Hearing reports of strong offer from Commanders for Russ

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":264mjgwy said:
John63":264mjgwy said:
jlwaters1":264mjgwy said:
seabowl":264mjgwy said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

Discontent with coaching staff? You mean the like thr coach he HELPED PICK.
That doesn’t make much sense.

I would bet money Wilson plays for the Seahawks in 2022.
He has no leverage, I don’t see any incentive for the Seahawks to ship him off.

He already said he wants to stay, Hawks already said they aren't getting rid of him. It's over except for the media who wants clicks Nd some fans who are gullible.

Just watch. Again IMO he will be traded.
With all due respect, I think you bet on the wrong horse.

Elemas

Reaction score
Didn’t read. Is this another one of those (unconfirmed) sources say Russ is gone? Again?

BASF

Reaction score
This is the type of thing the offering team "leaks" to show their fanbase that they are pursuing the QB their fanbase believes can take them to the Owl. Much ado about nothing from this end.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1saxeyln said:
John63":1saxeyln said:
WmHBonney":1saxeyln said:
With Dan Snyder still calling the shots for Washington, this is an opportunity to absolutely fleece someone. Snyder will overpay for anyone. :stirthepot:

except and once again Wilson already said no to Washington and he has a no-trade clause.

What if the Seahawks decide to play hardball? What if they convince Russ that, long term, it might be in his own best interest to go along with a trade to whatever team? There are ways to work around a no trade clause. I'm not advocating trading him. But if Snyder wants to overpay, then they should listen.

There's only one way Pete can convince Russ to go to the Commanders...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/61/82 ... 9a7074.gif

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, they hold all the cards here. Let the other teams get in a bidding war. There are a LOT of teams that need a top tier QB.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1amnaf0a said:
This year's draft is not the draft to be looking for an NFL starting caliber QB.

Agreed.

Then again, Russ wasn't supposed to be one of those either, according to most pundits not named Jon Gruden.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2a2v17uh said:
Yep, they hold all the cards here. Let the other teams get in a bidding war. There are a LOT of teams that need a top tier QB.

Not all the Cards, but they hold some just as Wison does.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks can say NO to any offer. Fine, they BOTH hold the cards.

My God man, you don't have to freak out every time time someone says something about Russ.
And that's coming from Me. Calm down man........

LTH

Reaction score
The only way Russ gets traded is if someone offers the Hawks some ridiculous trade...can that happen? It has before...are the Hawks open to that i would say they are...If it goes down any other way I would be completely shocked unless the Hawks have a player they really like in the draft... that nobody knows

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
LTH":afzv47on said:
The only way Russ gets traded is if someone offers the Hawks some ridiculous trade...can that happen? It has before...are the Hawks open to that i would say they are...If it goes down any other way I would be completely shocked unless the Hawks have a player they really like in the draft... that nobody knows

LTH
The only teams that would probably do that would be instantly vetoed by Russ via his no trade clause. I don't see him going to a rebuilding team.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":9hqxmbph said:
LTH":9hqxmbph said:

LTH
The only teams that would probably do that would be instantly vetoed by Russ via his no trade clause. I don't see him going to a rebuilding team.

I think that makes since...

we will know when the draft comes because that's when it will happen...the only other scenarios that I see possible is if Like Keasley was saying, if Carroll's relationship with Wilson has deteriorated to the point that it is un workable... doesn't look like that to me, but then it's not like I'm sitting in the meet rooms listening...it's just kind of a watch and see type of thing... I don't believe any of these click bait story's they are NOT coming from the local hometown boys like Bell or Condotta...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1e4e20gg said:
The Hawks can say NO to any offer. Fine, they BOTH hold the cards.

My God man, you don't have to freak out every time time someone says something about Russ.
And that's coming from Me. Calm down man........

I did not freak out just pointed out that the Hawks don't hold all the cards.

Fade

Reaction score
Never say never in the sense that, WAS could go crazy and offer the most draft picks ever in league history and 2 or 3 high-end players. (Dan Snyder is desperate.)

But in all likelihood, Wilson isn't going anywhere.

The Seahawks plan appears to be, bring back Wilson, status quo on the O-Line (mistake), get Wilson another target, re-sign Penny. And the offense will take a natural step forward in year 2 under Waldron. With most of the available resources going to overhauling and building their supposed new defense.

The plan on paper sounds good, but the current brain trust have had so many bad off-seasons over the last 8 years it's hard to believe that THIS time they will get it right. This has been their plan most off-season's btw. 3x more draft capitol has been spent on defense. The big trades… defense. Only doing the bear minimum to upgrade on offense. Same crap, different year.

Since 2016 the Seahawks have drafted 52 players only 3 have made the pro-bowl and 1 of them is a punter. Of those drafted players the best ones Wilson throws the ball to. Meaning those guys wouldn't be as good if they had a mid to bad QB throwing them the ball.

Their Free Agency classes have been so piss poor since 2014, any other regime would've been fired for that reason alone. Their splash trades have all been bad to disaster level with Jamal Adams being the latest debacle. JS has done some nice things with later trades, and draft picks, cleaning up Pete's mess, but it rings hollow knowing the major moves all stink.

Here's the thing. Even if they miraculously pulled off the heist of the century by dealing Russell Wilson, I have zero trust they would know how to utilize those assets properly and be better off for it. Likely they will squander them as that is what their history shows since 2014. (Really since 2013 sans Bennett & Avril.)

Make big trade = Seahawks get worse.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2n09z9g2 said:
Never say never in the sense that, WAS could go crazy and offer the most draft picks ever in league history and 2 or 3 high-end players. (Dan Snyder is desperate.)

But in all likelihood, Wilson isn't going anywhere.

The Seahawks plan appears to be, bring back Wilson, status quo on the O-Line (mistake), get Wilson another target, re-sign Penny. And the offense will take a natural step forward in year 2 under Waldron. With most of the available resources going to overhauling and building their supposed new defense.

The plan on paper sounds good, but the current brain trust have had so many bad off-seasons over the last 8 years it's hard to believe that THIS time they will get it right. This has been their plan most off-season's btw. 3x more draft capitol has been spent on defense. The big trades… defense. Only doing the bear minimum to upgrade on offense. Same crap, different year.

Since 2016 the Seahawks have drafted 52 players only 3 have made the pro-bowl and 1 of them is a punter. Of those drafted players the best ones Wilson throws the ball to. Meaning those guys wouldn't be as good if they had a mid to bad QB throwing them the ball.

Their Free Agency classes have been so piss poor since 2014, any other regime would've been fired for that reason alone. Their splash trades have all been bad to disaster level with Jamal Adams being the latest debacle. JS has done some nice things with later trades, and draft picks, cleaning up Pete's mess, but it rings hollow knowing the major moves all stink.

Here's the thing. Even if they miraculously pulled off the heist of the century by dealing Russell Wilson, I have zero trust they would know how to utilize those assets properly and be better off for it. Likely they will squander them as that is what their history shows since 2014. (Really since 2013 sans Bennett & Avril.)

Make big trade = Seahawks get worse.

So it sounds to me again your on the it's never going to get better until Pete is gone? Ok then...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You have 3 choices to get a plan in place to get a good QB to carry your franchise:

1 - Be terrible so you get a high enough draft pick to get a chance to spin the wheel for a top QB.

2 - Bundle your draft picks and trade to a team that does not need a QB but somehow has both a QB and a terrible enough record it has a high pick (this is rare)

3 - Get lucky on a lower round pick that blossoms. (like we did with Wilson)

#3 is a crapshoot

We aren't bad enough for #1

So is the plan to aggregate picks and then be just bad enough that we can bundle them all up to trade for a top 3 pick?

Not sure what getting draft picks gets us. We don't draft well. We aren't going to be able to trade draft picks for much.

I suppose not having a QB and a year of bad draft picks automatically makes you horrible enough to get a top 3 pick in a year or two. But is that the plan?

It isn't enough to have a good draft slot. There has to be a top QB capable of being a top 5 QB in the league, which only happens every 3-5 years.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1fncxqrl said:
You have 3 choices to get a plan in place to get a good QB to carry your franchise:

1 - Be terrible so you get a high enough draft pick to get a chance to spin the wheel for a top QB.

2 - Bundle your draft picks and trade to a team that does not need a QB but somehow has both a QB and a terrible enough record it has a high pick (this is rare)

3 - Get lucky on a lower round pick that blossoms. (like we did with Wilson)

#3 is a crapshoot

We aren't bad enough for #1

So is the plan to aggregate picks and then be just bad enough that we can bundle them all up to trade for a top 3 pick?

Not sure what getting draft picks gets us. We don't draft well. We aren't going to be able to trade draft picks for much.

I suppose not having a QB and a year of bad draft picks automatically makes you horrible enough to get a top 3 pick in a year or two. But is that the plan?

It isn't enough to have a good draft slot. There has to be a top QB capable of being a top 5 QB in the league, which only happens every 3-5 years.

From where Carroll sits it doesn't make much sense getting rid of Wilson at least from the way I see it...unless they have a guy they REALLY like in the draft...Hawks have to many weapons on O they just need to dial it in...and a huge factor is health...If last year, the Hawks didn't have the injury issues they had and performed the way they did I wouldn't be as optimistic and that's NOT an excuse that's just reality...

These click bait story's are just trash...I just don't buy it because it doesn't make sense unless it's a trade that is completely one sided in the Hawks favor...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am sure Wilson's crew will continue to leak them.

But the Hawks need to hold on to Wilson for as long as they can.

Because it is difficult to get a good QB.

How difficult?

Mitch Trubisky is supposedly signing a 10M a year contract soon. Yes, that Mitch.

You don't want to be looking for a QB when you don't have one. Or you sign someone like Jimmy G to a big contract.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2mnw4dgb said:

How difficult?

Mitch Trubisky is supposedly signing a 10M a year contract soon. Yes, that Mitch.

You don't want to be looking for a QB when you don't have one. Or you sign someone like Jimmy G to a big contract.

So. Ahh your proof it's Wilson's team doing the leaking?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3t5bnkkg said:
TwistedHusky":3t5bnkkg said:

How difficult?

So. Ahh your proof it's Wilson's team doing the leaking?

Maybe let people draw the logical conclusion without aggressively spamming at them in anger, hmm?