Fred Jackson involved in accident

chris98251

Reaction score
See what happens when you start trying to run a bubble screen with your 3rd down back.

Chapow

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1wny0qx1 said:
ringless":1wny0qx1 said:
Apparently there are witnesses.

This is a legitimate question I am about to ask so please don't take offense.

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.

Not making excuses...... There are rarely cars on that road.
BUT, my running groups runs to the VMAC and back literally turning back at the entrance.
If it was an hour later? 20-30 runners.
He just missed the Welcome sign w our logo and SB 48 plaque.

I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't have been trying to take a tight corner at a high speed if there had been 20-30 people on said corner. I really doubt he is that reckless. Maybe I'm wrong.

And like you said, there are rarely cars on that road and even more rarely people walking/running on that road.

Not saying it's OK to drive like a jackass, but to try to equate this to driving so hammered that you crash in to a tree and pass out with your foot on the throttle, in a residential area, at 7 AM, on a school day, well, that's just absurd.

rcaido

Reaction score
According to Jackson, he was doing fine until 3/4th of the way...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Chapow":2azqzzdx said:
WmHBonney":2azqzzdx said:
Seahawks are a wreck in more ways than one now......

I would be curious to see what the little black box in the car has to say. Investigators can get all of the data they need from that box now. They can determine how fast you were going, whether you had your foot on the gas or the brakes and all kinds of juicy little tidbits these days. The only question is, how far do they want to take this?

A dude crashed in to a stop sign. Stuff like this happens every day. I'm guessing the police aren't going to put a whole lot of time and resources in to this.

I know that. I am just saying that if the police wanted to make life miserable, they could easily do so.

chris98251

Reaction score
WmHBonney":7873iv25 said:
Chapow":7873iv25 said:
WmHBonney":7873iv25 said:
Seahawks are a wreck in more ways than one now......

I would be curious to see what the little black box in the car has to say. Investigators can get all of the data they need from that box now. They can determine how fast you were going, whether you had your foot on the gas or the brakes and all kinds of juicy little tidbits these days. The only question is, how far do they want to take this?

A dude crashed in to a stop sign. Stuff like this happens every day. I'm guessing the police aren't going to put a whole lot of time and resources in to this.

I know that. I am just saying that if the police wanted to make life miserable, they could easily do so.

They are Seahawks fans and know Jackson plays in Bevells offense, making it worse would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Since when did TMZ become a reputable source of news? Media in this country is out of control.

seahawksny

Reaction score
How anyone cam make jokes out of something like this is beyond me. People could have been hurt or injured and the comments mentioning bevell and finishing drives not only is not funny, but appalling in my opinion.

mrt144

Reaction score
seahawksny":39zktw8c said:
How anyone cam make jokes out of something like this is beyond me. People could have been hurt or injured and the comments mentioning bevell and finishing drives not only is not funny, but appalling in my opinion.

You're going to hate my offensive jokes.

lkjhpoiu

Reaction score
I live just down the road from there and drive past it every day - In fact I drove past the crash just after it happened (Jackson was standing there with police taking some stuff out of the car), players were still leaving the facility.

While 44th and Lake Washington is usually a pretty empty street, in the afternoon (and the morning) there is a ton of traffic here and it can be a pain getting onto 44th from either Seahawks Way or even the 405 off ramp.

My speculation is that he was speeding a bit but could have stopped at the stop sign if needed - However he saw a gap in the traffic, gave it a bit of the business to get into the gap and lost control - There wasn't really a ton of damage to the front end from the pole he hit which indicates to me that he was probably slowing down very quickly and just couldn't get it to stop when he hit the pole.

Speeding and impatient jackassery, like 99% of people have done at some time in their life.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seahawksny":369be43l said:
You can't be a real person.

two dog

Reaction score
Rocket":2u03r40z said:
Nice to hear it was a muck-raking scumbag doing what much-racking scumbags do.
JOURNALISM IS DEAD !!!!!!
TMZ outta San Fran are they? Ninnie fans I'm sure.

No man, JOURNALISM IS ALIVE !!
YOU are carrying the torch.

Go for orbit Rocket.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That last quarter (mile) is always where disaster strikes.

Gotta finish.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
He was doing fine until he hit that 4th gear, that's when everything unraveled and he lost control.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I know I'm late to this joke but I just gotta say it.

Another stalled drive.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ringless":1xpw5jb6 said:
scutterhawk":1xpw5jb6 said:
ringless":1xpw5jb6 said:
Apparently there are witnesses.

This is a legitimate question I am about to ask so please don't take offense.

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.
You're equating drunk driving with speeding while sober?

Drag Racing in the streets, which puts people at harm. What makes that decision any better? Yes, look at the results of it. There were people nearby. Drag racing is illegal, and that pole could just have been a person instead. I'd say both incidents are equally stupid, both lacked judgement. Once you lose control does it really matter if your sober or not? Drunk or sober its still a 3000lb machine flying down the street with no control while cars and people are out. A big chunk of metal flying down the road. What if it hit a family? Yes in my opinion it was just as stupid. In fact Fred should have better judgement sober than drunk.
Not saying that he wasn't showing poor judgment, but comparing it to Drunk Driving?, hell no, it's not even on the same page.