but drafting at the WR spot has been FAR from a strong suit for this front office. It's obvious they have a bit of a blind spot here. Meanwhile, teams like the Steelers seem to find good ones all the time. I'm sure some teams look at Seattle and wish they could draft DBs like we have been able to do fairly consistently.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If you guys look at KC's WR core,
They had, JuJu, Marquez Valdes Scantling, Kadarius Toney, and a bunch of scrubs.

That's like a total of 18MILL a year salary just on WR. Sure Kelcie is a beast, but he's just 1 man show.

Now WR's are easy to find, and they can be obtain at a very cheap price. Like Juju and Odell also Antonio brown.

But look at Seattle, they have 2 one of the highest paid WR's in the league Lockett and DK. And some people are saying we need a #3? Maybe the problem is the QB doesn't look at #3. When Seattle played the Chargers, and DK was out, that's when Geno looked at #3 and continuously threw the ball at Goodwin in the endzone.

I honestly believe that if you want to go to the playoffs and win the championship, you have to sacrifice money in some positions. If Geno is good as he is, then he should be paid as good as he is which is 35mill +. But also the pieces around him, RB and WR should be way less. I don't think it's plausible to pay QB WR and RB high money.

Also look at the Rams they had 1 Elite WR in Kupp, no running game, and their remaining WR/TE's are all scrubs. They later got Odell at 3mill.

This is why I was against that DK extension, and wished JS had traded him for picks.
What LA did isn't very common it was rigged for them to win the NFL is desperately trying to turn LA into a NFL city when it's a Laker and Dodger city. I went to LA few summers ago and saw nothing but Dodger jerseys. Seahawks should model after KC way more. Letting Clark go to KC was dumb.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
What LA did isn't very common it was rigged for them to win the NFL is desperately trying to turn LA into a NFL city when it's a Laker and Dodger city. I went to LA few summers ago and saw nothing but Dodger jerseys. Seahawks should model after KC way more. Letting Clark go to KC was dumb.
I agree but then, they made it to the playoffs and got the regular wins with Kupp, and later on Odell joining that team. I hate LA, also and they both won NBA and MLB Championship during the year Covid-19 came.

sdog1981

Reaction score
KC rushed for 158 yards in that game. They hit the Eagles with running plays out of all of their passing looks from the season. Mahomes threw for less than 200 yards in this SB.