Hawks '14 Off-Season Trans | Sherman Signs Extension

chihawk

Reaction score
A bunch of cap questions...

Does anyone know what our available cap space is based on the transactions that have so far taken place?
How much of that would be used for draft picks?
Can any unused cap space be carried over to next year (or was that only something they did for a couple of years)?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Last I heard it's 17-18 million Draft picks usually use a couple million. And yes we can do the rollover trick anytime but it only works for that year and doesn't stack.

ballard1951

Reaction score
Brandon Browner ✔ @bbrowner27
Today, I am proud to announce that I am a New England Patriot. I am honored
that the Patriots are (cont) http://tl.gd/n91u9j
12:16 AM - 15 Mar 2014

Darelle Revis & Browner can almost compete with Sherman & Maxwell as the best CBs in the NFL

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 4m
TE Zach Miller agrees to new deal with the #Seahawks. New contract will allow him to stay with team 2014 AND 2015.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score

theascension

Reaction score
I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a veteran of some kind wanting to chase a ring on our team but I'm very happy with how our team stands right now.
I think we still might pickup a cheap lineman but that's it for FA.

davidonmi

Reaction score
To answer your question, they'll still be 2 slow to stop kaepernick. I think San Fran has their number

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1wre7jfs said:
According to Softy from KJR / Tate's agent, Golden Tate turned down a 5 year, 35 million deal with 17.5 mil guaranteed from the Seahawks to explore the open market.

Is this true?

ballard1951

Reaction score
Ian Rapaport 8:42 PM yesterday:

@RapSheet: Seahawks and DT Henry Melton are deep in negotiations tonight, per source. We’ll see if he makes it to Dallas for his visit

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If it is true with Tate then he wasn't prepared to give a discount as advertised and his moaning is BS.

ballard1951

Reaction score
"The Seahawks had made a “really, really, really low” offer 10 days ago, according to Tate, before upping the number significantly Wednesday while his agent negotiated with the Lions. At the Lions’ facility, Tate received what the Seahawks said was their final offer. He signed with Detroit."

"What I was going to get in the first (year with Detroit) was close to what (the Seahawks) were going to give me over a couple years, so I had to jump."

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 42m
Giants and former Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

ballard1951

Reaction score
SonicHawk":sqd3rnsu said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 42m
Giants and former Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

And our cap space is suddenly 20.3 mill

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I honestly don't care about or for Thurmond. Solid player, but he said he was one bad injury away from retirement because of how grueling the rehab is and he's one pee test showing positive away from a year's suspension. Plus, he looked like garbage in the slot in the playoffs. Glad he's gone, wouldn't have cared if he went to SF either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":34hlti52 said:
Thanks for this thread SonicHawk. Great idea.
Absolutely agree bigtrain.
Down the road aways, it will be interesting to read all the facts on all the players that are coming and going.