Geno Restructure?

bigcc

Reaction score
Geno will be traded. Everyone knows that after this season, Geno's trade value will be zero if he has a bad season.
His trade value is already near zero at the moment

Lots of QB's in FA, and a deep qb class.

Only argument that can be made, is that us eating the roster bonus makes his contract a bit more appealing, but at this juncture, if you don't want him here, prepare to be disappointed.

If they were moving on, they needed to cut him a couple weeks ago before his salary was guaranteed

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Wasn't a pissing contest from my understanding, now how much of this is coming from which camp, I don't know, but you can get the general situation

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Enemkpali believed Smith owed him the money after he originally bought the quarterback a ticket to attend his July 11 football camp in Pflugerville, Texas. Days before the camp, “a person close to Smith” was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith could not attend the camp. Enemkpali demanded Smith pay him back the cost of the flight, which Smith did not. He confronted him in the locker room about it Tuesday, and it ended with him punching Smith and breaking his jaw. Schefter adds that Smith intended to pay his then-teammate back but had yet to do so.
Not to mention, teammates said Geno was being flippant during the conversation before he got punched.

Kind of like he was with the arresting officer of his DUI stop.

Last edited:

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
His trade value is already near zero at the moment

Lots of QB's in FA, and a deep qb class.

Only argument that can be made, is that us eating the roster bonus makes his contract a bit more appealing, but at this juncture, if you don't want him here, prepare to be disappointed.

If they were moving on, they needed to cut him a couple weeks ago before his salary was guaranteed
Seahawks were doing him a solid for his loyalty. They'll trade him and stick the receiving team with his contract value.

bigcc

Reaction score
Exactly. And it's convinced me that Pete wasn't the only problem in the front office.
I've been trying to hammer that point home for a while lol.....

Nobody knows what the division of responsibility was, which is why I find it hilarious when people try to bash Pete for personnel choices, but praise Schneider for the good ones.

Can't have it both ways lol. People need to remember Pete was the one who hired Schneider, and kept him these 14 years.

You can't really divorce the two in previous years

Riddle me this, if John and Pete switched ages before this offseason, think it's still Pete getting replaced?

I really don't expect some sudden paradigm shift, and Geno staying seems to suggest it

Parallax

Reaction score
I've been trying to hammer that point home for a while lol.....

Nobody knows what the division of responsibility was, which is why I find it hilarious when people try to bash Pete for personnel choices, but praise Schneider for the good ones.

Can't have it both ways lol. People need to remember Pete was the one who hired Schneider, and kept him these 14 years.

You can't really divorce the two in previous years

Riddle me this, if John and Pete switched ages before this offseason, think it's still Pete getting replaced?

I really don't expect some sudden paradigm shift, and Geno staying seems to suggest it
Well, Pete was the defensive guru who couldn't cobble together a decent defense that wasn't completely predictable in the last seven years . . . so yes, he had to go. John is behind the scenes so we fans have no way to evaluate.

bigcc

Reaction score
Well, Pete was the defensive guru who couldn't cobble together a decent defense that wasn't completely predictable in the last seven years . . . so yes, he had to go. John is behind the scenes so we fans have no way to evaluate.
He was also the coach that went 9-8 on a down year with the qb you don't like.

Don't get to attribute the negatives to him without the positives, same point I'm making about personnel decisions.

Moving on from Pete was the right move, but I certainly wouldn't have said that if the ages were reversed.

Parallax

Reaction score
He was also the coach that went 9-8 on a down year with the qb you don't like.

Don't get to attribute the negatives to him without the positives, same point I'm making about personnel decisions.

Moving on from Pete was the right move, but I certainly wouldn't have said that if the ages were reversed.
By the time Pete was done, I think he well deserved to lose his job. His worst season in the NFL was 6-10 with the Jets. I think it's fair to say he kept his teams had a reasonable floor. But he made all sorts of boneheaded decisions, on the field and off, plus he didn't keep up with the game.

Watch his first Seattle press conference and contrast it with his last. Seems like a totally different person. He came to Seattle really focused, hard working and competitive. By the time he left, he was mostly talk. It's hard to know what caused him to change so much.

bigcc

Reaction score
By the time Pete was done, I think he well deserved to lose his job. His worst season in the NFL was 6-10 with the Jets. I think it's fair to say he kept his teams had a reasonable floor. But he made all sorts of boneheaded decisions, on the field and off, plus he didn't keep up with the game.

Watch his first Seattle press conference and contrast it with his last. Seems like a totally different person. He came to Seattle really focused, hard working and competitive. By the time he left, he was mostly talk. It's hard to know what caused him to change so much.
I agree, I actually know what caused him to change so much.

He'd have been 73 this season and the oldest HC in nfl history if he'd made it until I think mid October.

He was 58 give or take a year when he came in.... Schneider is 52.

You don't think swapping ages changes your outlook? Because I literally hope Schneider isn't here in his 70s.

We were very close to settling for Dan Quinn, if Pete was 58 there's no way in hell you move on after going 9-8

Worth noting Pete was 43 in an era where coaches that young were rare, and a first time HC.

Worst case scenario you work out a situation where you remove some of his team oversight to a more even split with the GM

You know it's the offseason when diving into pointless hypotheticals

Jville

Reaction score
Seattle Sports ON Tap? Is reporting that Geno has restructured, his Roster bonus has been converted to signing Bonus adding 4.8 M to the cap! If true great news!

Great News Indeed. (y) Thanks for posting.

Don't get discouraged by topic hijackers lost in a cloud of negativity. Stay positive and keep posting current news.

John Schneider's comments about second guessing speculators are good for a chuckle.

Here is the link >>>

Parallax

Reaction score
Don't get discouraged by topic hijackers lost in a cloud of negativity. Stay positive and keep posting current news.
I'm curious what you're referring to as negativity? The idea that Geno may get traded?

Those who say it won't happen remind me of those who said Russ wouldn't get traded, Pete wouldn't get fired, etc. I'm happy with the recent changes. I'm excited for next year. I'm alright with Geno coming back for one more. I don't think it's best or smartest thing but I'll accept it. More than one more year with Geno would be hard to accept. Not that we fans have any choice.

Parallax

Reaction score
It COULD happen. I just think that many of us think it won't.
I don't think it's super likely either. My sense is Schneider and Macdonald would like to cut a deal but other teams don't value Geno highly enough to make what Schneider would consider an adequate offer. So we probably roll with Geno for another year. Perhaps Lock too.

Latest posts