Reaction score
At least the Niners off season was worse

So far.

Damn we need a win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ringless":23ewr5i4 said:
Apparently there are witnesses.

This is a legitimate question I am about to ask so please don't take offense.

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.
You're equating drunk driving with speeding while sober?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":27fk4qk6 said:
SeatownJay":27fk4qk6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/30AcreFortress/status/656638322211553280[/tweet]

What am I missing here.....Jackson's car was a Corvette.

Derrick Coleman, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson.....

Think about it.

ringless

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3kvqnfmt said:
ringless":3kvqnfmt said:

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.

Drag Racing in the streets, which puts people at harm. What makes that decision any better? Yes, look at the results of it. There were people nearby. Drag racing is illegal, and that pole could just have been a person instead. I'd say both incidents are equally stupid, both lacked judgement. Once you lose control does it really matter if your sober or not? Drunk or sober its still a 3000lb machine flying down the street with no control while cars and people are out. A big chunk of metal flying down the road. What if it hit a family? Yes in my opinion it was just as stupid. In fact Fred should have better judgement sober than drunk.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3b8iza0u said:
ringless":3b8iza0u said:

No, he is equating drunk driving with street racing which is as poor a judgement call as drunk driving. There are reports now there was no drag racing, in which case the possible comparison goes away.

drdiags

Reaction score
According to others, there was no drag racing. Just TMZ doing TMZ things. Wasn't there so not sure though some of our guys definitely need to learn how to control a vehicle

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cliffavril/status/656637867477741568[/tweet]

EDIT: Not sure why the tweet button isn't working. Or must be my browser since I don't see the tweet I pasted.

https://twitter.com/cliffavril/status/656637867477741568

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Both of these fellows should have known better than to race on the streets. I'm a long time Pro Bracket racer who frequents Bremerton Raceway. The season just closed or I would love to see these players race legally.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":eeebgvvi said:
Bigpumpkin":eeebgvvi said:
SeatownJay":eeebgvvi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/30AcreFortress/status/656638322211553280[/tweet]

What am I missing here.....Jackson's car was a Corvette.

Derrick Coleman, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson.....

Think about it.

You aint gonna give them gametime thrills, they gonna find them on the streets.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ilxvt8a said:
Both of these fellows should have known better than to race on the streets. I'm a long time Pro Bracket racer who frequents Bremerton Raceway. The season just closed or I would love to see these players race legally.

Charity Opportunity if I ever heard one.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not sure who to blame... Did bevell call the wrong route home? Did the o'line fail to road grade in front if him? Maybe Russell was actually driving and too short to see over the dashboard? was cary williams trying to cover the stop dign leaving it wide open? Can one if you smart guys watch the video and let us know?

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zbg8s3d said:
I'm not sure who to blame... Did bevell call the wrong route home? Did the o'line fail to road grade in front if him? Maybe Russell was actually driving and too short to see over the dashboard? was cary williams trying to cover the stop dign leaving it wide open? Can one if you smart guys watch the video and let us know?

I laughed and I shouldn't have... damn.

drdiags

Reaction score
Now being reported as not a drag race, just Jackson taking a tight turn at a high speed. Still not smart on his part to be burning rubber out of the parking lot or whatever it was.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/20/reporters-seahawks-player-deny-tmz-drag-race-report/

Not long after TMZ reported that it was a drag race between Seahawks running backs Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch that caused Jackson to wreck his car outside the team facility Tuesday, denials started making their way through the Twitterverse.

Per Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, who knows Jackson well from the veteran’s time with the Bills, Jackson is fine and the initial report from TMZ is wrong. Per Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports, Jackson was going too fast and misjudged “a very tight turn.”

PFT confirmed that Jackson is fine and the incident was the result of an accident, not a drag race.