Got what we wished for -

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
A little light on details - but I like what I'm reading here:

We/many wanted it blown up. Well blown up it appears to be!

Looking forward to it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Geno is great though. He'll do a wonderful job of setting the offense up.

Many people forget, Geno Smith is one of the most in prolific passers in college football history.

While you're wetting your sheets over the QB class this draft. Remember this.

Geno Smith would be the #1 overall pick in this draft.

SeaWolv

Reaction score

Many people forget, Geno Smith is one of the most in prolific passers in college football history.

Geno is above average by NFL standards, not elite like Mahomes, Burrow or Allen. The problem is he's about to be 34 and most likely on the back side of his career. They need to be looking at next season and that's where Geno comes in. They also need to be looking at the next 5 seasons and beyond, and that's not likely to be Geno.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Very excited for the offense this year. Change will be nice, really enjoyed what Grubb ran at UW. Biggest potential issue as it has been forever is OL play. When Geno had league average time, he was efficient as hell and a top 10 QB. Gotta be a priority getting the line play MUCH better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Completely different ? Well put some rib padding on Geno and Knee braces, learning curves in the NFL are painful when everyone has to learn something new.

But I look forward to not being predictable, having a scheme that utilizes all our weapons for a change, will be fun at the same time we will be pulling our hair out as well.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'll be interested in how much presnap movement they do. You can't have 2 guys in motion at the same time but you can move prior to getting in your stance and lining up correct?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think it could be our opponents who will have the biggest adjustment to make when playing us, and they don't know exactly what the correct adjustment might be. Geno and our guys will have the advantage of at least knowing what it is they intend to do. My hope is that proves to be true on both sides of the ball.

sutz

Reaction score
I'll be interested in how much presnap movement they do. You can't have 2 guys in motion at the same time but you can move prior to getting in your stance and lining up correct?
Yes. Everybody has to be set for one second before the snap. One guy can then go in motion.

Rat

Reaction score

He was a second-rounder in a weak draft with a QB-needy team picking first.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm on board. It can turn out to be pretty pleasing to see, or pretty ugly, probably more so, a liitle bit of both. It was past time to turn the page though.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Very excited for the offense this year. Change will be nice, really enjoyed what Grubb ran at UW. Biggest potential issue as it has been forever is OL play. When Geno had league average time, he was efficient as hell and a top 10 QB. Gotta be a priority getting the line play MUCH better.
First part is mostly my point.

Just excited for the change. Was excited for Waldron's O - but that fizzled out.

It's a new day - and it's clear that status quo = gone. On many fronts, including the whole O scheme.

I couldn't be happier. And I could give a rat's ass how good/bad/great/clutch/nonclutch/whatever the F Geno is or isn't.

Just happy for the sabre rattling and the change. It's refreshing.

As an additional note - I just liked the part where 'typically OC's will keep fragments of the old scheme/terminology/etc for familiarization' - made me laugh when I remembered Me3 trying to run the Donks offense with Hawks calls - THAT was funny.

Blow it up (which they have) and whoever can keep up, can keep up. Whoever can't, can't. So be it.