Has the Seattle media ever called for the firing of Bevell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksny

Reaction score
BigBill1945":3co7bwax said:
Amazing. Nobody seemed to mind when this same crew including Bevell were on staff when we won the superbowl in 2013. I did not see anyone ask him to be fired then. Get real. We have a sh*t offensive line. It has been the problem all season long. Russell has been rushed and sacked more than ever. Our receivers have not gotten much separation either. Bevell does not block for Russell. The offensive line will be the downfall of us if we do not make it to the superbowl.

This

Now let's move on please.
It seems that every thread has to do with firing Bevell

Is it possible that any bevell threads are moved off of the main forum?

If not, then no problem, but it seems that the topic could could be.... snow white and seven dwarfs. Yet somehow, somewhere, it will be tied back to musollini Bevell

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
seahawksny":vodywubt said:
BigBill1945":vodywubt said:
Amazing. Nobody seemed to mind when this same crew including Bevell were on staff when we won the superbowl in 2013. I did not see anyone ask him to be fired then. Get real. We have a sh*t offensive line. It has been the problem all season long. Russell has been rushed and sacked more than ever. Our receivers have not gotten much separation either. Bevell does not block for Russell. The offensive line will be the downfall of us if we do not make it to the superbowl.

This

If not, then no problem, but it seems that the topic could could be.... snow white and seven dwarfs. Yet somehow, somewhere, it will be tied back to musollini Bevell

Uhh wrong. There were plenty of folks who had issues with his play calling even during that year. The ridiculous bubble screens, the empty backfields on goal from the 1, and it goes on.

This thread and topic was not about anyone on his board but rather if the Seattle media has seen and mentioned what many have on this board has witnessed for years. Because you win a game or even the the Super Bowl does not mean all on your team is right. Yes the line is a nightmare but his decision making in both play calling and how he is using personnel is what is being called into question. That's what this thread is about.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seabowl":35xd2hvz said:
seahawksny":35xd2hvz said:
BigBill1945":35xd2hvz said:

This

Uhh wrong. There were plenty of folks who had issues with his play calling even during that year. The ridiculous bubble screens, the empty backfields on goal from the 1, and it goes on.

This thread and topic was not about anyone on his board but rather if the Seattle media has seen and mentioned what many have on this board has witnessed for years. Because you win a game or even the the Super Bowl does not mean all on your team is right. Yes the line is a nightmare but his decision making in both play calling and how he is using personnel is what is being called into question. That's what this thread is about.

Exactly my point.
Thread is seattle media.
You're response talks about bubble screens and his playcalling...

Seattle media was thread.
Yet it all comes down to same thing. How we as fans don't like his play calling.

As I said.. let's move on.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Basis4day":123tn6v0 said:
irocdave":123tn6v0 said:
If this season ends the way it looks like it's going to, both coordinators should be looking for a job.

You mean with a playoff birth?

5 straight, let alone one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Brock is an ex Seahawk, most the rest of the media is either paid by the Seahawks to do games or they have rights to broadcast or are team affiliated, your going to get very little push back from most of them. There are no real Newspapers in town anymore either, the Seattle Mariners umm Times isn't what it used to be, no Seattle PI. Nobody wants to go out on a limb and get blacklisted to the only real game in town as far as sports, I know the Sounders are Champions but like the WNBA just don't rank high enough Nationally or even locally to garner the attention the Seahawks, Mariners and yes Washington Huskies get.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
seahawksny":1m4x95aa said:
seabowl":1m4x95aa said:
seahawksny":1m4x95aa said:
BigBill1945":1m4x95aa said:

This

Exactly my point.
Thread is seattle media.
You're response talks about bubble screens and his playcalling...

Seattle media was thread.
Yet it all comes down to same thing. How we as fans don't like his play calling.

As I said.. let's move on.

Ok so don't look or respond to this thread. "Your" problem is solved.

McGruff

Reaction score
seahawksny":p5xgha30 said:
BigBill1945":p5xgha30 said:

This

I agree . . . Except this thread is explicitly about Bevell and even Bevell being fired, thus making the discussion entirely appropriate.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The OP was a big whine about "Why doesn't the Seattle media support my opinion about the (whatever-boring-fire-Bevell-rant) problems that I have?"

If this franchise sucked then I'm sure they would be plenty critical, it happened plenty of times in past, losing-decades.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
seahawksny":2djkuw0e said:
Yes the malcolm Butler INT hurt me as a fan, but not nearly as much as "we're gonna win, and we're gonna score." As that play was just another link of a chain resulting in no championships

You are kidding right? Also the Malcolm Butler INT resulted in no championship as well, not to mention, a much higher stake game.

Jville

Reaction score
seabowl":jo8a4soz said:
Living in NY the media here is relentless when dealing with sports figures that are not getting the job done. Has anyone seen someone from the Seattle media write an article or say on the air their real displeasure with Bevell and call for his departure? Again living in NY this would have been done years ago and I don't think there would be any way he or the team could weather the storm that the NY media and fans would put on the situation. Thank you.

Screw New York and its self serving media. New York shapes and alters coverage to suite its own self serving narrative. When it comes to actual Seahawks coverage, Seattle sets the standard.

Go Hawks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
McGruff":5uieidpq said:
The simple fact is that Bevell has not failed. At least that is Petes opinion to this point. And it's hard to argue with that opinion given the results on the field and in the record book.

See, i can't get on board with the Bevell train, either. It's pretty clear to me that Seattle has succeeded not necessarily because of Bevell but because of the mobility and unique improvisational skill of Russell Wilson. Most of our big plays happen because he can pull things out of his rear at any time.

You might argue that most offensive coordinators could say that, that most offenses need a QB who can make things happen when a play design breaks down, and I would agree. I see Bevell neither as the reason we're losing (at least not since last year's bye), nor really the reason we're winning. If he were to go, I'd shrug. If he were to stay, I'd yawn. The quarterback is ultimately the driver of an offense's success - not the OC, not the offensive line - and we have a great one. So I'm good.

The biggest areas of improvement I see on this team are WR, CB2, and pass-rushing DT.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Jville":7otya9uo said:
seabowl":7otya9uo said:
Living in NY the media here is relentless when dealing with sports figures that are not getting the job done. Has anyone seen someone from the Seattle media write an article or say on the air their real displeasure with Bevell and call for his departure? Again living in NY this would have been done years ago and I don't think there would be any way he or the team could weather the storm that the NY media and fans would put on the situation. Thank you.

Screw New York and its self serving media. New York shapes and alters coverage to suite its own self serving narrative. When it comes to actual Seahawks coverage, Seattle sets the standard.

Go Hawks!

:34853_doh:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1r9ev0ej said:
The "throwing on the goalline" issue? Last I checked, everyone WANTED Jimmy Graham targeted in the red zone. Make up your minds.
If all throwing situations, formations, and personnel assignments based on the defensive personnel you're facing were created equal, then this would NOT be an incredibly obtuse statement.

However...

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Anyway, I heard Mike Salk on friday (after Sherman's incident) saying that he thinks Bevell should be "cut" by the end of the season. I was pleasently surprised ...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Joyodongo":2ay2gos6 said:
Anyway, I heard Mike Salk on friday (after Sherman's incident) saying that he thinks Bevell should be "cut" by the end of the season. I was pleasently surprised ...

The problem with this argument maybe problems not the right word. hypocrisy, thats the word im looking for. Anyone can point to any given play that didn't work.

-Yet they ignore the 100s of plays that do work
-They ignore the fact that Bevell masterfully brought RW along, Developing him and helping to mold him into the superstar he is today. If not for Bevell RW could of turned into Mike Glennon, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Colt MCCoy, Kevin O'conell, (the other QBs drafted in third round since 2008)
-Also developing UDFA WR's who have played major parts on the team, Baldwin, Kearse, Rawls
-Seamlessly integrated a bunch of big time egos and personalities.
-Won a super bowl,
-Got to back to back super bowls
-Got to playoffs 5 years in a row

All the while, having less cap space resource then the majority of the nfl.........

gowazzu02

Reaction score
gowazzu02":38rr323g said:
Joyodongo":38rr323g said:

The problem with this argument maybe problems not the right word. hypocrisy, thats the word im looking for. Anyone can point to any given play that didn't work.

-They ignore the fact that Bevell masterfully brought RW along, Developing him and helping to mold him into the superstar he is today. If not for Bevell RW could of turned into Mike Glennon, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Colt MCCoy, Kevin O'conell, (the other QBs drafted in third round since 2008)
-Also developing UDFA WR's who have played major parts on the team, Baldwin, Kearse, Rawls
-Won a super bowl,

All the while, having less cap space resource then the majority of the nfl.........

Lord how did I forget... this year,

-Gotten the offense to Middle of the road with a (hitting caps lock) UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENT STARTING AT LEFT TACKLE. Some call LT the most important position on the team after qb and we have a gd UDFA there.

-Also starting a rookie at RG,

-And has a combo of Gilliam and Sowell at RT.

It's amazing this offense is able to get a first down with that line.

Largent80

Reaction score
gowazzu02":5wgmi7sn said:
gowazzu02":5wgmi7sn said:
Joyodongo":5wgmi7sn said:

-Won a super bowl,

Lord how did I forget... this year,

-Gotten the offense to Middle of the road with a (hitting caps lock) UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENT STARTING AT LEFT TACKLE. Some call LT the most important position on the team after qb and we have a gd UDFA there.

-Also starting a rookie at RG,

-And has a combo of Gilliam and Sowell at RT.

It's amazing this offense is able to get a first down with that line.

Don't you dare point out deficiencies.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":14qk2dh2 said:
seahawksny":14qk2dh2 said:
Yes the malcolm Butler INT hurt me as a fan, but not nearly as much as "we're gonna win, and we're gonna score." As that play was just another link of a chain resulting in no championships

You are kidding right? Also the Malcolm Butuler INT resulted in no championship as well, not to mention, a much higher stake game.

No.. I'm not kidding

SB 40 resulted in no super bowl EVER.

we're gonna win..we're gonna score etc... no super bowl. EVER

After 48, we could never say that again.

Why.... is that so hard to understand?

seahawksny

Reaction score
McGruff":1vzk8p6v said:
seahawksny":1vzk8p6v said:
BigBill1945":1vzk8p6v said:

This

I agree . . . Except this thread is explicitly about Bevell and even Bevell being fired, thus making the discussion entirely appropriate.

Wrong.
It's about what the media thinks of bevell. Not what we as fans think

Status
Not open for further replies.