Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

mistaowen

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pczjb6q said:
Hard to see this team being competitive in 2019 at this point. Our cupboards at edge rush are now Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, a sophomore who redshirted (Green), and whatever rookies are chosen by a team whose first-round draft has come under heavy questioning in the last few years.

Agree the pass rush is concerning this year but it's a special class to draft from. It's likely they trade at least one of the firsts but now JS has the option to take a stud at 21 and if needed stay at 29. There are multiple players who on paper should come in and start day 1 at DL. It took Frank a few years to get going so it's unrealistic to think someone will immediately replace his stats, that said the contract he wanted also meant potentially losing out on extending others and him still being the only pass rush.

Pete and co will need to be creative this season to package pressure. Bobby is excellent at it, maybe they can sign Suh now to pair with Reed up the middle. And, maybe even the secondary takes a step forward and gives the DL an extra second or two in solid coverage this year.

Happy for Clark, happy for the returns. First year in awhile I'm excited to tune into the draft. Still think the team is a season away from a serious SB push with the Rams impending contract hell.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I like it, great value for the Hawks long term.

And this is great. :D
Rat":1rshqu2v said:
Or more likely, we're going to end up owning the entire sixth round this year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
kf3339":2f097qqr said:
The deal needed to happen and we ended up with a fair return for him. If you believe in PC knowing how to build a defense then we will be fine. Besides keeping and paying Reed and Wagner in a year is far more important than breaking the bank for Clark.

It's actually a good deal for all sides.

Yes. I think a DT who can get double digit sacks and play the run as well as Reed does is a rarer and more valuable commodity than a high end edge.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Just an awesome trade all around for both teams. Chiefs are built to contend for a title this year and added a great pass rusher. We got a Kong’s Ransom Lite for him and can allocate his financial resources elsewhere (Bobby and Reid).

Great past few days for the Seahawks FO

ivotuk

Reaction score
From Rob Staton's blog YESTERDAY!

Peter King published a mock draft today. He had the Kansas City Chiefs trading #29 and #63 for Frank Clark. That’s a first and second round pick. Quite the haul.

We’ll gloss over the fact King then has Seattle drafting two similar players (Byron Murphy and Johnathan Abram) and focus on the projected trade. This would open up the draft for the Seahawks.

"If you gain picks #29 and #63, you can afford to take Gary at #21. You’d have six picks instead of four. If they wanted they could trade down from #29 or #63 to gain further picks. They’d have an excellent chance to fill their key needs."

ivotuk

Reaction score
IMHO, what got this trade done was the Jets considering moving out of #3, the rumor about Seattle moving up to #3, and the threat of losing out on Frank Clark!

Now, were those rumors true? Or did Schneider start them in order to motivate Kansas City to get off the pot? :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Incredible deal for the Hawks. We just fleeced them, big time. Wow. Can't believe they got a 1 AND a 2.
And for 21 mil a year? No thx. VERY happy w/this deal. Great job by the front office.

rcaido

Reaction score
I cant believe...Everything i wanted so far is coming true, first Wilson & now this! Seahawks killing it, hopefully they do great in the draft. I think Green will have a big year! I also felt Reed was more important than Clark.

Kinger95

Reaction score
I would trade back at pick 21 into the 28-32 range if possible then trade either that pick or pick 29 for a 2020 1st and a 2019 3rd

sutz

Reaction score
What's with all the multi-posting? I'm seeing multiple copies of a couple of posts up thread?

What gives?

:229031_shrug:

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Remember Green has all the physical tools needed, and he's just a puppy, he'll still be younger than many being drafted this year.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Could u imagine if we would have traded Russ to the giants for 6 , 17 and a 2020 1st? I know that means we’d be in a rebuild but we could have easily gotten kyler Murray or been very well equipped to get the best QB in the next draft. It doesn’t matter now but it’s nice to have a front office that values players accordingly like the pats.

knownone

Reaction score
I didn’t expect this to happen but we pretty much nailed his value in the other threads.

It’ll be interesting to see if they bring in Ansah, Suh, or even Perry.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sutz":mz6tbm9j said:
What's with all the multi-posting? I'm seeing multiple copies of a couple of posts up thread?

What gives?

:229031_shrug:

There's been some lag, but there is a lot of TRAFFIC today.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Love the deal. Never thought we would get that much for him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This sends a message to the rest of the team....loud and clear. Mr. Clark had a case of a swollen head. John will be reasonable in reimbursing each player. However, when the player gets a "big head" about their value ….no one is not expendable…..except the QB. Personally, Frank's asking price was "over the top".

massari

Reaction score
#21 Sweat/Gary/Ferrell/Burns
#29 Jeffery Simmons
3rd S
4th WR
5th CB

Would love to trade down a few spots from #21 to pick up another 3rd to get another DE there, but Sweat and Gary might fall for health reasons becoming available there and Simmons could be Fletcher Cox in 2020, so maybe they stay put.

Sign Ansah or Suh to 1 year deals after May 7th so they don't count against the comp pick formula.

Largent80

Reaction score
KC is in "Win Now" mode obviously. They think Clark is a Lombardi.

Problem is there is a team in their division called the Patriots.