OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3fvngdn2 said:
Blitzer88":3fvngdn2 said:
-The Glove-":3fvngdn2 said:
Blitzer there has been some under the radar signings that are probably just camp fodder but it's not like the FO hasn't done a thing. You got Taylor Price, Chris Matthews, Stephen Schilling, Greg Van Roten...there's some depth for ya. And for the defensive backfield, there's Shead, Simon, Auguste

That is true, but man...those guys sure do provide a lot of question marks in terms of what they could really provide us. Although we did said the same thing about 90% of guys on this roster at some point in time and look what we did this last year.

But that's what you get out of depth... Unproven guys with question marks. We're not asking them to step in and start. So what it sounds like is you really want some big name guys signed.

Not at all. I would love under the radar FAs. Someone like Shaun Phillips. He would be pretty cheap right now and provide great depth that we lost when Clem and Red were released. And when it comes to the WRs, I think we need to bring someone else in besides Taylor Price, I mean he is on the extreme end of unproven.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I keep tweeting PC, telling him i'm available.

But nothing so far.

We should start a "sign throwdown" movement.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2big7qkv said:
-The Glove-":2big7qkv said:
Blitzer88":2big7qkv said:
-The Glove-":2big7qkv said:
Blitzer there has been some under the radar signings that are probably just camp fodder but it's not like the FO hasn't done a thing. You got Taylor Price, Chris Matthews, Stephen Schilling, Greg Van Roten...there's some depth for ya. And for the defensive backfield, there's Shead, Simon, Auguste

That is true, but man...those guys sure do provide a lot of question marks in terms of what they could really provide us. Although we did said the same thing about 90% of guys on this roster at some point in time and look what we did this last year.

But that's what you get out of depth... Unproven guys with question marks. We're not asking them to step in and start. So what it sounds like is you really want some big name guys signed.

Not at all. I would love under the radar FAs. Someone like Shaun Phillips. He would be pretty cheap right now and provide great depth that we lost when Clem and Red were released. And when it comes to the WRs, I think we need to bring someone else in besides Taylor Price, I mean he is on the extreme end of unproven.
you're talking about 3 weeks into FA...u pick up those under the radar signings a little later. There's plenty of time man. Just relax and enjoy your first ever championship offseason

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey Blitzer, you are ok to feel the way you do, and others have pointed out some possibilities. In the end, you know we are going to be a great team again this year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2pmv116j said:
Still love my Hawks think they can still extend Earl and Sherm but, Is anyone else as frustrated about this offseason as I am right now. I mean I knew we were gonna lose some of our guys, but I did not think we would lose, what, 12 of our free agents. Plus this is one offseason where guys seem to come visit and leave without a contract. That usually hasn't been the case with this front office. Also, we have yet to really fill any of those spots that were vacated by departing players and yes I know the draft is upcoming, but you can't fill every need in the draft. And yes I know I'll be bashed for being negative, but I was just expecting a lot more from this offseason. I am just starting to get worried. Okay, rant over for now.

They're just sticking to a budget, Blitzer. Let's see how the draft and the rest of the off-season play out. We had a lot of depth and really good coaching. Guys will have to step into those roles and new guys will be brought in (just as they have in the past).

I'm sure you have to realize that John, Pete and the entire personnel department are not inept. If you've thought of it, they certainly have.

kf3339

Reaction score
Per the OP, I think we need to remember that practically the entire draft last season was either on full season IR, or on the inactive list. That's a lot of players ready to go this year. Add to that this seasons draft and we will have a very hungry group of young guys wanting to prove themselves to the coaches and their veteran teammates.

I think we will be more than fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not frustrated even a little bit. The Hawks are Superbowl Champions, with a young team, the best D in football, and the best front office in football.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
:bitenails: :bitenails: :bitenails: :bitenails: :bitenails: :bitenails: :bitenails: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: But most importantly this thread is :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Largent80":3g5fc1aw said:
Hey Blitzer, you are ok to feel the way you do, and others have pointed out some possibilities. In the end, you know we are going to be a great team again this year.

True.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Blitzer88":38jidcxc said:
You guys, I'm not talking about spending big money on big name free agents. I'm just talking about signing some guys to help fill the depth that we lost on the offensive line, the wide receiver core and the defensive backfield during FA. I knew we weren't gonna really sign any big name guys because we didn't need it.

They are doing that. They signed a couple OL prospects. They've made a few under-the-radar moves.

We just need depth that we can coach up to be starters when our starters leave. You'll see us go CB and WR in the draft as well. FA isn't over either. Maybe Britt comes in to SEA, for example. Maybe we get Rice back, the epitome of depth at WR.

No offseason after winning a SB is frustrating, IMO. My team is the champs until someone stops them, and that won't be happening until January barring injury - if it even does.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kf3339":3eee1xa9 said:
Per the OP, I think we need to remember that practically the entire draft last season was either on full season IR, or on the inactive list. That's a lot of players ready to go this year. Add to that this seasons draft and we will have a very hungry group of young guys wanting to prove themselves to the coaches and their veteran teammates.

I think we will be more than fine.

We get this year's draft plus Simon, Williams, Smith, Michael, Hill, and Ware. I'm really interested to see how those guys can contribute.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LymonHawk":gtpaagcc said:
As far as I can tell, we have kept most of our coaching staff; which is a big deal in a post SB winning year.

BTW: The season is still far away.

I agree with Lymon. I think we are really ahead of the game by keeping our coaches and the consistency that that provides for all of our young guys. I feel that consistency in the coaching dept., as long as we have good coaches, (We obviously do.), is important.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
It's the same thing every off season. Fans want what they deem as a need addressed by the players they want to be on the team and they want it done now. They have a difficult time looking at history and the facts. To them the grass is greener on the fields of other teams.

Mellow the hell out!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It seems some folks are just as depressed as ever, even after witnessing their team win the Super Bowl.

I wonder how they'd feel if they had to witness Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman leave because we paid a bunch of money to re-sign an average RT and rotational D-linemen.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":392nbd81 said:
Just makes me that much more antsy for the Draft. God is it April yet?

The draft starts on May 8th this year.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3v1y5ofc said:
I'm excited about Tharold Simon, whom I hope is our eventual Byron Maxwell replacement after Maxwell goes and gets paid in the next couple seasons.

I want to keep Maxwell. Im as excited about watching him next year as any other Seahawk. Huge chance for him to shine.