Geno deserves our respect

lkjhpoiu

Reaction score
I’m really proud of how Geno played – For many seasons we had Wilson thinking only about himself and his stats but today Geno showed how you could really just work at being a QB.

No matter what the down and distances, if it wasn’t there, he took the check-down – Yes, he made a mistake when trying to get a first down and was intercepted but for the rest of the game after that, he just took whatever was open and didn’t try to challenge the defense.

No matter what was needed he focused on the safe plays and didn’t take risks like RW would have done trying to pad his stats by taking risky throws and expecting his receivers to bail him out.

This loss is really a step forward for the Hawks because it will enable them to bring more team-focused, realistic play from the QB position in the future.

We should thank Geno for that.

JoeBart324

Reaction score
I’m really proud of how Geno played – For many seasons we had Wilson thinking only about himself and his stats but today Geno showed how you could really just work at being a QB.

No matter what the down and distances, if it wasn’t there, he took the check-down – Yes, he made a mistake when trying to get a first down and was intercepted but for the rest of the game after that, he just took whatever was open and didn’t try to challenge the defense.

No matter what was needed he focused on the safe plays and didn’t take risks like RW would have done trying to pad his stats by taking risky throws and expecting his receivers to bail him out.

This loss is really a step forward for the Hawks because it will enable them to bring more team-focused, realistic play from the QB position in the future.

For what? No offensive points. Game is a shutout if not for special teams.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

He should have been INT'd twice, he is unable to push the ball down the field well and he's extremely limited in what he can do as a passer. Checkdowns are really most of what he's been doing. That's cool, but when teams crowd the box there is little recourse. Teams are just able to stack the box and watch as Geno is unable to get his receivers the ball.

Geno doesn't cut it, nor has he played well this game. He's only got one solid half throughout this whole season. In addition to that, Pete Carroll himself definitely doesn't trust him. All of those tick plays and stuff like the wildcat.

OP
OP
L

lkjhpoiu

Reaction score
I think you might be missing the fact that RW wouldn't check down at any point and all he cared about was the deep throw - This isn't Geno's fault, he executed the plays as he was told to do - If it wasn't there then check-down regardless of the down and distance - Overall, this shows that the Hawks are in a better place now than when they were with massive amounts of dollars going to the QB

willyrobt

Reaction score
I hate to say this but Geno looked a little lost. I don't think he is our savior. We will be looking for a QB still. But he does try hard and puts in the effort. Let's see what happens.

mcbobly

Reaction score

This is a poor attempt at humor right? Surely you cannot be serious. Respect is earned and he's not even close to earning it.

OP
OP
L

lkjhpoiu

Reaction score
I think this game pulled into clarity what we on this board were saying about how RW was cancer for this team with his, "full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes" approach to the game - Geno followed what, many of us here called out over many games about just taking what is available and being happy with that. It didn't work out in this case but we all know that it will in the long term or otherwise we wouldn't be demanding that the QB do these things.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, he probably would have had a TD but for that stupid pass play with the RB to a WR in triple coverage.

He isn't great. But he isn't the reason we are struggling.

We are struggling because we aren't effing tackling.

HawkinNY

Reaction score

Maybe if Waldron called a better game things could have been different. He keeps calling games like this and doesn’t matter who we have behind center.

Rat

Reaction score
He had a few throws that surprised me today, but he shouldn't be starting for anyone. Could things really be any worse with Lock?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This is a poor attempt at humor right? Surely you cannot be serious. Respect is earned and he's not even close to earning it.
^^^^THIS IS STUPIDITY ^^^^ The 49rs Defense is rated @ #1 OR #2 and THIS was a HOME OPENENER GAME for them!!!, YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING THE WHOLE DAMNED POINT mcbobly.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I felt like that "Wildcat" backfield in the red zone was very disrespectful to Geno and even to the team. It felt a little like last week, when the chance to succeed was taken away from #3 and given to a kicker.

I want the Seahawks to play professionally, with a "punch you in the mouth intensity". Two trick plays in a row was not what I want to see from what we hope will become a badass team. Even a real homer like me came away feeling disappointed by more than just the loss.

knownone

Reaction score
Geno is a proxy for one of the dumbest debates among Seahawks fans. Was he good? No. But If you watched this game and thought Geno was the primary reason for the loss, you might want to get your eyes checked.

I get that people want to throw mud at each other when Geno does or doesn't perform, but the team was terrible today.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

How did that work out?