Happy draft day!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the acquisitions of new players to this team. Draft day is like Christmas morning for football fans. The only difference is it’s not starting now and I still have to go to work! Still looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the various meltdowns over the Seahawks not picking who all the keyboard warriors are absolutely certain is the next greatest all pro at each position!
The NFL Draft is fun on lots of levels.

James in PA

Reaction score
My predictions:

The Seahawks will trade back from 16.

At least 5 QBs will be drafted before pick 16.

The Seahawks will draft at least one player from Michigan and Washington.

The Eagles will trade up for their first pick and/or do something really splashy. The media, in turn, will be kissing their asses. "Howie does it again!"

GemCity

Reaction score
I second the trade down. It does suck not getting a Day 1 guy but, I’m hoping we can commit highway robbery and snag two second rounders.

Wouldn’t it be crazy if we end up with a top 2-3 Edge and Penix?

Exciting for sure!!! Can’t wait man.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Most recent news today is that teams will be trying to trade up for OT. Could this mean a QB slide? That could lead to better and better trade down opportunities.
I have been fine with taking Troy Fautana until it's come out he's got a medical flag 🚩- knee issue. No thanks. We've already got one of those putting us in this spot. I'd like Fuaga over Fautana but I don't think either will be there at 16.
Trade down twice if possible and take Edgerrin Cooper + add some picks. I don’t know if there's a surefire starter, other than a top tackle. So, get more picks and draft best prospects /bpa. Cooper DeJean also has me intrigued, but I'm hoping for the other Cooper.

Go Hawks!

GemCity

Reaction score
It's my 10th wedding anniversary today! I'll have to be low key with draft information tonight. Ugh, why does it have to start so late? Noon Eastern seems like a good time to me.
Happy Anniversary!!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
My predictions:

The Seahawks will trade back from 16.

At least 5 QBs will be drafted before pick 16.

The Seahawks will draft at least one player from Michigan and Washington.

The Eagles will trade up for their first pick and/or do something really splashy. The media, in turn, will be kissing their asses. "Howie does it again!"
if 5 QBS are taken before us we aren't trading back.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Most recent news today is that teams will be trying to trade up for OT. Could this mean a QB slide? That could lead to better and better trade down opportunities.
I have been fine with taking Troy Fautana until it's come out he's got a medical flag 🚩- knee issue. No thanks. We've already got one of those putting us in this spot. I'd like Fuaga over Fautana but I don't think either will be there at 16.
Trade down twice if possible and take Edgerrin Cooper + add some picks. I don’t know if there's a surefire starter, other than a top tackle. So, get more picks and draft best prospects /bpa. Cooper DeJean also has me intrigued, but I'm hoping for the other Cooper.

Go Hawks!
that would be wild!!

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
if 5 QBS are taken before us we aren't trading back.
Gotta disagree with you on this. If 5 QBs are taken before pick 16, there will be a run on OTs. Simple matter of supply and demand. Regardless of what happens before pick 16, I believe there is a better than 50% chance they trade out of 16 for additional draft capitol.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I wish we would just pick a potential blue chipper at #16 and then quit making expensive trades that necessitate trading back for more picks. It's a big reason why this roster decayed over the years.
exactly why I say we stay at 16. We will essentially have pick of the litter on the defensive side. Your chances of getting a difference maker on defense skyrocket. You get value and need going defense at 16.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Gotta disagree with you on this. If 5 QBs are taken before pick 16, there will be a run on OTs. Simple matter of supply and demand. Regardless of what happens before pick 16, I believe there is a better than 50% chance they trade out of 16 for additional draft capitol.
I think this scenario would make my case even stronger for staying put. You will have at least 3 bluechip WR's that will likely go before we pick as well. we would have a top 5 defensive guy fall to us. No way we pass that up.

Latest posts