Hear those crickets?

HawkFreak

Reaction score
is this one of those 'ol Pete clue games? FA instead of the draft? Does the last name of the player they are signing rhyme with Crickets? Are they from a state that has a lot of crickets? Maybe the player can sing?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just watching teams over-pay for plays they shouldn't ba signing, the money flows freely on day one.
Agreed. Too many overpaid players early on but sometimes that’s what it takes to get a difference maker in FA.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
is this one of those 'ol Pete clue games? FA instead of the draft? Does the last name of the player they are signing rhyme with Crickets? Are they from a state that has a lot of crickets? Maybe the player can sing?
Now that Pete's gone. It'd be cool to have some media type reach out to him and get an explanation of some of those "clues".

chris98251

Reaction score
On that note, Pete has not been really in the news other then the 49er rumor. Wonder whats going on with him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Except we are building a new foundation, I am thinking more Rebar and Cement this time around and less inflatables.
I’m assuming we are on the same page (although full transparency I’m not 100% sure this means what I think it does)

What im saying is there are teams in situations where one particular difference maker may be worth overpaying for.

I don’t believe we are that team right now. We need to build a team that fits our coach which means we will need a lot of young talent and bridge type free agents. I wouldn’t even mind rolling over a decent amount of cap this year to help our future.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have that huge turnaround in year one but I think year 3 is more realistic so I want them to be cautious about overspending right now

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I’m assuming we are on the same page (although full transparency I’m not 100% sure this means what I think it does)

What im saying is there are teams in situations where one particular difference maker may be worth overpaying for.

I don’t believe we are that team right now. We need to build a team that fits our coach which means we will need a lot of young talent and bridge type free agents. I wouldn’t even mind rolling over a decent amount of cap this year to help our future.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have that huge turnaround in year one but I think year 3 is more realistic so I want them to be cautious about overspending right now
I think you are on the same page as Chris. I also think that the coaching staff is not sure what they have from the last 2 years draft wise. So cutting a lot now is probably a mistake in their eyes. But the foundation is looking interesting.

GemCity

Reaction score
Not a player but I have something that rhymes with crickets. I’m getting old as hell and have rickets. My heart is like tick tick tick skips a beat and I think “oh shit”.

Not sure if that’s what we have in mind but if so, where do I sign?

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m all for keeping quiet. I’m anxious…but I also think JS and MM are going to do this right.

Even if it means a couple/few insufferable years. I assume that it’s going to take at least that…to get back into contention.

No Greg Olsen signings please.

chris98251

Reaction score

Yeah we are, this year is about getting the foundation and establishing the Mac identity in our teams mindset. After we see what comes together next year may be about the tweeks and filling specific holes, the third year I think we look at splash players if we don't pick up guys in the draft.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is pretty par for the course, not sure why we get surprised every year by it.