Hawks players want Bobby back

Rat

Reaction score
Come on man. No need to flex your internet muscles. Brooks is not even close to trash. Geezus man.
Jordyn "Trash" Brooks was only marginally better than Barton, who was an otherworldly level of suck. Marginally better than "otherworldly level of suck" is well inside the "trash" platform.

No shame admitting that the succession plan from Wagz was horribly botched. Hopefully a replacement is coming in the near future.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is where Bobby acting as his own agent might be a detriment to a return to Seattle.

He doesn't have an agent telling him that his value is nowhere near what it was last year, and that he needs to be more realistic this off season.

My guess that's the holdup on Bobby signing anywhere right now, he still thinks he's worth 10+M a year, and again he doesn't have that realistic middle person/agent to talk sense into him.

Probably where Pete and John's "we had a very candid conversation with Bobby" comments came from. They do want him back, but nowhere near his price.

chrispy

Reaction score
There's a difference playing behind Aaron Donald too. BWagz had good results last year. Had he been playing behind the Seahawk's '22 DLine, he'd have looked much different. Sacks would be 0. Tackle numbers would be high, but very few for loss. I'm just saying that a MLB doesn't play in a vacuum.

Of course he'd add some beneficial pieces to the Seahawks D. He also could bring some baggage. So, as we all already know, it's down to money and motivation. On both of those subjects we're all just speculating.

If I were BWagz, I'd wait until week 3 or 4 to see who really has a contender. Then go cheap. ...like Suh has done a few times.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There's a difference playing behind Aaron Donald too. BWagz had good results last year. Had he been playing behind the Seahawk's '22 DLine, he'd have looked much different. Sacks would be 0. Tackle numbers would be high, but very few for loss. I'm just saying that a MLB doesn't play in a vacuum.

Bobby's probably 70% of the player he used to be, but that's 100% better than anything else we have on the roster right now.

So my guess is we and he are waiting until after the rest of free agency and the draft to see exactly how desperate we are to move closer to his number for a one year deal to plug in the MLB spot.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I would rather take KJ all day than Bobby.

I always believed Wagner was terrible in pass D.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Here's an idea... get those players wanting him back to convince Bobby to take the vet minimum salary. That would work for me. lol
Or, hey - they could all chip in!

Brady style. That's right baby!

Let's pass the hat!

I want him back too - for a season - very similar to what soul said. A bridge - and I've said it before him and Bruce - and a couple stud LB from the draft - they can show them the ropes for a year.

I don't like the person that's quoted, but I like the quote: "Don't tell me your values. Show me your budget, and I tell you what your values are."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I would rather take KJ all day than Bobby.

I always believed Wagner was terrible in pass D.
Well KJ ain't lobbying for himself to come back, he's recruiting bobby ;)

And, to your second point. Um, yea, fortunately the runD was a pit from hell last year - so the fact that bwags is terrible in pass D - meh. Let him do his thing on the Run game - that's what we need! In the 3-4 he's got a clone! Let the clone run pass D!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If brooks was worth keeping around we wouldn’t have had a bottom 3 run defense. Couldn’t stop the run even when we knew it was a run play. Brooks is literally the definition of meh. Anytime your D can’t get off the field your linebackers are gonna rack up the tackles
That's true, I mean Bobby's last year with the Seahawks? he was still rackin' up the tackles to beat hell, so, does that mean that the big buck$ that he was being paid and the Defense to STILL NOT get the hell off the field justify pouring MORE money into keeping him on the roster?
A Fan favorite for sure, but a luxury player that didn't quite justify keeping him around, elsewise Pete would have insisted on John to find a way to Keep him here, yes?, no?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It’s incredibly hard being the guy who follows THE guy. Brooks is by no means trash - he just isn’t Bobby.
I Feel like he COULD be KJ if he develops on the outside, draft that big old mlb and sign bob wagner, lets go

nwHawk

Reaction score
Vegas. From Ontario and played college ball in Utah. He’s a west coast dude. Las Vegas is where KJ ended it too. We shall see.

Latest posts