Full Time Officials

Welshers2

Reaction score
The NFL needs full-time officials ASAP to try and salvage some credibility. For those of you who don't know, the referees are all part-time employees and many of them are lawyers and doctors and such in the off season. The NFL generates the most revenue of any sports league in the world. You're telling me they don't have the funds to pay referees and keep them employed full time. Pay whatever you need to get top talent, the product will benefit.

Put these refs on a salary of a million a year and make refereeing academies and make them practice and study calls all off-season. Make consequences for mistakes. If the current refs quit like they did in the Fail Mary year, then you can replace them with experienced guys because you have an academy and are paying guys millions to be refs. It will attract higher quality individuals.

Of course the sport may actually be rigged and there is a reason for all of this. For the league to not even attempt to address the issue really makes it seem this way. There is no other explanation.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Imo watch it for it is..sports entertainment...if you can't handle the steering and swift bowl dont watch....I turn it off anytime I see a kc game on TV now...just to keep my fandom of football going.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Imo watch it for it is..sports entertainment...if you can't handle the steering and swift bowl dont watch....I turn it off anytime I see a kc game on TV now...just to keep my fandom of football going.
I love Gronk's playoff picture from last season on FOX when he did the Bob Ross impression/bit - (if you happened to see it)

All the 'analysis' of the NFC, and then the AFC was just Mahomes riding in on a unicorn. Too true.

I simply cannot watch the Chiefs now with the Swift/Mahomes/Kelce cross promotional world domination tour. Just can't. If it's on RedZone, fine - but I'll not turn on a real game.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Doesn't matter either way...steering of games has happened forever..hiring full time employees isn't going to change that.
As much as I want to yell at clouds on this issue - I think you're right -

The fulltime/parttime status of a Ref doesn't chance the steering issue. Both are equally capable of it.

Although in general - I have absolutely no idea as an employer WHY you wouldn't want proper employees for the job. Why have them distracted at all?

JPatera76

Reaction score

Whats worse imo... I believe its not sports entertainment, I believe its just classified with the irs for taxes... as JUST................... "Entertainment"

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Watch a hockey game.

Having full time officials makes absolutely no difference in competency.