Great assessment of Geno's probable next contract

olyfan63

Reaction score
With the tape he has put out this season with poor instincts, I doubt he is signed again. I think this is his last season in the NFL.
I profess lack of expertise on this specific topic; some people seem to really like Barton, but most seem to hate him. I just see he gets blown up a lot. The one thing he has going for him is he did pick off Brady in the TB game, by being in the right place at the right time.

I think there are a few Barton threads so I'll try not to belabor or derail things here. I was using Barton as an example of an obvious upgrade opportunity, where even if we upgrade, he is serviceable NFL-level depth for injury next-man-up coverage. Kind of like Jacob Hollister at TE in 2020 when we were 1 Hollister foot from winning the division. That said, Barton could potentially be better, and more cheaply replaced by a 5th round draft pick. KJ 2.0 anyone?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Much still remains to be seen over the rest of the season. I hope he gets a kings ransom after leading the Hawks to a SB victory and a MVP trophy.
Just going deep into the playoffs will pay big dividends, anything more will be icing on the cake.
I would like to see Geno holding the the Lombardi and announcing "He still ain't write back"!!
Let's see how the season finishes up...
Love it! My script would be, as Geno holds up the Lombardi, "I ain't write back--until now! To those who wrote me off... this is your reply!"

Of course, Geno would never do that, in that moment, because it would distract from the TEAM. He'd be more likely to call up Tyler and DK with him for his post-game presser, or the whole OL, or the whole TE position group.