Frustrating Former Seahawks

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
Malik, good one, what a dipsh*t.

Marcus Tubbs. A good player that played well when healthy, but that knee of his and the never successful microfracture surgery. The defense was noticeably better when he was on the field.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I don't have guys that I don't like personally, I can easily separate that from football.

But for not living up to expectations, it's gotta be Rick Mirer, we needed a QB desperately.

And Aaron "safest pick in the draft" Curry.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Not former Seahawks, but those dudes throwing salmon at Pike's Place. For the love of God, there's an entire beautiful big city on the water to show, and what does tv always focus on? Guys throwing fish.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanted so badly for Koren Robinson to be good... alas, it never happened.

I played him once in a basketball game. If he was half as good on the field as he was on that court he would have been a Pro Bowler.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
But MOST teams would have taken him at #4. That wasn't because the front office was stupid.
I never said they were stupid…I have and still say they were inept. You are correct that Curry would have gone high in the draft…comment was more about pundit grades…but also helping to build the momentum to bring in a new regime.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
But MOST teams would have taken him at #4. That wasn't because the front office was stupid.
You're right, everyone had Curry as a "can't miss" type of player. I just think, with the help of hindsight, that it was fitting that Tim and Jim were responsible for drawing the short straw when it came to finding out the hard way about Curry.

Rat

Reaction score
I too, vote for McDowell. The warning signs were there. Other teams heeded them. Our front office did not.
Apparently his interviews were horrifically bad. His past issues were more attitude and work ethic rather than a history of making poor decisions, but I guess those red flags are there for a reason. Too bad because his upside was prodigious.

It was an especially frustrating miss because TJ Watt was there with our original pick. In the series of trade downs that eventually led to Malik, we netted the following:

Pick 1(26) to Atlanta for:
1(31) traded to the Niners
3(95) S Lano Hill
7(249) RB Chris Carson

Pick 1(31) to SF for:
2(34) traded to Jacksonville
4(111) S Tedric Thompson

Pick 2(34) to Jacksonville for:
2(35) DT Malik McDowell
6(187) S Mike Tyson

To recap, we turned one pick that could have been Watt into five picks, which we used on Chris Carson, who retired three years ago, two players who never saw the field for us (McDowell, Tyson), and two awful safeties who hurt us more than the two players who never saw the field (Hill, Thompson). More picks doesn't always equal better.