Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
I wonder if they try to trade that next years 2nd to a slightly lessor pick this year??

Possible with the D depth this season??

zchurch74

Reaction score
Will we now trade the first round pick for more picks in later rounds?

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":305c15rl said:
I wonder if they try to trade that next years 2nd to a slightly lessor pick this year??

Anything is possible. This is really good for the Hawks in every way. Even looking towards contracts for Reed and Wagner.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
zchurch74":1ag6qile said:

Death
Taxes
John Schneider trades down

James in PA

Reaction score
In other news, Tom Cable just messed his pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3heruil3 said:
Seymour":3heruil3 said:

Anything is possible. This is really good for the Hawks in every way. Even looking towards contracts for Reed and Wagner.

Yep! Now Reed and Wagner get done with cash to spare!! :irishdrinkers:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Nice. Glad they didn’t wait until his value diminished and held on to him too long like a few who shall not be named. Draft well, use em for a few, then trade for a boat load and reload. Rinse and repeat.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This draft is really strong in the 25-60 range. Seattle should be expected to get down with more picks in that range.

Good deal. Fair deal really. Sad to see him go, but his contract alone would be enough to keep both Reed and Wagner. So it needed to be done. Hate that he has to go though because he was really one of my favorite players on this team.

I just hope that we don't end up with two Rashaad Penny type reach picks for our efforts. Our top 64 picks in the last two years has been frankly a franchise crippling effort. We simply cannot have anything close to the crapshow we've seen out of this front office three years running.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Wow! This a move successful franchises make as much as it sucks to lose him. Frank is an excellent player who isn't worth the big money he covets and if kept on the franchise this year would only net a third next year when he leaves. This is the absolute best draft to get another 1st/future 2nd and restock the DL with some very promising players. JS can stay at 21 for a guy they love and trade back the Chiefs pick or vice versa. Should definitely be able to snag a second round pick for this year.

Bring on the next wave of defensive studs!

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qdxxpv2 said:
zchurch74":3qdxxpv2 said:

Death
Taxes
John Schneider trades down

This actually made me laugh out loud, love it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This could a Rick Mirer trade where both teams benefit.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3k1k4ozm said:
This draft is really strong in the 25-60 range. Seattle should be expected to get down with more picks in that range.

Good deal. Fair deal really. Sad to see him go, but his contract alone would be enough to keep both Reed and Wagner. So it needed to be done. Hate that he has to go though because he was really one of my favorite players on this team.

I just hope that we don't end up with two Rashaad Penny type reach picks for our efforts. Our top 64 picks in the last two years has been frankly a franchise crippling effort. We simply cannot have anything close to the crapshow we've seen out of this front office three years running.

100% agree. We must do better with our early picks now!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Whew! Almost bought my Frank Clark jersey for this season.

Rat

Reaction score
WOW! I like Frank Clark, but really? I would have accepted way less. Schneider killed this one!

Two first round picks on Thursday now? We might even make one! Or more likely, we're going to end up owning the entire sixth round this year.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was thinking that the Chiefs first rounder is pretty close to a high second so we may just keep the pick and draft there, but is there a difference in how long before a 2nd rounder can redo his initial deal vs a 1st rounder?

jmahon316

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120752347469221889[/tweet]

Whoa....

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I just read we get the lower 2nd round pick next year as well. They have the 49ers 2nd next year.