great post from fieldgulls

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I feel people are slowly coming out of the grief and starting to see how good our team is so I will repost this......

in the comments section

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-...s-with-heartbreaking-loss-to-falcons#comments

We came into this season off of back to back 7-9 seasons. We went to the playoffs AS a 7-9 team (shows you how bad the NFC west used to be) I’m sure no one expected or believed we would be a few plays away from making the NFC championship this year. I personally said if we can go 8-8 or 9-7 with RW3 becoming the starter about half way through the year, that would be a win. Instead, what happened was RW beat out both Flynnsanity and Tjax for the starting job. He has inspired this locker room, become a leader and epitomized the idea of a blue collar athlete. Every loss we had this year was by 7 points or less. That is read as every loss we have had this year, we have had a chance to win. With a rookie QB at the helm. On the one hand, I am heartbroken at how my team lost, when we easily could have won. Kicking a FG either at the end of the half, or on the 4th and 1, and this game is over, we go to SF and we play for the NFC championship. On the other hand, the Hawks highly exceeded my expectations, RW3 had one of the best years as a rookie QB and he has shown me that he has ice in his veins, cold blooded. While the window is closing on some teams, our window has just opened. We are a young team, with a core group of young guys (second youngest team in the league) that can only grow and get better. 12th man, keep your chin up, cry your tears, and mend your broken hearts. We did something special this year, something we never would have expected. We have the draft to look forward to (something i’ll probably rant about later) and people coming off injury. Not alot of UFA so we will keep our team around. We almost came back from 20-0 to beat the number 1 team. We’ll continue to grow and we will come back next year…..

BIGGER
FASTER
STRONGER
LOUDER

Go Hawks.

samwize77

Reaction score
Right on!! I'm still holding my head up and yelling GO HAWKS!!!...all the way into next year!!!

bellingerga

Reaction score
Exactly how I'm feeling. This year far exceeded my expectations and we are going to have some great years ahead of us.

With the way Pete and Scheider draft, even our off-seasons have some excitement. Can't wait to see Mel Kiper during the draft this year =)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Excellent outlook. I was mad/sad at the conclusion of the game. But I'm already not feeling bad about things and looking forward to a great future.

Latest posts