Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker84

Reaction score
Seriously guys. Why do we let Niner fans troll our main board so much now? Its really offputting to have to read constantly. Makes me second guess how much time i want to spend on the site. I come to discuss Hawks. Not read Niner fans having to give their 2 cents on every subject.

I am also contemplating not posting here much anymore because of this. There is another Hawk board I check out from time to time but that one has way less whiner 'blah" "blah" "blah".
I will probably be over there more if these niner trolls don't start disappearing.

T-Sizzle:
Weak. Posts like these make me ashamed to be associated with fans with this attitude. Some fans that post here are so mentally weak or insecure....maybe both. Until I joined this board I didn't know how the majority of fans acted. I will have to say Im disapointed by the overreaction. You were all fine with it yesterday and today you choose to cry about it? Grow up.

:thumbup:

hawker84

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly we were in every game last season, shoulda coulda won at least two additional games if not for the defense , our offense improved on a weekly basis, last half of the season , we were as dangerous as anybody in the league on offense, and all that without Harvin..

If he's able to play - bonus
If not - nothing changes

Go Hawks!!

misfit

Reaction score
someone on another forum said they saw on espn news that harvin is out for the season?!?!?!?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
misfit":3v30smld said:
someone on another forum said they saw on espn news that harvin is out for the season?!?!?!?

I have a waterfront condo on the moon I'd like you to take a look at, brother.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Anyone just listen to ET3 on 950 KJR. They asked him about Percy Harvin and whether they're talking about it in the lockerroom and worrying. His response (I'm paraphrasing), "Next man up. We went far last year without him. We have great receivers-guys that can be just as good."

No longer worried!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
misfit":323oaf29 said:

Yeah i'm hearing basically "if" he needs surgery, hes out for the season...

That might make sense at week 8, we are in training camp. What the hell? I don't understand why a "minor labrum tear" couldn't be dealt with in like 2 months... But I know nothing about medicine.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
-The Glove-":8zd9kswu said:
Anyone just listen to ET3 on 950 KJR. They asked him about Percy Harvin and whether they're talking about it in the lockerroom and worrying. His response (I'm paraphrasing), "Next man up. We went far last year without him. We have great receivers-guys that can be just as good."

No longer worried!

Nothing he said is anything we didn't already know... Im just as worried

-The Glove-

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":n0vvtz6t said:
-The Glove-":n0vvtz6t said:

No longer worried!

Nothing he said is anything we didn't already know... Im just as worried
That's fine.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.

sutz

Reaction score
SNDavidson":hpooz6ul said:
It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.
Yeah, but they put a premium price on rat poison. We better wait until the next sale on that. :)

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
SNDavidson":20kq012l said:

I appreciate the references to Washington living out here, where we have a grocery store called "Piggly Wiggly".

You could have been even more "Washington" by referencing Fred Meyer, though.

lukerguy

Reaction score
AlaskanViking":1jrkrrde said:
Vikings fan here. Not looking to "talk smack", only to give my 2 cents on a WR who I have followed very closely for his entire NFL career.

First off, Percy is a heck of a weapon on offense. Whenever he plays you guys are going to be happy with him. His elusiveness with the ball in his hands is just silly. He is also tough as nails on gamedays, not shying away from contact at all, almost to the point of being reckless (when he was a Viking I used to worry about how long of a career he would have). His ability to run out of the backfield, both inside and outside the tackles, gives him that "gadget factor" where defenses always have to account for him no matter where he is on the field. He is amazing at getting YAC. I read someone on here say that he wasn't a fit on a Ponder-led offense, and that isn't true at all. With QBs like that who are best with short quick passes, Harvin is the perfect WR. It makes more sense to go for high-completion short passes and let Percy rack up YAC. He rarely saw deep passes downfield.

That being said, you are now getting your first taste of Percy World. He hates to practice. A lot. He also is nicked up a lot with nagging injuries. For as long as he's in the NFL, there will always be drama surrounding Percy Harvin. It's sad, because his attitude didn't really turn so poor until Randy Moss came back for that brief stint with the Vikings. Percy reportedly followed Moss around like a lost puppy and was enamored with him. Moss behaved horribly in his short return to Minnesota (ex: the lunchroom incident where Moss blew up and screamed that he wouldn't feed the team caterer's food to his dog). After Moss was let go, Harvin and then-coach Brad Childress got into a heated altercation, and Percy hurled a weight at Childress (although it didn't hit him).

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Percy ends up being fine medically and this was a way to get out of some practices. You can decide for yourselves how much that does or doesn't bother you. There was a time when those antics made Vikings fans say "Meh, as long as he plays on Sundays..." But over time, the constant off-field drama and prima-donna behavior wore on people and chased him out of Minnesota. It's not often you see teams trade away talented WRs in their prime. Especially since at the time we had a completely bare WR cupboard without Harvin. I don't want to see Percy fail in Seattle, the trade is done now and both teams got what they wanted. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

Good post. Thank you.

For the guy who posted below asking "how this can be drama when he has an injury"..Well you just don't understand because you haven't been following Harvin his whole career. What AlaskanViking is saying is, "He may need surgery, but there's a good chance this is just Percy not wanting to practice".

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Im calling BS on this whole thing. Harvin will play at least 14 games this season. The rest of this is just one big head fake.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Just listened to Carroll's press conference yesterday...

Am I the only one frankly embarrassed that the local media asked THREE questions on Harvin only, for a grand total of just over a minute's reaction???

Then moved on to how "exciting" it was to see James Carpenter back and asking how Tarvaris Jackson looked on day one.

??????????????????????

Three vague answers on Harvin and we all move on skipping to the next easy subject.

Good grief.

Hawks46

Reaction score
lukerguy":32uz2m36 said:
AlaskanViking":32uz2m36 said:
Vikings fan here. Not looking to "talk smack", only to give my 2 cents on a WR who I have followed very closely for his entire NFL career.

First off, Percy is a heck of a weapon on offense. Whenever he plays you guys are going to be happy with him. His elusiveness with the ball in his hands is just silly. He is also tough as nails on gamedays, not shying away from contact at all, almost to the point of being reckless (when he was a Viking I used to worry about how long of a career he would have). His ability to run out of the backfield, both inside and outside the tackles, gives him that "gadget factor" where defenses always have to account for him no matter where he is on the field. He is amazing at getting YAC. I read someone on here say that he wasn't a fit on a Ponder-led offense, and that isn't true at all. With QBs like that who are best with short quick passes, Harvin is the perfect WR. It makes more sense to go for high-completion short passes and let Percy rack up YAC. He rarely saw deep passes downfield.

That being said, you are now getting your first taste of Percy World. He hates to practice. A lot. He also is nicked up a lot with nagging injuries. For as long as he's in the NFL, there will always be drama surrounding Percy Harvin. It's sad, because his attitude didn't really turn so poor until Randy Moss came back for that brief stint with the Vikings. Percy reportedly followed Moss around like a lost puppy and was enamored with him. Moss behaved horribly in his short return to Minnesota (ex: the lunchroom incident where Moss blew up and screamed that he wouldn't feed the team caterer's food to his dog). After Moss was let go, Harvin and then-coach Brad Childress got into a heated altercation, and Percy hurled a weight at Childress (although it didn't hit him).

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Percy ends up being fine medically and this was a way to get out of some practices. You can decide for yourselves how much that does or doesn't bother you. There was a time when those antics made Vikings fans say "Meh, as long as he plays on Sundays..." But over time, the constant off-field drama and prima-donna behavior wore on people and chased him out of Minnesota. It's not often you see teams trade away talented WRs in their prime. Especially since at the time we had a completely bare WR cupboard without Harvin. I don't want to see Percy fail in Seattle, the trade is done now and both teams got what they wanted. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

Good post. Thank you.

For the guy who posted below asking "how this can be drama when he has an injury"..Well you just don't understand because you haven't been following Harvin his whole career. What AlaskanViking is saying is, "He may need surgery, but there's a good chance this is just Percy not wanting to practice".

Here's the thing: Pete and John don't put up with that crap. If he starts being a prima donna, or we don't see him in TC like, ever, then he'll be down the road. You don't treat anyone other than your QB like he's irreplaceable, especially with the talent that we mine from the mid rounds. Hell, Tate can do all of what Harvin can do, if not to the same degree, and Tate high points and fights for the ball better than Harvin does.

We paid Houshmandzadeh how much to go away and play for someone else ? As soon as it won't slaughter our cap, Harvin will be gone in a heartbeat, and forget about getting a big contract again....just ask Moss, Terrell Owens, etc. So I really don't see Percy holding anyone hostage.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lukerguy":2roxlr0d said:
AlaskanViking":2roxlr0d said:

Good post. Thank you.

But didn't an mri show a slight tear? How is he to pull that off?

Status
Not open for further replies.