Frank Clark returns to Seahawks

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well - at least they DID something.

I was preparing for some shitty word salad - 'we're gonna get the guys rotating and they should be good covering.... etc etc".

JUST like the week 5 bye - at the beginning of the season - this looked incredibly stupid.

Not looking stupid now. I like it.

EDIT: and I haven't been following him but I have 2 questions - why does he have a 7.3 sacks/season average - but ZERO with the donks this year? Seems odd. What's wrong with that?

Also - anyone remember why we let Jadeveon Clowney go? Just curious. I forgot.

Last edited:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fun fact, as best I can tell, the Clark trade turned into Damien Lewis, L.J. Collier, Cody Barton, and Alton Robinson for us.

So, Lewis notwithstanding, it seems only just that we get him back for nothing.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
They did get a bit of that money back from Frank as a concession for releasing him right away, but yeah, he basically got the Broncos to pay him for nothing this year. Hopefully Pete can help him to make the most of this opportunity (assuming he passes the physical).
Between this year and next, Clark counts as $3.5M in dead money against the Donkeys' cap.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well - at least they DID something.

I was preparing for some shitty word salad - 'we're gonna get the guys rotating and they should be good covering.... etc etc".

JUST like the week 5 bye - at the beginning of the season - this looked incredibly stupid.

Not looking stupid now. I like it.

EDIT: and I haven't been following him but I have 2 questions - why does he have a 7.3 sacks/season average - but ZERO with the donks this year? Seems odd. What's wrong with that?

Also - anyone remember why we let Jadeveon Clowney go? Just curious. I forgot.
Russell has nightmares when he sees QB's sacked and didn't give him permission, hell the whole Denver defense has been told to sit on their thumbs so Russell looks good in practice and then game day they look like ass. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
On the actual topic, Clark if fired up to play can make a difference, don't want him leading from the grandstands, we have leadership now, he needs to assume his role and perform during his rotation. Stupid simple, keep the penalties in your pocket also, we have enough problems on offense with that.

bileever

Reaction score
They did get a bit of that money back from Frank as a concession for releasing him right away, but yeah, he basically got the Broncos to pay him for nothing this year. Hopefully Pete can help him to make the most of this opportunity (assuming he passes the physical).
Yes, that's right. The Broncos basically blackmailed Clark into giving back some money, saying that if he didn't that they wouldn't release him but keep him and not play him, which would hurt him career-wise. It was kind of a shitty thing to do, and I wonder what other players will think about signing with Denver in the future.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I wasn't a big proponent of bring him back because I thought it would cost us too much but if the price is right? sounds like a good move. Not sure how much he last left in the tank and i really wanted to see our new Rookie get some much-needed snaps.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hope he is ready to blend in and play within the scheme. As a situational pass rusher, maybe he can still be functional. As an edge defender in the run game, and sincerely think he’s a liability. Hope I am wrong.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Fun fact, as best I can tell, the Clark trade turned into Damien Lewis, L.J. Collier, Cody Barton, and Alton Robinson for us.

So, Lewis notwithstanding, it seems only just that we get him back for nothing.

The worst part of that is we passed on Montez Sweat.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
13.5 sacks and 2 FF in 17 playoffs games. If they can make the playoffs that’s were he could pay real dividends. Seems to excel in the meaningful games.